~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

20 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

He just needs a few Republicans to go along with the Democratic caucus. I fully expect a second stimulus.

And hopefully this means bigger checks for Americans since even Kamala Harris is aiming high.

I really hope they pass something, otherwise a large number of people are going to be homeless and struggling.

Also, from a selfish standpoint, I want a second stimulus check. :p

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I really hope they pass something, otherwise a large number of people are going to be homeless and struggling.

Also, from a selfish standpoint, I want a second stimulus check. :p

Yeah, I don't really need another stimulus check, since I'm lucky enough to have a steady job and minimal expenses, but that first one cleared up my lingering debts, and another one could give my savings account a boost.

55 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yo, this seems significant.

Could be the best scenario for getting a good bill.

McConnell just got Boehner'd/Ryan'd like what used to happen with the Freedumb Caucus. 

I am torn between getting a bill done, or holding out for a really good bill. Hopefully Dems realize just how strong their bargaining position is right now.

The Big 10 just put out it's 10 game all-conference-only schedule, acting like we're actually going to have a season. (And OSU Michigan isn't the last game of the season?!? WTF)

Rutgers and Illinois have already had outbreaks among the players and staff, and Colorado State allegedly has threatened retaliation against players who quarantine themselves, even if showing symptoms.

This season won't happen, and if it does start, I only see it ending early.

No college athlete is going to play college if they were smart. They'd be better off going to play in the CFL, get paid, and play in a country that has a much better handle on pandemic.

This virus may possibly ruin NFL careers for these kids even if they're at no risk of death.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

No college athlete is going to play college if they were smart. They'd be better off going to play in the CFL, get paid, and play in a country that has a much better handle on pandemic.

This virus may possibly ruin NFL careers for these kids even if they're at no risk of death.

you’re a lot more optimistic than i am. forget the 2020 season. i don’t think i’d be willing to make an even money bet that the CFL will put on another season ever again (at least not without being down multiple franchises). 

1 hour ago, SilentWorld said:

you’re a lot more optimistic than i am. forget the 2020 season. i don’t think i’d be willing to make an even money bet that the CFL will put on another season ever again (at least not without being down multiple franchises). 

poor bastards are going to try the bubble method and play all their games in *checks notes* Winnipeg

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

poor bastards are going to try the bubble method and play all their games in *checks notes* Winnipeg

from what i understand they’ll only do that if the feds give them a loan which the government doesn’t seem to want to do. so it’s unlikely we’ll have a season this year at all. 

27 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

What did he do wrong?

He violated that student code of conduct that the school gave. If you look down the replies there is a post that have audio of the morning announcements threatening "gently reminding" the students that if they post anything negative about the school or district they would be punished. 

Basically they punished the student for posting the truth. 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Football players? Smart? :lol:

You're not giving them enough credit. A lot of these kids know they're getting screwed, but they also know it's likely their best shot at success.

The calculus here doesn't make sense for players. If you catch COVID-19 you might be fine, but you may also develop heart and lung issues that will kill any future athletic career. The kids that so play well likely be lied to and have been told that the risk is minimal. The issue there is that I'm not sure if the schools here would liable for lying to their athletes if they bring up such concerns.

How much would I be willing to bet that, though the relationship between player and school isn't supposed to be a employee and employer relationship, Republicans will want to include college athletes in their blanket coverage for COVID lawsuit immunity.