~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm sure we'll have Dinesh D'Souza make the case in the next few hours on why Trump was right that the pandemic ended WWII

"What he really meant--and this is really brilliant--is that demographic changes brought about by the flu made Germany's victory impossible. Any historian would agree."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm sure we'll have Dinesh D'Souza make the case in the next few hours on why Trump was right that the pandemic ended WWII

To be fair, he probably just meant World War I.  And while the 1917 pandemic didn’t end the war, it definitely disrupted the operations of the major players.  I mean,  like 3/4 of the French and half of the British troops were infected.

But this is Trump so...who knows?  Maybe he does think WWII happened sometime around 1917...

21 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

To be fair, he probably just meant World War I.  And while the 1917 pandemic didn’t end the war, it definitely disrupted the operations of the major players.  I mean,  like 3/4 of the French and half of the British troops were infected.

But this is Trump so...who knows?  Maybe he does think WWII happened sometime around 1917...

There was no 1917 pandemic.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, New Zealand brought back rugby in June and didn't have a case until now. I think it shows that with a good national response, we potentially could have had sports return with fewer concerns.

It's the same attitude of only taking half the antibiotics you're prescribed. Just do the whole goddamned course and then you can recover.

34 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's the same attitude of only taking half the antibiotics you're prescribed. Just do the whole goddamned course and then you can recover.

But I feel better

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can someone tell this to my fucking kid?

After a lot of fighting she took one dose of her antibiotics. Instead of continuing taking the bubblegum kids antibiotics, she refuses them all. We tell the pediatrician and we bring her in, and threaten her with having to give her a shot of penicillin. She fights the bubblegum antibiotics still, screaming and crying and causing a big fuss. She says she wants the shot. So they get it ready, and give it to her. No fuss, no crying, nothing. She'd rather go to the Dr and literally get a shot than take some medicine at home, same for allergy meds or Tylenol.

For the record, this incident happened in March/April when all the covid stuff was just starting to flare up and we were in the moving process so you can imagine how stressful it was with a sick child, who thankfully only had strep. 

Kids can really suck.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Can someone tell this to my fucking kid?

After a lot of fighting she took one dose of her antibiotics. Instead of continuing taking the bubblegum kids antibiotics, she refuses them all. We tell the pediatrician and we bring her in, and threaten her with having to give her a shot of penicillin. She fights the bubblegum antibiotics still, screaming and crying and causing a big fuss. She says she wants the shot. So they get it ready, and give it to her. No fuss, no crying, nothing. She'd rather go to the Dr and literally get a shot than take some medicine at home, same for allergy meds or Tylenol.

For the record, this incident happened in March/April when all the covid stuff was just starting to flare up and we were in the moving process so you can imagine how stressful it was with a sick child, who thankfully only had strep. 

Kids can really suck.

Have you tried telling her how she will miss the bubblegum antibiotic in the future as an adult.

I am surprised it tasted so good tbh. I'd that have that then the pills I take as an adult.

6 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Have you tried telling her how she will miss the bubblegum antibiotic in the future as an adult.

I am surprised it tasted so good tbh. I'd that have that then the pills I take as an adult.

Oh yeah we've tried everything, bribing with sweets, tv, forcing it, giving her full control of it, etc. Nothing worked.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like a cool kid, not even afraid of needles.

She's stubborn as hell, and has a lot of, uh, leadership qualities.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Oh yeah we've tried everything, bribing with sweets, tv, forcing it, giving her full control of it, etc. Nothing worked.

Show her Fire in the Sky and tell her if she doesn't switch to bubblegum pills they will eventually have to inject her medicine through the eyeball.

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Show her Fire in the Sky and tell her if she doesn't switch to bubblegum pills they will eventually have to inject her medicine through the eyeball.

As somebody currently on a course of monthly eyeball injections...this is terrorism

My son is the same way. It's so funny what causes anxiety and what doesn't. He could get 100 shots in a row without skipping a beat... but 2 tablespoons of grape antibiotics is a 3 hour standoff involving gagging and vomiting and crying.

Or rather it was a few years ago, its been a while... would probably go better these days...