~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Humana and Cigna will be waiving copays and coinsurance for coronavirus treatment.  As we've discussed before, inusrance rates are going to get jacked up like crazy next year. 

Small correction - The government will pay them for the missed co-pays, and then they will raise rates anyway.

2 hours ago, Jose said:

My governor, Phil Murphy, has been such a fucking beast during all this. A bit behind Cuomo overall but has really been one of the most forward thinking and fastest acting governors in the nation. He also e-fellates Trump and Pence daily on Twitter because he knows he will be treated better and have his requests taken seriously if he does, which I do appreciate right now.

Yeah Murphy is killing it and so is Newark Mayor Ras Baraka who I was NOT a fan of as I have said before. He is really showing leadership here and his community connections and the trust he has with "The Street" has kept Newark from becoming a powder keg which I was always afraid of.

• Like 1

Trump says 2.2 million would have died if they weren't doing what they are doing, and he feels good about it.

Watch this become a talking point, that Trump will be personally responsible for saving 2 million lives.

Trump says because of self-isolation you will see drug addiction skyrocket because people who own restaurants will be wiped out.

Refers to the virus as "an invisible virus from our enemy." Referring to China?

Just now, Jose said:

What is everyone doing to get groceries right now? Instacart? Their prices are absurd. Whole Foods had no delivery times, either. I was thinking of trying Postmates.

Haven't gone out in the past week, but my plan remains the same: go to the store as infrequently as possible and wipe everything down when I get home. 

1 minute ago, Jose said:

What is everyone doing to get groceries right now? Instacart? Their prices are absurd. Whole Foods had no delivery times, either. I was thinking of trying Postmates.

Have to go out. I normally use Amazonnfresh but since they aren't doing deliveries I tend to hit up Walmart as needed. 

Just now, Chris- said:

Haven't gone out in the past week, but my plan remains the same: go to the store as infrequently as possible and wipe everything down when I get home. 

I did that on Tuesday, but I was fairly worried the whole time. 

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

We've used Amazon Prime Pantry a few times so far.  Not a bad service. We are getting another prime delivery sometime tonight between 9 and 11 pm.

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

We've used Amazon Prime Pantry a few times so far.  Not a bad service. We are getting another prime delivery sometime tonight between 9 and 11 pm.

The prices are really good, too. I just wish they had more stuff.

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

Go to the store, stay away from people, don't touch your face until you wash your hands, don't touch things before you commit to putting them in your cart. Wear a mask if you're concerned, vulnerable, or already sick. 

Like, we have to be careful and our lives have changed significantly and will for at least several months but we have to be careful, not paranoid. We have to take steps to protect ourselves, not hermetically seal ourselves off permanently.

• Thanks 1