~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

45 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

And OSHA can only issue monetary fines as far as I'm aware

They can bring criminal charges but they are less severe ,  normally they will work with local officials to handle something major. 

Under the OSH Act, the agency can bring criminal charges against an employer for:

Willful violations causing an employee’s death;
Providing advance notice of an OSHA inspection; and
Providing false statements on a document required by the Act.
But the criminal penalties associated with these violations, found in Section 17(e) of the OSH Act, are less severe than the potential penalties available to a district attorney under state law. They include a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than six months, or by both for the first offense.

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

People conflating rarely getting sick with their specific immune system being good boggles my mind. Up until last year when I broke my leg, I'd never broken my leg before. I had great leg bones! Now just my left leg bones are great!

NGL, my wife gets sick all the time, and I rarely get sick.  That may be more because she is immunocompromised, and my immune system is fairly normal.

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Was talking with a friend who is like an unofficial little sister to my wife and I that I knew was unvaccinated. We have talked about it several times over the last few months and she was pretty hesitant to get it.

Last night I cornered her after our kickball game and was like “tell me why you haven’t been vaccinated?” and she eventually got to the point where she said she never gets sick, so her immune system is really good, and it’s been a year and a half and she hasn’t caught it, and so on, so she just doesn’t think she will catch it.

10 minutes ago she called to tell me that she started feeling bad with a sore throat at 3am, so she went to the urgent care this morning to get checked out.

Strep, negative

Flu, negative

Covid, positive

She is a pre-school teacher, so I’m sure she has been spreading it around to those kids the last day or so 😬

Throw her in jail 

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

There are just so many uncontrolled variables... hygiene, exposure, yes, someone's actual immune system, etc., that concluding that not regularly getting ill is solely due to your immune system is silly. Deciding to not vaccinate based on that assumption is worse.

It's really dumb.  I haven't had a cold in a very long time, I've never once had the flu, or at least gotten sick from it.  I just assumed in this thing I wouldn't get COVID or know if I did.  That said I'm not rolling those dice, I masked up and didn't visit the insides of a restaurant until I got vaccinated, which happened as soon as I was eligible.

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The immune system stuff is funny cause vaccines use your fucking immune system to prevent you from getting sick.

Also my family down south that has refused to be vaccinated is now getting hit, Cousin and her husband in the ER with pneumonia, a couple others got pretty sick but seem to have gotten over it.

They beat the virus, no vaccine, just as God designed. They're basically heroes. 

18 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Turns out even when people won’t do what is in the best interest of their own health, they will do what is in the best interest of their own bank accounts

34 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

what a fucking chud per reason a, but reason d is top shelf lmao

I love how these absolute morons think they're making a statement or whatever but with the military there is no shortage of just-as-qualified people that are able to take your place. Just pure LMAO. Sounds like this guy got as far as he was going to go anyways since he believes all his bosses are communists.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I love how these absolute morons think they're making a statement or whatever but with the military there is no shortage of just-as-qualified people that are able to take your place. Just pure LMAO. Sounds like this guy got as far as he was going to go anyways since he believes all his bosses are communists.

Things would be better if his bosses were communist tbh

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

what a fucking chud per reason a, but reason d is top shelf lmao

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

The peanut butter shot in the butt was fine but the COVID vaccine is the devil's serum. :silly:

Yeah this can't possibly be real, right? I mean... I stopped reading after point a) where he says he's not capable of being injected with something against his will and judgment. You know.... Like what they do when you join the military. :silly: