~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Well... I’ve come down sick. It might just be a regular cold though. I have a sore throat and nasal congestion and that’s it. Will be interesting to monitor.

I’m actually having a video meeting with my doctor tomorrow for a different reason so I guess it’s good timing. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, johnny said:

Well... I’ve come down sick. It might just be a regular cold though. I have a sore throat and nasal congestion and that’s it. Will be interesting to monitor.

I’m actually having a video meeting with my doctor tomorrow for a different reason so I guess it’s good timing. 

Feel better. My middle kid caught some sort of viral throat infection recently. Fever and night sweats galore. Pediatrician said he’s seen a lot of it going around this late summer and heard similar from doctor friends in other parts of the country.

40 minutes ago, johnny said:

Probably a cold unless you have a dry cough. (Not always the case, which is why I said “probably”)

Ontario halts reopening following spike in COVID-19 cases: 185 new cases as schools reopen across the province

Ontario is halting further reopening in the province, following a spike in confirmed COVID-19 cases, especially in Ottawa, Toronto and Brampton.

Premier Doug Ford noted on Tuesday that three regions, or “hot areas” – Ottawa, Toronto and Brampton – were of particular concern. “If you add all those cases up, they’re the vast majority of the cases in the province.

“It’s frustrating because it affects the rest of the province when everyone’s doing so well in small, small groups within communities, and Ottawa, Toronto and Brampton (has) the vast majority of the cases.”

The premier wouldn’t say whether the province might revert to Stage 2 regulations in those three areas. “Just follow the guidelines,” he advised. “Don’t have these big parties. Don’t have these big family gatherings.”

He urged neighbours to call the police on partiers, and police to lay charges. “We have to start putting the hammer down on people that don’t want to follow protocols and guidelines because it’s going to affect every single one of us.”

Ford also expressed worry that newcomers to Canada and Ontario are not self-quarantining for the required two weeks, and promised action if people don’t comply. “If you aren’t sitting on your couch, we’re coming after you,” he said.

Fuck Brampton/Toronto/Ottawa.

Disney covering up cases, putting employees back to work while still infected.

On Aug. 2, Wilson alleged in a text message that just five days after he tested positive for COVID-19, Disney had cleared him to return to work. At this point, Wilson claimed he had not isolated the recommended 14 days, nor received a negative test result. Nevertheless, he wrote, he returned to work on Aug. 3. The following day, according to the text messages, two more members of the 12-person team had reportedly gone home, leaving just Wilson and one other worker.

Not evil!

• Guillotine 2

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If this blows up big enough in social media or the press it will come crashing down on the highest ranking person who “cleared” the employee(s), even if pressure to improperly clear somebody came from higher up. In other words the people most responsible won’t be held accountable. 

9 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

As if COVID and 2020 weren’t bad enough, this is what it looks like outside my house right now.

Note: not my picture but it looks the same.

That's pretty much what most of the gorge / The Dalles looked like a few years ago.  The smoke got funneled right towards us and stuck around for a few days.  

Coronavirus: Social gatherings above six banned in England from 14 September

"It is absolutely critical that people now abide by these rules and remember the basics - washing your hands, covering your face, keeping space from others, and getting a test if you have symptoms."

No 10 said any group of seven or more people gathering anywhere "risks being dispersed by police or fined for non-compliance".

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/so-taken-aback-family-kicked-off-jetblue-flight-after-2-year-old-cant-keep-mask-speaks-out/XXBRD77QHRG65OFLMCYFVFLB4A/?fbclid=IwAR0Dw7nyMS_AUQx8iT2q2dmYNwz2858ef7_J1x71kH5ec5BdcjwSU8T20Zk

I can’t think of any reasons this lady should be traveling with her brood of kids at this point. Still bad that Jet Blue apparently had conflicting messages on their website.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/so-taken-aback-family-kicked-off-jetblue-flight-after-2-year-old-cant-keep-mask-speaks-out/XXBRD77QHRG65OFLMCYFVFLB4A/?fbclid=IwAR0Dw7nyMS_AUQx8iT2q2dmYNwz2858ef7_J1x71kH5ec5BdcjwSU8T20Zk

I can’t think of any reasons this lady should be traveling with her brood of kids at this point. Still bad that Jet Blue apparently had conflicting messages on their website.

I can't imagine flying with 6 kids during a pandemic. 

Wait, no. 

I can't imagine flying during a pandemic. 

Actually...

I can't imagine having 6 kids. Like, seriously. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

I can't imagine flying with 6 kids during a pandemic. 

Wait, no. 

I can't imagine flying during a pandemic. 

Actually...

I can't imagine having 6 kids. Like, seriously. 

There is a lot to unpack, here

20 minutes ago, chakoo said:

As someone who lives in Downtown TO, fuck every one of them not taking this seriously. Specially those house parties in Brampton. :|

I’m doing my light duty job at various Dollaramas store mostly in Brampton/Milton/Etobicoke/Mississauga and the past 2 weeks of working in store. I have noticed an uptick in people coughing into their masks, and just coughing alone. I have even some people even lower them to speak to others in the store. 

we are fucked for this 2nd wave

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I’m doing my light duty job at various Dollaramas store mostly in Brampton/Milton/Etobicoke/Mississauga and the past 2 weeks of working in store. I have noticed an uptick in people coughing into their masks, and just coughing alone. I have even some people even lower them to speak to others in the store. 

Those motherfuckers think they are invincible in their masks. 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Can't have a second wave when the first one never ends!

1 minute ago, TyphoidHater said:

NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING!!!!!!!  

Except every rational individual with at least a rudimentary understanding of science.

Ehhhh - I really wouldn't be overly concerned about this at all.

The AstraZeneca/Oxford initiative is regarded as the most promising, most rigorous of all the current programs so taking this step when an unexpected situation arises -- which may be COMPLETELY unrelated to the vaccine itself -- is to be expected and not a cause for alarm.

12 minutes ago, TyphoidHater said:

NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING!!!!!!!  

Except every rational individual with at least a rudimentary understanding of science.

Well, of course. This is a normal part of vaccine creation.

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Ehhhh - I really wouldn't be overly concerned about this at all.

The AstraZeneca/Oxford initiative is regarded as the most promising, most rigorous of all the current programs so taking this step when an unexpected situation arises -- which may be COMPLETELY unrelated to the vaccine itself -- is to be expected and not a cause for alarm.

Plus no other vaccines have had this level of scrutiny before.

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

Having worked in Mississauga at least, I don't know what's in the water in that city, but so many people are entitled, obnoxious, stupid, rude little shits.