~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I know Never-Trump Republicans are hoping that the party will go back to "normal" after Trump, but that ain't gonna happen. This is the reality: the entire party is rotten from head to toe. It's nothing but shit all the way down.

If they want it to go to normal they are going to have to form the GOOP.

Murder them:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kushner-covid-19-plan-maybe-axed-for-political-reasons-report-2020-7

The logic, according to a source who spoke to Vanity Fair, was the the virus would hit Democrat-voting areas hardest, and the damage could be blamed on local governors instead.

They performed a direct calculus on saving lives or letting it kill people so they could do damage to Democratic governors, and chose the latter.

• Guillotine 6

8 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We need a truth and reconciliation commission and criminal prosecutions at absolute minimum for this administration. Their deliberate actions have lead to tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Make Harris AG, and tell her they’re all carrying weed.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

A good example of not relying solely on a single negative test since it's just a snapshot in time.

Yep.  I'm cleared to return to work on Monday after 2 weeks of quarantine and a test that was performed nearly 2 weeks ago.  Although I've been very strict about isolation, I know others haven't. 

11 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We need a truth and reconciliation commission and criminal prosecutions at absolute minimum for this administration. Their deliberate actions have lead to tens hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

ftfy

From the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm) as of today: "Total predicted number of excess deaths since 2/1/2020 across the United States: 148,482 - 202,836" and the ride ain't over.

Doesn't sound at all familiar does it?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/31/897615411/houston-hospital-struggles-to-manage-surge-of-covid-19-cases

"I signed more death certificates last week than in my entire life almost all put together," Varon tells NPR's Steve Inskeep on Morning Edition.

For the last four months, Varon has been waking up at dawn every day and heading to the hospital, where he spends between six and 12 hours on rounds before seeing new admissions. When he gets home, he sleeps at most two hours a night. "I try to go to sleep, but people call me nonstop," he says.

Varon manages a large team of people who are both exhausted and afraid.

"I have over 300 doctors in the staff at our hospital and only three or four of us go into the COVID unit," Varon says. "And I am there most of the time. People are afraid of going into COVID units, and I cannot force them to go in. That's one thing that I cannot do because there is an intrinsic risk of working in a COVID unit."

13 hours ago, emalider said:

ftfy

From the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm) as of today: "Total predicted number of excess deaths since 2/1/2020 across the United States: 148,482 - 202,836" and the ride ain't over.

There is no convincing me that we would not have at least tens of thousands of deaths because of political and cultural partisanship (by conservatives mind you)

You think these people would wear a mask or socially distance if an alternative history president Hillary Clinton told them to and led by example?

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There is no convincing me that we would not have at least tens of thousands of deaths because of political and cultural partisanship (by conservatives mind you)

You think these people would wear a mask or socially distance if an alternative history president Hillary Clinton told them to and led by example?

I honestly think it wouldn’t be as bad because Hillary wouldn’t have disbanded the pandemic response team. We’d be in a H1N1 scenario.

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I honestly think it wouldn’t be as bad because Hillary wouldn’t have disbanded the pandemic response team. We’d be in a H1N1 scenario.

Yeah the Federal response to this would have been entirely different... in that we would have had a coherent one. Trump downplayed and ignored the threat of the virus at a crucial time when we could have gotten control of it back in February. Fuck him.

13 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah the Federal response to this would have been entirely different... in that we would have had a coherent one. Trump downplayed and ignored the threat of the virus at a crucial time when we could have gotten control of it back in February. Fuck him.

I dont disagree that we would be in a better position then we are now it would still be a dumpster fire tier of a mess. State and City entities have entirely to much control over how the situation is handled resulting in a hodgepodge of dumb fuckery. 

21 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It would have been a far better response, but way past H1N1 either way.

Just having airport screenings in line with what the rest of the world was doing at the beginning would've helped immensely. People were talking about having connecting flights in Europe where they got fever checks and were asked a bunch of questions about exactly where they'd been, and then once they got to the US they just stepped right off the plane and went right through customs.

People know how bad Covid is and still go out and do whatever. My sister in law is a nurse at a hospital in Houston that had a large Covid patient load. Yesterday she had a party at her house with 20+ people. HRC as president doesn’t fix that flippancy.