~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

can you stay home from work and self quarantine for a couple of days until you see a doctor?

Yes, they told me to work from home until I can get tested. But until then, because my job involves a lot telecalls, I don’t have the energy or lung capacity to do that all day.

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

So I started noticing a shortness of breath and a few other symptoms on Tuesday evening. I called out sick to work yesterday and today the breathing is worse. Even walking to the bathroom and back is difficult. Testing here in Florida is still abysmally low so I wasn’t able to get an appointment till Tuesday.

:cry: That sucks man. I hope you can get tested soon. 

• Thanks 1

Michigan closed down bars again yesterday. It needed to happen. I tried to stop by my regular spot Saturday but Grandpa Simpson'd my way out of it because there were more people there  than I've ever seen before. From what I understand that was pretty common at least in the Detroit, Lansing, and Grand Rapids areas.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are they SURE this is happening? Because this sounds suspiciously like that rainbow party myth from a few years back.

The parties are being held in Tuscaloosa, and infected people are urged to attend so others can intentionally contract the virus, City Council member Sonya McKinstry told CNN. She said she heard about the trend from fire officials.

"We thought that was kind of a rumors at first. We did some research, not only do the doctors' offices confirm it, but the state confirmed they also had the same information," she said.

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Seems bad

Amerika, 2022

A uniformed United States PharmaCorp man approaches tin shack in mid-western autonomous zone and knocks on the door.

"Hello, ma'am," he says. "I regret to inform you that your husband has the COVID."

The woman sobs, falling to her knees. "He died three months ago, why do I even care, now?"

"That will be $500 for the delivery notification."

The woman, through her tears, answers, "God bless America."