~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

9 hours ago, Jason said:

My girlfriend really wants to go to a socially distanced hangout in a park tomorrow and I'm not convinced it's a good idea. I know outside is a lot safer but you have a lot of people ignoring the order to wear masks while outside and my experience so far is that you plop yourself down on some grass while the area is empty and next thing you know you're getting swarmed by people who pass by too close, sit down too close to you, etc. And again, many of them not wearing masks. So it doesn't really matter how responsible your group is being because plenty of other groups just don't give a shit.

And I'm especially concerned that this weekend is going to be particularly bad because it's the first long weekend since the lockdown started and the weather is nice, so I can see a lot of people saying fuck it with being careful this weekend.

Oh for fuck's sake. She told me earlier that she was going over to her sister's place to have dinner with her, her husband, her brother, and her brother's roommate. She lives alone, so three separate households. She told me they were going to eat outside...and now she just called me that they went into her sister's apartment for two hours.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh for fuck's sake. She told me earlier that she was going over to her sister's place to have dinner with her, her husband, her brother, and her brother's roommate. She lives alone, so three separate households. She told me they were going to eat outside...and now she just called me that they went into her sister's apartment for two hours.

You gotta social distance her forever now. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Apparently they may have included a murder victim as the 6th name on the list, so the COVID numbers are fake crowd is gonna whip itself into a frenzy tonight

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Where are you seeing that? I just did a quick search.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

I dunno, I saw it in a reply chain. It might not even be true, but if it's out there it's basically truth to one-half of the internet by now.

https://khak.com/body-found-in-vehicle-near-i-380-cedar-rapids/

The Cedar Rapids Police Department says a man found in a vehicle along I-380 last week was murdered.

According to a media release, an autopsy on 27-year-old Jordan Haynes ruled his death was a homicide. No other information has been released as there is an active investigation in the case.

[UPDATE 3/13 5 pm] The Cedar Rapids Police Department says the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the person found in a vehicle Thursday morning as 27-year-old Jordan D. Haynes. The circumstances of the incident involved are still under investigation.

https://www.newsbreak.com/iowa/cedar-rapids/news/0OW38yhY/jordan-driver-haynes

Jordan Driver Haynes, 27, of Cedar Rapids, died on Thursday, March 12, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, private family services will be held at Stewart Baxter Funeral & Memorial Services in Cedar Rapids. Burial: Linwood Cemetery in Cedar Rapids. A public celebration of life will be held at a later date.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

The gf’s a secret republican, bro. Only explanation. Sorry. #plandemic

Is having dinner with a few people really that much of a concern? I've been going to work regularly with 100+ people in the building so maybe my meter is off. 

My sister is immunosuppressed, hasn't really left the house in months, but is comfortable having me over for dinner and games once a week. 

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Is having dinner with a few people really that much of a concern? I've been going to work regularly with 100+ people in the building so maybe my meter is off. 

My sister is immunosuppressed, hasn't really left the house in months, but is comfortable having me over for dinner and games once a week. 

And didn't you just say a few pages ago people at your work started getting it?

Yeah, we've had multiple confirmed cases, and when we first got that news I made the call to not visit my sister that week. I was prepared to stay away longer, but she was cool with me coming over the following week, as long as I took basic precautions. 

On 5/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, johnny said:

Some of my friends took a road trip to Arizona. I didn’t go because I didn’t want to in the first place, but with the pandemic it’s even easier to say no. 

they’re posting pics at different places and practically nobody is wearing a mask besides people who work at these places. 

we’re supposed to be having a party June 6th (about 10 of us) and I don’t even really feel that comfortable going to it. Maybe I’m being crazy? 

These friends went to a club last night and they’re not even club going types. 

why do I have to have friends who are dumbasses 

Someone on reddit made the comparison to WWII. Imagine if the GOP had been Churchill's opposition during the Blitz.

"It's my RIGHT to keep my lights on at night. If I don't have that freedom then Hitler deserves to win!"

"I saw a Facebook post that everyone who hates Churchill and his tyranny should turn all their lights on tonight and give the finger to the German planes. That will show them, and is better than anything the scientists want!"