~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve pointed out exactly what Inslee did weeks before Cuomo and Murphy even thought to do a single thing. And then you try and act like the date of the “lockdown” is the only relevant action taken. Inslee was shutting down or limiting all sorts of activity when there were only a handful of cases in his state. Meanwhile Cuomo was dragged kicking and screaming to lockdown in the second half of March. But none of these things matter to you, you’ve made this clear because “Density!!!” and all your other excuses.

Inslee is in a league of his own. There, I won't dispute with you at all. Seattle was also helped by the fact that the major tech companies shut down voluntarily early on, so it wasn't just his decisions that helped the state. Still, aside from him, I do not see any governor that did much differently.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve pointed out exactly what Inslee did weeks before Cuomo and Murphy even thought to do a single thing. And then you try and act like the date of the “lockdown” is the only relevant action taken. Inslee was shutting down or limiting all sorts of activity when there were only a handful of cases in his state. Meanwhile Cuomo was dragged kicking and screaming to lockdown in the second half of March. But none of these things matter to you, you’ve made this clear because “Density!!!” and all your other excuses.

Oh, Inslee, the gov that made the names and information of people reporting lockdown violations public causing death threats and harassment.

You’re seriously the only one itt that I see trying to actually compare states :confused:

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

:confused:

We are talking about governors and their statewide decisions and he's out here talking about two cities closing their schools early, like that's a credit for Newsom or something? I don't know. I am just as confused as you are.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

We are talking about governors and their statewide decisions and he's out here talking about two cities closing their schools early, like that's a credit for Newsom or something? I don't know. I am just as confused as you are.

The X-thousands dead bit is pretty fucked up and beyond his regular troll BS tbh.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

California has one Governor and you listed two cities in California hence the confused face.

18 minutes ago, Jose said:

We have two options here:

1. Governors that fucked up initially like all governors did and had mass deaths, but have swiftly recovered and kept the virus in control.

2. Governors that still fucked up but luckily avoided a mass initial outbreak due to circumstances out of their control, but have henceforth ignored the data that could have prevented a future outbreak and are now dealing with one. 

If you would rather have option 2, you are full of it, sorry.

Yes, the old false dichotomy I see :p 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

ITT sbl is clearly doing his "I'm bored so I'm going to kill time by spinning everyone around in pointless circles" routine.

:ana:

I had a meeting with a Nobel Laureate today, and I got the chance to flat out ask him, realistically, when will the world will be safe to go back to work. He said, "Safely, two years. Phase-2 clinical trials were rushed to phase-3, and anything that's in phase-3 at the moment are just starting. Each phase takes about a year of trials to be ready for FDA approval. So on top the rushed trials, and then any treatment that's approved that will still need mass production, 2 years is your best bet to be safe." He did say that the best advice he can give is to not be part of the first wave of immunization patients and to wait and see what happens with Germany and Spain with their results first. Results from England and France shouldn't be trusted since they're rushing their trials as well as the US. So this might even take longer than 2 years depending on even knowing how save the treatment ends up being (it might treat Covid, but it might give you dimentia, etc).

UCSF is preaching that everyone should definitely get a flu shot this year, just in the name of staying as healthy as possible as a population