~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Or living with someone who decides to take Prozac when she feels like she "needs" it and stops when she feels "better".

As someone on Pristiq I have seen people talk about that and I don't get it. I get sick if I don't take my Pristiq. I lose like 1-2 days if I miss a pill. Atleast in my case I have had depression all my life so I look at my pristiq as the equivalent of having high blood pressure and needing to take meds for it. 

Just the withdrawal sympthoms alone turn me off from trying to get off. Plus while life sucks it is alot better with Pristiq. I don't wsnt to go back to my life before it. I wish I had this in HS probably have like 10 PhDs by now.

Edit: Forgot to mention these things take awhile to work. Like 3-4 weeks taking it like tylenol for a headache wouldn't work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/mask-test-duke-covid/2020/08/10/4f2bb888-db18-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html%3foutputType=amp

“These neck gaiters are extremely common in a lot of places because they’re very convenient to wear,” he said. “But the exact reason why they’re so convenient, which is that they don’t restrict air, is the reason why they’re not doing much of a job helping people.”

A number of prominent activewear companies make neck gaiters, and they are generally not designed for medical use. In April, for example, Buff, a company known for multifunctional head and neckwear, issued a public statement emphasizing that its products are not scientifically proven by the CDC and the World Health Organization to be a useful form of protection during the pandemic.

“Buff performance head and neckwear are not intended to be used as medical-grade face masks or as a replacement for N95 respirators as effective measures to prevent disease, illness, or the spread of viruses,” the statement said.

Hey guys, this Florida Sheriff sucks monkey balls:

This isn't all sheriffs, thankfully. Early this summer, the Osceola County Sheriff won a battle with the DeSantis administration over coronavirus data.

For four months, Mike Chitwood, the sheriff of Volusia County, a stretch of central Florida coastline that includes Daytona Beach and other popular destinations, has tried to compensate for the state’s shortfalls in data reporting by using his social media accounts to inform people where new infections were being reported. But that ended earlier this week, when Florida’s health officials informed Chitwood’s office that they would no longer provide him or any other county-level officials with the data that made such reporting possible.

“Sorry to inform you tonight that our covid-19 data updates for Volusia County are over,” Chitwood wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening, explaining that the state’s Department of Health would no longer be providing him with address-specific information that he was then using to determine how the virus was spreading across the county.

On Thursday morning, as Florida reported a record-breaking 120 new coronavirus deaths overnight, Chitwood told Yahoo News that the state had agreed to resume providing the data.

“I vehemently disagree with hiding the numbers,” Chitwood said in a phone interview. He says he remains a supporter of Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, but believes that political retribution did play a part in the sudden decision to stop providing him with data. The state offered no explanation of why it decided to provide the data after all. 

23 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Hey y'all, more reasons why I never liked DeSantis.

Somebody in the comments transcribed it:

" whua a wheggna I dogeh hrr dyregna hin colmuh"

It works.

how the hell did that guy respond to that

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

We are really fucking stupid in Georgia. I'm glad my son's school is online for at least the 1st 9 weeks. They are reevaluating after that.

My stepmother is in the same boat that I am. She is a teacher in Texas. My dad has copd, so she has moved in with my siblings in order to protect him. He's now completely isolated. This entire situation is completely fucked because we are so damned stupid. 

"Yankees, go home!" - Tension at Canada-US border

People with American licence plates have reported being harassed and having their vehicles vandalised, even if they have every right to be on the Canadian side.

Mr Saunders, an immigration lawyer who has many clients who cross the border regularly in order to work, says many people are afraid.

"They're all scared of driving their cars in the lower mainland because of vandalism, dirty looks and just getting treated as some 'horrible American'," he told the BBC.

One of his clients, an architect who was allowed to practise in Canada during the shutdown, says he was told to "go back home" because of his car.

:dab:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I feel for the guy but it's also worth self reflecting as to why this is happening in the first place. Due to other americans exploiting a loophole so they could go on a tourist/shopping trip or go camp in one of the parks. There were even a few cases directly linked to people coming through the border over the alaska exploit.

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

While the anti-American pandemic sentiment is valid (as far as wanting to keep random Americans out right now), the actual behaviour displayed towards the individual people is totally unacceptable.

I agree. I don't think the behavior is acceptable but I also recognize how we got here in the first place due to others selfishness that caused the problem in the first place. It's actually a pretty sizable issue in BC.

-edit-

I should mention the people I feel bad for the most were truckers who were treated like they had the plague early on. Places weren't even letting them use restrooms or serving them food early on (I think the provinces stepped in to solve a lot of this).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/us-reports-highest-number-of-covid-19-deaths-in-one-day-since-mid-may/2020/08/12/4cafe146-dcae-11ea-8051-d5f887d73381_story.html

"On Wednesday, the country reported its highest number of deaths in a single day since mid-May, at nearly 1,500. The country has now seen its seven-day average of newly reported deaths remain above 1,000 for 17 consecutive days.

Georgia reported 105 deaths Wednesday, marking its second triple-digit day in a row. North Carolina reported an additional 45 deaths Wednesday, tying its highest daily number, from July 29. Texas reported 324 additional deaths from the disease."

Usa Politics GIF by Adult Swim