~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

11 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I saw this shit live. Can you imagine them talking about any other president like this? This is not fucking normal. This ids not fucking okay. You send the shit where it needs to go and you don't act like a fucking middle schooler. Jesus Christ.

It's fucking ridiculous. Laura Ingraham is a fucking monster. She is the face of evil. I know Tucker and Hannity get most of the attention, but she is just as bad. She's a truly vile terrible person.

54 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Don't get too horrified by the Trump approval bump

Yeah, I wasn't too concerned about this. Seems like a lot has gone wrong in just the right way for Dems in the past 4 years to make a Trump presidency possible. 

But this is a case where the timeline is probably good for Dems. Any bounce he got from solidarity across the aisle will be gone in 6 months.

Meanwhile, if he mismanages this as badly as we all fear that could potentially have long term effects for his support.

Illinois' rate of growth has been staying kinda flat (yesterday and today were both in the +400-ish range), and today makes 1 week since we went to full shelter-in-place here, so I'm hoping we've successfully avoided a truly dire trajectory here. A lot of the cases are concentrated in and around Chicago, so I don't know what the burden on the hospital system within the city will be at the peak. They're currently in the process of setting up McCormick Place--which is a big convention center--as a temporary overflow hospital. We'll see.

20 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

This is the reason I posted what I posted yesterday.  I just can't fathom how people can think he's done even a tolerable job with this.

Well, too be fair, I don't understand how anyone can think he's done a tolerable job at anything, ever. I don't understand how ANYONE could even imagine the possibility of voting for him, let alone actually doing it. We're in weird times and we're surrounded by the stupidest possible fuckers imaginable. 1 in 6 Americans is enough of a gullible drooling dipshit to vote for Donald Trump... so all bets are off for everything... forever...

We're surrounded by simpletons who lack the ability to think rationally. They are walking amongst us as if they were normal people and that is terrifying. It never stops being terrifying.

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

How did you find Illinois's rate of growth?  I'd like to look up Pennsylvania's.  Shelter-in-place is currently only in effect for certain counties so far.

I don't have an exact graph, I'm just piecing this together from following the news the past few days

But you can use this for state-by-state cases today:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/