~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

A Karen shows up to a grocery store and claims to have a medical condition which makes it impossible to wear a mask, says they are violating her medical rights by now allowing her in.

The dancing clerk has the energy and mood I need right now.

Conservatives are ok with denying service to gay couples trying to get a cake but once that turns on them OMG MAH RAIGHTS!!1!!1

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

A Karen shows up to a grocery store and claims to have a medical condition which makes it impossible to wear a mask, says they are violating her medical rights by now allowing her in.

The dancing clerk has the energy and mood I need right now.

Going through the comments, it seems people did some digging on this lady... her medical condition? LUPUS. Firstly, she should thank the store for not letting her in without a mask. Secondly, lupus prevents you from being able to wear a mask? That’s a new one.

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Heads up, this article will make you wanna die.

Some choice quotes.

A middle-aged man calibrated his way into a Starbucks, deciding to stand mask-free before a 60-year-old barista nervous on her first day back at work. “Venti dark with cream and 12 sugars?” he breathed cheerfully,  then headed outside into a glorious spring day.

“Welcome in,” the clerk said through a mask as the woman, not in a mask, skipped the hand sanitizer at the front and wandered through the racks, touching a yellow sundress here, a striped sweater there, smelling the lavender candles and after a few minutes, walking outside.

“It’s a personal choice,” said her husband, mask-free in shorts and a polo. “If you want to stay home, stay home. If you want to go out, you can go out. I’m not in the older population. If I was to get it now, I’ve got a 90 percent chance of getting cured. Also, I don’t know anybody who’s got it.”

Meanwhile, outside Crate & Barrel, June Sheets, a retiree, was loading her trunk with a box of new acrylic plates and an outdoor planter for a luncheon she was hosting. "This is glorious — I think the news is blowing it all out of proportion. The wineries are opening this weekend for indoor service and we’re going there tomorrow. I can’t wait!”

• Guillotine 2

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

I really don’t remember any quarantines during Ebola.

Yeah I don't think there were. And a reminder that when Trump tweeted this, there were 11 cases and 2 deaths in the US.

There are currently 1.5 million cases and 91,000 deaths from COVID-19.

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I really don’t remember any quarantines during Ebola.

Individual people who'd been to Africa were placed under quarantine. There just wasn't a mass stay at home order since it was a lot less transmissible.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently now that Georgie is open, out-of-state visitors have spiked to 63,000 daily. So that's great. Idiots from one state are driving to another to go to bars, restaurants, etc.

We don't need a national strategy, states have it figured out.

Yet without exception, everyone I interviewed, including the most ardent Trump loyalists, made a similar point to Conway. Trump is deaf to advice, said one. He is his own worst enemy, said another. He only listens to family, said a third. He is mentally imbalanced, said a fourth. America, in other words, should brace itself for a turbulent six months ahead – with no assurance of a safe landing.

https://www.ft.com/content/97dc7de6-940b-11ea-abcd-371e24b679ed

An absolutely damning article on the timeline of what went wrong, and how basically it is majority trumps fault for how our country ended up this way.

I had a glorious run-in with a bro douche who refused to wear a mask at the bagel shop. This moron was clearly making a show of getting close to the employees, not wearing a mask, talking on his phone loudly and I asked him why he's not wearing a mask when he came in my radius. Dude told me it was none of my fucking business, store owner replies that it's his business and kicked him out. Basically the wimpy Sunday morning version of an 80's Action movie.

In my town's defense though, I will say this is the first male Karen I've seen in the wild.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

My flat-mate is upset at me for not being "angry" at the lockdown situation.  My response was "The more you try to get me to care, the less I do."

Me: "What do you want from me?"

Her: "To be as upset as I am."

Me: "Alright - I can try to fake it."

She leaves the room.

Sitcom material right there.