~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

9 hours ago, Brick said:

Having worked in Mississauga at least, I don't know what's in the water in that city, but so many people are entitled, obnoxious, stupid, rude little shits.

This is typical of suburban folks outside major cities. I’m guessing they think Toronto is a drug and gang infested ghetto, too.

13 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Literally nothing matters.

He could kill Nancy Pelosi during the State of the Union and congressional Republicans and 35-41% of America would say she deserved it.

I just someone in a Facebook comment section blame WOODWARD for not coming forward sooner. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He should have. The disconnect between his public statements and what he said here in EARLY FEBRUARY would have made a difference

Remember that brief window when people were actually willing to do drastic measures around the middle of March. People were literally keeping Amazon packages in the garage for three days before bringing them in. What might have been if a credible journalist broke the news that this thing was floating around in the air in early February?

Obviously not on the same level as the POTUS’ inaction, but still journalistic malpractice. We need better media.

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Remember that brief window when people were actually willing to do drastic measures around the middle of March. People were literally keeping Amazon packages in the garage for three days before bringing them in. What might have been if a credible journalist broke the news that this thing was floating around in the air in early February?

Obviously not on the same level as the POTUS’ inaction, but still journalistic malpractice. We need better media.

I agree, this doesn't absolve Trump, he should have been as forthcoming with the public as he was with Woodward (and would probably be cruising to reelection in the process!) And it may have saved thousands of lives!

Woodward should have released this back then and it might have saved thousands of lives! But instead he saved it so he could sell books! Fuck him.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He should have. The disconnect between his public statements and what he said here in EARLY FEBRUARY would have made a difference

1 hour ago, mrbiggsly said:

It's just confirming things we already knew and other people have decided to be apathetic towards. Maybe if Woodward had come forward earlier more people would have been concerned earlier but without a strong central message it's just more noise

Yeah but then he would make less money 

Woodward should have come forward and he should face scrutiny for the reasons he kept this secret for this long. But I'm not going to waste any more time talking about that until after the election at least. 

I wouldn't have thought this would amount to much but I'm listening to the questions he just took in the briefing room and hearing the recordings and it's bad. Bad in the "some kid just said the Emperor has no clothes on" sense.

He sounds like, and sounds like he's being treated as, a 'regular' politician on this. The depth and clarity and simplicity of the deception really seems like he feels like he won't be able to square the circle. 

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm trying to imagine just what sort of thing Trump would have to do or say to end up having the bulk of his supporters abandon him. It won't be this. What would it take?

Nothing. The long alleged ‘n-word’ tape could come out and his number wouldn’t move a goddamn percentage point. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm trying to imagine just what sort of thing Trump would have to do or say to end up having the bulk of his supporters abandon him. It won't be this. What would it take?

I'm imagining that he could come out and say that he is god reborn in the flesh and should be worshipped, and that night sour him along Evangelicals. However, I'd have to imagine that a large portion of his followers would just say he was joking.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

I'm imagining that he could come out and say that he is god reborn in the flesh and should be worshipped, and that night sour him along Evangelicals. However, I'd have to imagine that a large portion of his followers would just say he was joking.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-09/houston-s-daily-covid-19-tallies-inflated-by-months-old-cases?sref=LKs265dO&fbclid=IwAR0D817hZijTFUfgdBV5OCJLYolhgnPrlSRe9z711F4QSGHaXBH36TonRNY

Harris County was way behind in June—August on getting testing data reported, so the outbreak in the Houston area was likely far worse particularly in late June and early July than we were lead to believe, while the numbers now are actually significantly over reported. What a mess.

1 hour ago, ort said:

Remember the first episode of Black Mirror? Something like that except voluntarily being sodomized and putting it on TikTok