~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, SlipperySlope said:

Why would that even matter??? Why does it matter if Obama had or hadn't left a plan. This is year 4 of Trump's presidency. They're trying to distract again. 

It’s another “haha we got ‘em” that won’t change anyone’s mind. Donal not only failed to have a team create a plan, but he also failed to look at and implement one when all the work was already done making one. Further pointing to him being a shitty leader. But again, it won’t change anyone’s mind. You either already knew how shitty he is, or don’t care, because it owns the libs. 

Oh shit so the vaccine effort (headed up by Kushner?) is called Operation Warp Speed, because it will be so big and so fast in getting a vaccine ready.

I am going to put it out there: The first vaccine ready to be used will not originate in the US, it will be in Europe. Well, one might come from China first, but it won't be reviewed or tested to our standards.

16 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

There is NO WAY IN HELL that I'll put a "vaccine" that's been developed in less than 6 months into my system.

NO.

WAY.

IN.

HELL.

“What have you got to lose?”

16 hours ago, rc0101 said:

Positive cases in my state have been flat with 7 or less, with a lot of 0 cases per day over the past 30 days and we have now been open for 2 weeks. 

But what’s testing like? You can have low to no cases if there’s barely any testing being done, or accepted, like in the case of Florida only acknowledging test results from state run testing and not private health care facilities  

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Crisis actor

Wayching the bundesliga start. God I made it to this day. The return of some soccer. Empty stadiums and just about everyone is wearing masks. 

Edit: I see social distancing is on the touchline. Even the subs have a few seats space between them.

18 hours ago, ThreePi said:

Hmm, this company's stock exploded on this announcement. Surely there's nothing shady going on here.

they filled an 8k with the SEC pretty much stating they have a cure, if they don't they are fucked.

20 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

There is NO WAY IN HELL that I'll put a "vaccine" that's been developed in less than 6 months into my system.

NO.

WAY.

IN.

HELL.

Ill be first in line, I am hoping for some sweet side effects like

3c8e64958c8fc39697030940f654fb988cd0a4be

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

“What have you got to lose?”

But what’s testing like? You can have low to no cases if there’s barely any testing being done, or accepted, like in the case of Florida only acknowledging test results from state run testing and not private health care facilities  

Crisis actor

Testing continues to rise as well. I’ve known multiple people who have been tested, it’s pretty simple to get a test. 

Barber who worked for weeks despite stay at home order in NY tests positive for COVID 19

A barber working at a barbershop in a New York suburb that had been operating in defiance of the state's close order has tested positive for Covid-19, according to Ulster Country health officials.

Ulster County health officials are searching for anyone who may have had their haircut at the barbershop over the last three weeks, a statement from the county says. Kingston is located roughly 90 miles north of New York City.

"We are taking extraordinary measures to try and minimize the spread of this dangerous disease and learning that a barbershop has been operating illicitly for weeks with a COVID-19 positive employee is extraordinarily disheartening," said Dr. Carol Smith, the health commissioner for Ulster County, in a statement.

County health officials are recommending anyone who received a haircut at the shop on Broadway during the past three weeks to get tested for the coronavirus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/us/politics/betsy-devos-coronavirus-religious-schools.html?fbclid=IwAR06cWThwz9TxtLQLCAb6Cy_Wj4zXzhnqoj6pbkhwxIJpCdmaH_pwip3IBA

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is using the $2 trillion coronavirus stabilization law to throw a lifeline to education sectors she has long championed, directing millions of federal dollars intended primarily for public schools and colleges to private and religious schools.

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, signed in late March, included $30 billion for education institutions turned upside down by the pandemic shutdowns, about $14 billion for higher education, $13.5 billion to elementary and secondary schools, and the rest for state governments.

Ms. DeVos has used $180 million of those dollars to encourage states to create “microgrants” that parents of elementary and secondary school students can use to pay for educational services, including private school tuition. She has directed school districts to share millions of dollars designated for low-income students with wealthy private schools.

And she has nearly depleted the 2.5 percent of higher education funding, about $350 million, set aside for struggling colleges to bolster small colleges — many of them private, religious or on the margins of higher education — regardless of need. The Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential, a private college in Wisconsin that has a website debunking claims that it is a cult, was allocated about $495,000. All of the colleges could apply for the funds or reject them, and Wright officials said the school did not claim the funds.

House Democrats included language in a stimulus bill set for a vote on Friday that would limit Ms. DeVos’s ability to use about $58 billion in additional education relief for K-12 school districts for private schools. Congress has largely rejected Ms. DeVos’s proposals to create programs that resemble private school vouchers, and public education groups say Ms. DeVos is abusing discretion granted to her under the emergency legislation to achieve a long-held agenda.

• Guillotine 2

I'm going to call this now:  it will be just our "dumb luck" that the United States will avoid a second wave in the late summer/autumn.  This will lead to an even further damaging of the reputation of scientific experts among the general public, and more than likely the re-election of The Imbecile as he will undoubtedly make political hay out of it.

In a decade or two when a significantly worse disease breaks out of Asia or Latin America or Africa, there will be no significant effort to contain it because of the "COVID Cry Wolf" back in 2020 which will lead to the death of hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people.

• Sad 1