~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

So one of the few Republican governors to attempt to take the virus seriously has tested positive, while Trump, Kemp, and DeSantis remain fine.

It's a very telling indicator of a failed state that even relatively decent political actors, who was initially making relatively decent policy towards the virus, contracts the virus.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

So one of the few Republican governors to attempt to take the virus seriously has tested positive, while Trump, Kemp, and DeSantis remain fine.

He started taking it seriously, then he opened up too early and took months to issue a toothless mask mandate

Ontario, population 14.5 million, has recorded less than 100 new cases per day for the last four days.

Good look into what Ontario has done correctly. Most of the province is in Phase 3 of opening, with most places open (with distancing and masks, etc).

Ford is a fuckface, but he did two things correctly: Work directly with the federal Liberals (who have managed the situation competently), and he took the advice of public health experts. Basically, as a leader he got out of the way and let the experts make decisions, and completely ignored politics (even going as far as working alongside Trudeau, a political rival).

The county is now requiring us to enforce mask wearing even when outside despite no such requirement in the state and county mask order.

We already had one instance where we had to call the police to give a criminal trespass warning...and it was our first day under these new restrictions.

People are the worst and the government is putting me and my staff at risk of violent reactions because they are threatening the business with fines and closures if we don’t enforce this stuff. I’ve told the kids to immediately radio me if they have any resistance by a customer. Don’t want any of my team getting harmed by these jackasses.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:17 PM, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah. This is also why it would be "bad" if hydroxychloroquiine happened to work after Trump pimped it.

People still believe it works.  

I've seen them as so much as argue, "Well even it saves just 1 person it's worth trying!  We have to try!  And it's cheap so that means no one is trying to get rich off it!!!!"

Meanwhile... most of those people argue against wearing a mask.

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

People still believe it works.  

I've seen them as so much as argue, "Well even it saves just 1 person it's worth trying!  We have to try!  And it's cheap so that means no one is trying to get rich off it!!!!"

Meanwhile... most of those people argue against wearing a mask.

The amount of misinformation regarding hydroxychloroquin I see shared on a daily basis is frightening, tbh. 

7-year old boy in George dies of COVID-19. No pre-existing conditions.

"Every COVID-19 death we report is tragic, but to lose someone so young is especially heart-breaking," Dr. Lawton Davis, the Health Director for the Coastal Health District, said in a statement.

"We know that older individuals and those with underlying conditions are at higher risk of complications, but this is a disease everyone should take seriously," Davis said.

The boy's death isn't the first among children in the US. In Florida alone, at least seven minors have died from Covid-19. Last month, a 9-year-old girl who had no underlying medical conditions was the youngest to die in the state.

Model predicts 300,000 dead in US by December.

According to Johns Hopkins University, 159,433 people have died in the United States since the pandemic began.

"The US forecast totals 295,011 deaths by December," the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation statement says.

The model doesn't have to come true, said IHME Director Dr. Christopher Murray: "The public's behavior had a direct correlation to the transmission of the virus and, in turn, the numbers of deaths."

The statement said that if 95% of the people in the US wear face coverings, the number would decrease to 228,271 deaths, and a total of more than 66,000 lives.

The model comes the same day the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released an ensemble forecast that projects 181,031 deaths by August 29.

"Only you can prevent forest fires."

"Fuck you, bear, I have the right to light my cigarettes with propane in dry season, just like George Washington wanted!"

57 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh, also, 250,000 bikers from across the country are gathering in Sturgess, SD today to get drunk and party. So expect that to be a super-spreader event.

at least most of them will have a bandana to cover their face with. Although the gentleman that trained me on projection some 20 years ago was a biker at heart and attending this type of event. He said they did all sorts of weird shit around he and his wife. Simple sex to Orgy like events, and some were in the middle of the road. He had a blast but said it was weird beyond belief at times