~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Just now, SlipperySlope said:

These ppl are spreading the virus and spreading false information, so the irony that they get it and die/suffer from it is notable. 

I will repeat myself.  It shows a distinct lack of compassion for your fellow human beings, and a lack of basic human decency.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I will repeat myself.  It shows a distinct lack of compassion for your fellow human beings, and a lack of basic human decency.

Also, it may be spreading false information, but these people have been purchased as fodder for the right wing propaganda machine. They deserve empathy, help, and compassion.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Also, it may be spreading false information, but these people have been purchased as fodder for the right wing propaganda machine. They deserve empathy, help, and compassion.

I agree and endorse this message. 

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Which are you in particular are you noting? BoJo? The woman who made the FB post?

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No they don't. Ppl said this after the election and then they grabbed tiki torches and started marching. 

Like, yeah it sucks for anyone to die from this, but I'm still going to go 🤨 to conspiracy theorists who get sick or die. I'm not going to go shit on their grave but.. c'mon. 

8 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

Which are you in particular are you noting? BoJo? The woman who made the FB post?

No they don't. Ppl said this after the election and then they grabbed tiki torches and started marching. 

Like, yeah it sucks for anyone to die from this, but I'm still going to go 🤨 to conspiracy theorists who get sick or die. I'm not going to go shit on their grave but.. c'mon. 

There's a wide world of difference between the average brainwashed Fox news viewer (who she sounds like tbh) and literal, honest to God Nazis 

20 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I’ve come to terms with my lack of compassion for certain people. They wanna get sick and die to own the libs. Fine. My only hope is they affect themselves and others like them. 

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don’t have endless stores of compassion. Some people just make the world a worse place. I can’t and don’t feel bad for everyone. 

45 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I draw a clear distinction for my "compassion" and "basic human decency" between the wealthy/powerful and the strggling/powerless.

And I will make no apologies for that - none whatsoever.

48 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

52 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

These ppl are spreading the virus and spreading false information, so the irony that they get it and die/suffer from it is notable. 

58 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I really don't understand the smug comments when someone with a different political POV than you has health problems. 

To me, it shows a lack of compassion and basic human decency for your fellow human beings.

These can all be true and I feel all of them in varying degrees depending on the minute hand of the clock.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I really don't understand the smug comments when someone with a different political POV than you has health problems. 

To me, it shows a lack of compassion and basic human decency for your fellow human beings.

if you’re talking about the FB woman, did you even read her garbage post?

32 minutes ago, Jose said:

I also think it's complete bullshit to describe someone who calls COVID-19 a hoax as having "different political views."

Also, she didn't have "health problems" she died because she believed something that could kill her couldn't.

I'll say it's a sad situation but I don't really feel bad for people who bring on their own demise.

By not taking it seriously, that woman puts others at risk too. Her attitude is reckless and dangerous. I don't wish death on her, but at the same time, it's hard to feel a lot of sympathy.

Hopefully those around her will see the error of her ways and maybe her death will not be completely in vain.

All that said, her real killer was the Republican Party and Fox News. They killed this woman by spending the last 30 years venturing so far into crazy town. They cause Trump and now they are causing this. They all have blood on their hands. The sad thing is though, that they don;'t even care. Watch Fox News. Even today, it's economy economy economy. They don't give two fucks about human lives or human misery. It's all just how all these people dying are costing them money.

https://sports.yahoo.com/japan-could-declare-emergency-tokyo-233546475.html?src=rss

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is seen moving closer to declaring a state of emergency in a matter of days, after confirmed coronavirus infections in Tokyo surged over the weekend to top 1,000 for the first time, a newspaper report said.

Abe will make public as soon as Monday his intention, with the declaration for the Tokyo area coming as early as Tuesday, the Yomiuri newspaper reported, without attribution. Osaka and Hyogo prefectures may also be under emergency, it said. Calls for more stringent measures to contain the deadly virus had been growing, as a recent spike in infections sparked concerns Japan is headed for a crisis on the levels seen in the U.S. and several countries in Europe.

The Japan Medical Association warned last week that the jump in cases in the nation’s most populous cities is putting more pressure on medical resources and that the government should declare a state of emergency. A poll conducted by broadcaster JNN showed 80% of respondents said the declaration should be made.

Tokyo reported 143 new coronavirus infections on Sunday, its largest single day. It marked the second straight day the city’s daily infection tally exceeded 100.

Japan Worries Country on ‘Brink of the Brink’ of Virus Surge (1)

Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike has said an emergency declaration by the government will provide the legal background to implement a policy to prevent further spread. Abe told parliament Friday that the situation didn’t yet warrant an emergency declaration, but said he wouldn’t hesitate to do so if that time comes.

Declaring a state of emergency hands powers to local governments, including to urge residents to stay at home. By contrast with some other countries though, there is no legal power to enforce such requests. Japan’s confirmed cases exceeded 3,000 over the weekend -- excluding those related to the Diamond Princess cruise ship -- a jump from less than 500 just a month ago.