~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

12 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

It's always aggravating to hear subhuman slime say something like, "What good does it do blaming people?"

They literally raked Hillary over saying, "What difference does it make now?" over four people dying due to terrorists, but tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of people who didn't need to die but will due to the enormous incompetence of this administration is not worth criticizing? We always having to come together when a Republican is president...

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It makes sense to me that you'll have have a more infections in the most densely populated city in America with a heavily used mass transit system.

Question:  Is the subway system still running?  If it is, why?

Everything I have read suggests that population density is a key contributor to the speed of the spread of disease in a pandemic. (e.g. https://www.uta.edu/math/_docs/preprint/2014/rep2014_05.pdfhttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378437118308896)

Mass transit needs to keep running to ensure that people have access to essential services, and that those that work in essential services can get to work.  Clearly, if people are not observing appropriate social isolation on transit, it is a problem.

16 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Possibly no press conference today:

Why does he think it's just going to be 2 weeks? His idiot cadre should be prepping him for more, once we hit peak we just can go back to normal, and social distancing can only do so much. God I hate these fuckers 

23 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Why does he think it's just going to be 2 weeks? His idiot cadre should be prepping him for more, once we hit peak we just can go back to normal, and social distancing can only do so much. God I hate these fuckers 

That’s probably about as much as they can convince him. Then in two weeks start the process over again. 

The Tiger King documentary was merely a warning to humanity.

I joke of course...But if this virus can infect and harm tigers, what are the chances of this infecting house cats?  That would make the disease harder to track with the number of strays throughout the country.

Sweden finally faces reality.

Sweden's government is drawing up new legislation to allow it to take “extraordinary steps” to combat Covid-19, local media have reported, amid concern that its relatively soft approach may be leading to a higher death rate than in other Nordic countries.

Denmark and Norway are among the many countries to have imposed tough lockdowns, closing borders and shutting schools and non-essential stores, and Finland has isolated its main urban area around Helsinki. But Swedes are still able to shop, go to restaurants, get haircuts and send children under 16 to class.

On Sunday Sweden reported a total of 401 deaths so far from Covid-19, up 8% from Saturday and greater than the totals of its three Nordic neighbours combined. Sweden’s toll per million inhabitants is 37, compared with 28 in Denmark, 12 in Norway and 4.5 in Finland.

Remind me to never take Sweden seriously about anything ever again.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Watch out, that crazy lady says she goes to the stores EVERYDAY.  lol people are fucking nuts.

Those people are everywhere.  Thankfully Solid Rock Church hands out bumper stickers to their weird assed members so you know if they're around.  Their Jesus statue has been a weird landmark forever, it was "touchdown Jesus" before lightning hit it and turned it into "Terminator Jesus" and they replaced it with a smaller more boring statue.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The Tiger King documentary was merely a warning to humanity.

I joke of course...But if this virus can infect and harm tigers, what are the chances of this infecting house cats?  That would make the disease harder to track with the number of strays throughout the country.

Cats are known to be susceptible to the virus, probably why the zoo was able to get tests for the animals when they showed signs of being ill, theres also no signs that cats can spread it to humans, though i can't imagine how they couldn't if they're coughing all over you, but i'd imagine its almost always humans giving them the virus since we travel more frequently and interact with others more often.

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It makes sense to me that you'll have have a more infections in the most densely populated city in America with a heavily used mass transit system.

Question:  Is the subway system still running?  If it is, why?

I'm not sure but it was the last time I was over there... I stopped using it once all of this stuff starting popping off and walked to work once I got off the bus to the city. I haven't been on the subway in over three weeks. As to why it's still running? There are still people that need to get to and from work.

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Fair enough.  But I'd figure the streets are deserted enough in NYC that many of these people could take a bike or another mode of transport right now.

Not if you're coming from the outer boroughs... or Connecticut. Or New Jersey like me... I'm assuming you do realize that NYC is more than just the Island of Manhattan right? Which is a pretty big fuckin' island. And as far as your CHurch comment goes, Subways may or may not be transmission vectors for the virus but Churches DEFINITELY are. There's evidence in Korea and California that a significant number of infections came from specific churches in both of those locations. Also there are viable alternatives... a lot of churches are having service online, streaming through Zoom and other apps. The churches that insist on doing this are doing so for reasons other than God or the their congregations.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not if you're coming from the outer boroughs... or Connecticut. Or New Jersey like me... I'm assuming you do realize that NYC is more than just the Island of Manhattan right? Which is a pretty big fuckin' island. And as far as your CHurch comment goes, Subways may or may not be transmission vectors for the virus but Churches DEFINITELY are. There's evidence in Korea and California that a significant number of infections came from specific churches in both of those countries. Also there are viable alternatives... a lot of churches are having service online, streaming through Zoom and other apps. The churches that insist on doing this are doing so for reasons other than God or the their congregations.

Solid points. 

21 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Oh god please no, not my cat...I only got him back in November.

He's one of the few things that has kept me sane during this whole crisis.

There should be a hug reaction for posts like this. I’d do the heart except I don’t wanna “like” this. I hope your cat stays healthy. 

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Cats are known to be susceptible to the virus, probably why the zoo was able to get tests for the animals when they showed signs of being ill, theres also no signs that cats can spread it to humans, though i can't imagine how they couldn't if they're coughing all over you, but i'd imagine its almost always humans giving them the virus since we travel more frequently and interact with others more often.

Wasn't this the plot of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes? Where all the cats and dogs die so we adopt apes as pets?

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I really don't understand the smug comments when someone with a different political POV than you has health problems. 

To me, it shows a lack of compassion and basic human decency for your fellow human beings.

These ppl are spreading the virus and spreading false information, so the irony that they get it and die/suffer from it is notable.