Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That comic reminded me of an exchange I had with another person in a FB group a few nights ago. She told me that reptiles weren't animals. And I'm 99% sure she was serious, judging from her angry reactions at me. Including when I explained biological taxonomy to her.

 

It started because she was angry over people posting snake photos in a backroads group. She said animals were allowed, but not "poisonous reptiles."

 

Sorry, just a little tangent. :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That comic reminded me of an exchange I had with another person in a FB group a few nights ago. She told me that reptiles weren't animals. And I'm 99% sure she was serious, judging from her angry reactions at me. Including when I explained biological taxonomy to her.

 

It started because she was angry over people posting snake photos in a backroads group. She said animals were allowed, but not "poisonous reptiles."

 

Sorry, just a little tangent. :p

How soon until Trump appoints her to a cabinet position?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

 

I feel like that video caused me physical pain I cringed so hard.

The entire interview was top notch. Chuck Todd could learn a thing or two on pressing a question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could just be that Sweden has a lower population density, but considering how horrific the economic effects of the shutdown/reopen process have been, it does make you think...

 

Yes, Sweden has more deaths than the other Nordics, but at this point it’s a fair question whether it’d be worth trading a higher short-run death count if you could have, by now, a declining death rate AND have avoided turning people’s lives upside down by shutting down the economy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Could just be that Sweden has a lower population density, but considering how horrific the economic effects of the shutdown/reopen process have been, it does make you think...

 

Yes, Sweden has more deaths than the other Nordics, but at this point it’s a fair question whether it’d be worth trading a higher short-run death count if you could have, by now, a declining death rate AND have avoided turning people’s lives upside down by shutting down the economy.

 

What are Sweden's GDP and unemployment numbers compared to the other Nordic countries? Has their experiment helped their economy?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a prayer emoji: 

Cneldip.png

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the great people at AirBnB. Because of them, I have learned that it is 100% safe to travel now, and that I am only entitled to a 1.2% refund of my deposit. If I contract COVID-19 myself then I can get a full refund, but I would have to provide them with the test results, which is illegal in Canada. But I'm sure they know best.

  • Guillotine 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Could just be that Sweden has a lower population density, but considering how horrific the economic effects of the shutdown/reopen process have been, it does make you think...

 

Yes, Sweden has more deaths than the other Nordics, but at this point it’s a fair question whether it’d be worth trading a higher short-run death count if you could have, by now, a declining death rate AND have avoided turning people’s lives upside down by shutting down the economy.

 

AdmiralBulldog seems to be doing fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Joe said:

 

What are Sweden's GDP and unemployment numbers compared to the other Nordic countries? Has their experiment helped their economy?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-19/sweden-in-very-deep-economic-crisis-despite-soft-lockdown

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-25/denmark-s-funding-need-more-than-triples-to-pay-for-covid-crisis

Sweden appears to suffer from the specifics of it's export heavy economy when compared to say, Denmark. So while they didn't shut down, they're still contracting. That said, people calling for a "swedish model" for economic growth the data just isn't there yet.

 

That said, you can tell this is a bad strategy by this:

Quote

Tegnell’s theory is widely accepted by Swedes and has won some support from the World Health Organization. 

Not who you want in your corner at this juncture tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, finaljedi said:

 

I feel like that video caused me physical pain I cringed so hard.

 

It's unbelievably hard to watch.

 

Mainly because it hurts me deep down in my soul to know that 63 million people were stupid enough to vote for this man. It makes me question everything I know about the universe. It just doesn't seem plausible in any way. Like, how... how is that even possible? Who can listen to ANYTHING this man says, about literally anything ever and think, yes, yes, this is the man to lead the most powerful country in the world. This is our guy.

 

This stammering simple idiot, this is our guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

What am I, some phone pleb? I browse D1P on my laptop at work!

 

Are you using windows?

 

Press windows key and period

  • Shocked 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Are you using windows?

 

Press windows key and period

 

I tried that and it says to keep typing to search emojis but then nothing happens. :(

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

For the good of Florida...

 

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

We need a prayer emoji: 

Cneldip.png

 

Forget a prayer emoji, we need this:

 

giphy.gif

 

It's what I think every time someone close to one of these chuds is diagnosed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So after this interview, does anyone still want to assert that he doesn't actually believe we'd have fewer cases if we'd just cut back on testing? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Could just be that Sweden has a lower population density, but considering how horrific the economic effects of the shutdown/reopen process have been, it does make you think...

 

Yes, Sweden has more deaths than the other Nordics, but at this point it’s a fair question whether it’d be worth trading a higher short-run death count if you could have, by now, a declining death rate AND have avoided turning people’s lives upside down by shutting down the economy.

Doesn't Sweden have better healthcare than those countries?  Our healthcare system which is straining now would have absolutely been BROKEN if we had not shut down. I don't know where you are, but it's very sobering when you see dead bodies being piled up in emergeny room hallways and on freezer trucks... or seeing mass graves in NYC. 

 

5 hours ago, ort said:

 

It's unbelievably hard to watch.

 

Mainly because it hurts me deep down in my soul to know that 63 million people were stupid enough to vote for this man. It makes me question everything I know about the universe. It just doesn't seem plausible in any way. Like, how... how is that even possible? Who can listen to ANYTHING this man says, about literally anything ever and think, yes, yes, this is the man to lead the most powerful country in the world. This is our guy.

 

This stammering simple idiot, this is our guy.

RACISM. There's your answer. Once you guys accept how racist this country is at its core a LOT of stuff will make more sense to you. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

They're never going to pass a second stimulus at this rate, are they?

 

He just needs a few Republicans to go along with the Democratic caucus. I fully expect a second stimulus.

 

And hopefully this means bigger checks for Americans since even Kamala Harris is aiming high.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...