~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What restrictions is he going to ease exactly? The Governors have been issuing the stay in place orders not him.  He can't order them to open for business. There has been little to no actual Federal action from what I understand.

Threaten to with hold Federal aide if they don't. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What restrictions is he going to ease exactly? The Governors have been issuing the stay in place orders not him.  He can't order them to open for business. There has been little to no actual Federal action from what I understand.

I think he is going to force the CDC to change the guidelines which is what a few of the governors have been basing their decisions on. But, like you mentioned, at this point I see the governors continuing the course and telling the President to shove off. At which point he will get angry and attempt to block funding to the states that don't follow the new guidelines. 

48 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

We'll be dead together bro... at least you're there during regular hours. I have the 11 to 7 shift and when I get into the city I WALK the rest of the way to work because I refuse to step foot in the subways. It's like Escape From New York out there at night.

I wish there was a "buy poster a whisky because fuck it" reaction emoji.

9 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

He's gonna say we're reopening in the country, governors won't listen, the economy won't recover, he'll blame the governors. That is how this plays out. 

8 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I get the impression that Trump is beginning to come apart. He’s starting to lash out more.

In the next week, we’ll probably see Fauci fired or disappear. He’ll order businesses and states open, which they won’t comply with. Then he’ll politicize the pandemic and say Democrats are trying to destroy the economy and his presidency. 

Hes acting like the idiots on twitter saying "Only a few hundred deaths whats the big deal?"  Like they believe this is it and its over, lol, the next week or two is going to be eye opening to a lot of people.  We went from like 40 deaths in a day yesterday to over 100 in a day today.

9 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Hes acting like the idiots on twitter saying "Only a few hundred deaths whats the big deal?"  Like they believe this is it and its over, lol, the next week or two is going to be eye opening to a lot of people.  We went from like 40 deaths yesterday to over 100 today.

30,000 people die each year in car accidents you don't see us shutting down the economy for that?!?

12 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Oh come on. That's taking what he said out of context. He said "hasta ahora" which literally translates to "until now" but a better translation would probably be "at this point."

Watch again and watch how he stresses the words "hasta ahora."

If anybody wanted to know how stupid the lack of testing in this country makes things, let's talk about my wife.

She was in quarantine for the last week because maybe she had COVID-19, maybe she doesn't. Who knows? She's a little better now than she was a week ago. Her doctor still doesn't know if she had/has the virus, though. Also, she's a supposed essential employee, so her employer wants a note from her doctor clearing her to return to work. Since her doctor doesn't actually know if she's infected or not, they've scheduled her return to work checkup for May.

We'll likely be fine on my check alone without needing to dip into savings, but this is the kind of thing that could really fuck people over.

It's a good thing we have a functional government.

Family friends went on a two and a half month vacation to Spain in early January.  They've been trying to get back to Canada over the last 3 weeks (finally flew back over the weekend).  KLM wouldn't let them on an earlier flight.

Wife is on a ventilator, and is in an induced coma.  COVID-19 testing still to come back.

Husband is currently fine.

• Sad 6