~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I haven't been keeping up with Covid news lately. Is there any talk of a nationwide shutdown happening in the future?  Right now everything is all about kids and schools trying to start up. But with flu season usually starting in October, then you have holidays with people traveling and shopping..... we pretty much HAVE to be shut down again right? 

A national shutdown should have happened months ago. Don’t expect any good news about anything until Trump is gone.

34 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Oooo Matty Matheson GIF by Dead Set on Life

It's a good read, thanks for the link. None of that says density isn't a factor, though, even though I really know you want it to. It just says that crowding is a more important factor than density.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

I don't think there has been a single case of the virus linked to the subway in Seoul.

Interesting... I wonder what their secret was because that definitely wasn't the case in NY

Train operators and conductors have recorded the highest number of COVID-19 infections among subway workers, according to internal documents obtained by THE CITY.

Of the 1,937 employees in New York City Transit’s Department of Subways who had reported testing positive for coronavirus as of May 28, 285 are train operators and 178 are conductors, the latest records show. “It’s the environment we work in, with so many people on trains,” said conductor William Mora, who tested positive in April. “We were basically working in an incubator.”

Well, during this pandemic Korea is definitely doing some things that Americans wouldn't put up with. For example, if you want to go to a bar, gym, or buffet for example you have to download an app that's linked to your national ID, then when you go to a place scan a QR code. That way they have your name, ID number, and contact info so they can trace any outbreak. My wife and I were at a mall food court last week. We watched a group go into a buffet. Must have taken 25 minutes for the group of 10 to get in. Each one had to scan the code, then stand in front of a thermal camera that recorded their temperature. Suckers. That buffet sucks, and the food court doesn't have those restrictions. :p

4 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Well, during this pandemic Korea is definitely doing some things that Americans wouldn't put up with. For example, if you want to go to a bar, gym, or buffet for example you have to download an app that's linked to your national ID, then when you go to a place scan a QR code. That way they have your name, ID number, and contact info so they can trace any outbreak. My wife and I were at a mall food court last week. We watched a group go into a buffet. Must have taken 25 minutes for the group of 10 to get in. Each one had to scan the code, then stand in front of a thermal camera that recorded their temperature. Suckers. That buffet sucks, and the food court doesn't have those restrictions. :p

Yeah, no way Americans would accept that.  They're already convinced that just wearing a mask is the first step towards 1984.

8 hours ago, Joe said:

It's a good read, thanks for the link. None of that says density isn't a factor, though, even though I really know you want it to. It just says that crowding is a more important factor than density.

Density is a factor!

There is even some evidence that dense metropolitan counties, while suffering higher raw numbers of infection, have a lower death rate because it is easier to get to a hospital.

:dab:

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Yeah, no way Americans would accept that.  They're already convinced that just wearing a mask is the first step towards 1984.

Not 1984, but Nazi Germany. Wearing a mask is just like forcing Jews to wear the star of David on their arm. Next thing is camps for mandatory vaccines (something we got Nazis for in Nuremberg allegedly) 

On 8/2/2020 at 3:07 AM, SimpleG said:

What do you all do while wearing a mask and you have to sneeze? I sneezed into a mask once and was a little wet for comfort. Now I quickly pull the mask to the side, pull my shirt up over my mouth and nose sneezing into my chest lol. Is this acceptable? 

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

What do you all do while wearing a mask and you have to sneeze? I sneezed into a mask once and was a little wet for comfort. Now I quickly pull the mask to the side, pull my shirt up over my mouth and nose sneezing into my chest lol. Is this acceptable? 

You 100% have to sneeze into the mask, or you've defeated the purpose of the mask. It's gross, but that's life atm.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dumb question I know, but why us Dr. Birx in trouble now? Because was honest?

She's not in trouble, Pelosi made a comment about how she doesn't trust her because she downplays how bad things are, basically she tried to cover for her boss while not outright lying. 

Edit:I guess she said the virus was widespread and set the moron off, lol. But she has been extremely cautious with her wording till now, maybe the Pelosi thing kinda got to her. 

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Not 1984, but Nazi Germany. Wearing a mask is just like forcing Jews to wear the star of David on their arm. Next thing is camps for mandatory vaccines (something we got Nazis for in Nuremberg allegedly) 

That last part is new to me. Guess the more you know.

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

That last part is new to me. Guess the more you know.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctors'_trial

I don't know the full context of the Nuremberg codes that resulted from these trials, so no doubt these "covid truthers" are taking something out of context or letting their imaginations run wild