~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

An interviewer in WWE is claiming to have contracted COVID twice. Once in March and again this past week. So... can you get it twice? Was anything official ever brought to light regarding immunity?

WWE REALLY fucked up. 

I hope their complete disregard for their performers gets outed.

15 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

WWE REALLY fucked up. 

I hope their complete disregard for their performers gets outed.

They weren’t even doing regular COVID testing, just temperature checks at the door. Horrible.

I’m really concerned about the person allegedly having it twice, though (in regards to a vaccine not being possible).

1 minute ago, johnny said:

Oh how the turn tables 

On 6/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, osxmatt said:

I've mentioned this on more than one occasion, but I hate-watch Fox News primetime lineup most evenings. At the very least Hannity, but I sometimes catch the end of Tucker and the beginning of Laura Ingraham.

Since the pandemic began, at least since late March and early April when things got really bad, Hannity would have Ron DeSantis on the program most nights, and just fawn over what a great job Florida had done. "You have such a high concentration of elderly people, how did you manage to beat the pandemic?" This is at the same time (of course) that he's stoking the culture war of poorly run "Democrat" cities and states that were experiencing huge outbreaks.

But over the past 7-10 days with COVID outbreaks in Florida, Arizona, and other similar "Republican" cities and states, Hannity hasn't even talked about the pandemic. I think Media Matters did a transcript search and found during the time, coronavirus had only been talked about a collective 38 minutes, across the entire primetime lineup. If you watch Fox News just to watch it, and absorb each program nightly at face value, you probably can't see the disconnect. But it's jarring.

tl;dr Fox News is bullshit.

45 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

An interviewer in WWE is claiming to have contracted COVID twice. Once in March and again this past week. So... can you get it twice? Was anything official ever brought to light regarding immunity?

To my knowledge, there still haven't been any confirmed cases of re-infections. When they thought people were maybe being re-infected in Korea it turned out to be people who were "shedding" the virus for a really long period of time and getting false negatives on tests before getting positives on a re-tests. I'm guessing the same thing is happening here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

To my knowledge, there still haven't been any confirmed cases of re-infections. When they thought people were maybe being re-infected in Korea it turned out to be people who were "shedding" the virus for a really long period of time and getting false negatives on tests before getting positives on a re-tests. I'm guessing the same thing is happening here.

Yep. Also Fauci is optimistic about a vaccine so I'll trust him here.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Also fucking this Jesus Christ how do people not get that there is general trust in state government so if they say something is ok, they're gonna go with it

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

So far about 5% of my customers tonight have had masks on.

Here our Safeway had an issue with a customer entering without a mask and our deputies had to show up to block entrance. The guy and his wife ended up parading their kids outside waving American flags while shouting "I thought this was a free country." Their kids are to young to understand what is going on, but they will wave the shit out of a flag anytime. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jason said:

A lot of this shit reminds me of predatory lending, where there were a ton of, “how did these morons not know they couldn’t afforD their loans,” completely absolving the industry from their own behavior. When there are a lot of takes about how the virus isn’t that bad, or that the issues are overstated, I can’t pass all the blame to people going out to businesses that have opened up, it’s rational to think that states / businesses wouldn’t have opened up if doing that was unsafe.

8 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

I remember seeing that a bit ago, but wasn’t that typically in the 4-6 week range? This would be about 3.5 months after the first infection, which is why I found it alarming. TBF, the person in question is a moron and decided after recovering the first time that they were “invincible” (their words) and stopped practicing any/all social distancing or basically any COVID measures at all (there’s a shitstorm on Twitter/Instagram over it and the person had to disable their accounts)

18 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I heard someone else say they contracted it twice as well. It seems that whatever immunity that is granted from being infected, doesn't last long. The immune response seems to be closer to a cold than the chickenpox. Also there's the "Long Haulers"... people who's Covid infections last longer than 14 days. Some reporting to have been sick for 45 up to 45 days :o