~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

Its only at 70%?! No bueno. 

One thing that is going to be more difficult to determine in the Omicron wave is the distinction between hospitalized “with” or “because of” Covid. I would not be surprised if both for vaccinated and unvaccinated the numbers are inflated, but more so for the vaccinated population. So the percentages may be higher than that mid 70s number if we could accurately determine how many are in there because of Covid symptoms specifically.

Alexandria-Ocasio-TheView.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appeared to get an early start on New Year’s weekend Thursday, according to a report.

Behold one of the top 5 news stories of the day from Fox News. Every single person who works at Fox News should be put on a rocket and launched into the sun.

• Guillotine 1

10 minutes ago, ort said:
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appeared to get an early start on New Year’s weekend Thursday, according to a report.

Behold one of the top 5 news stories of the day from Fox News. Every single person who works at Fox News should be put on a rocket and launched into the sun.

They'll try and pin her for this and say how bad it is she's traveling during the pandemic. But they'll also say there is nothing wrong with traveling during the pandemic.

10 minutes ago, ort said:
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Stop it

1 hour ago, ort said:
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE - STOP POSTING SHIT FROM FOX NEWS, ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE OVERRATED, OVEREXPOSED PERSONALITY THAT IS AOC!

I'm dead serious - I'll start deleting these posts FOR YOUR OWN DAMNED GOOD!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ort said:
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Do yourself a favor: stop seeking out right wing stuff and making yourself angry. It’s not good for your health (physical and mental). Trust me, I know. 

Unplugging myself from Facebook (it’s a right wing hell hole) outside of getting old photos of my dog (May he Rest In Peace) that I posted before I lost them when my MacBook crapped (two years worth of photos that I didn’t back up) is one of the best things I ever did. It’s a worthless site, as are sites like Fox News. It’s not worth getting angry over.

31 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Do yourself a favor: stop seeking out right wing stuff and making yourself angry. It’s not good for your health (physical and mental). Trust me, I know. 

Unplugging myself from Facebook (it’s a right wing hell hole) outside of getting old photos of my dog (May he Rest In Peace) that I posted before I lost them when my MacBook crapped (two years worth of photos that I didn’t back up) is one of the best things I ever did. It’s a worthless site, as are sites like Fox News. It’s not worth getting angry over.

Yup. I've basically deleted all my social media except for this if it counts and I'm way happier. 

It appears another of my hobby's is suffering from covid. This one is really bad actually. Bandai seems to be under siege. Gunpla supply is super low. To the point of master grade kits from when I first got into Gundam going for over 100 USD.

I did buy a few kits without realizing this but I am just gonna wait for restocks or reissues from Bandai. 

Games Workshop has been affected but it'a actually possible to most things directly from them 

53 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I don't really get right wing stuff in my facebook but then again I will unfriend you if you are spamming it with political shit. 

Facebook is what you make it. 

I get sometimes alt-right recommendations at times. Thinking about it maybe me liking the far left stuff gets misconstrued as me being a Republican or something.

Twitter DEFINITELY thinks i'm a Republican and a Trumper at that... and despite what folks think, this social media companies are shit. The guys who created thesse sites will tell you that and most of them don't allow their kids on them. I don't get a lot of right wing shit on Facebook at all... just a bunch of other stupidity and moronery.

I made that stupid Glopez Pitch Bot Twitter account after having a few drinks at Thanksgiving dinner. I didn’t follow anybody at all. Just from making that silly anti-union tweet, my suggestions are pure far-right garbage. Honestly kind of terrifying.

One thing that kinda stunned me with Facebook is my friend mentioned solar power one time in a imessage text and suddenly every single advertisement from Facebook was about solar power.

That was the moment I realized they were scouring my texts not even connected with Facebook for information on me. 

14 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

One thing that kinda stunned me with Facebook is my friend mentioned solar power one time in a imessage text and suddenly every single advertisement from Facebook was about solar power.

That was the moment I realized they were scouring my texts not even connected with Facebook for information on me. 

My friend mentioned something like that he claims he was talking to I think his wife about something and started seeing ads on FB about it.

Edit: @SuperSpreader someone has to tell them I will never betray Marx and the workers.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Yeah a few years ago I went to a concert. When we left we were talking to our Uber driver how bad the crowd was, focused on selfies and not the music. Then Facebook started showing both of us articles about rude crowds. Something we had never looked up.

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Yeah a few years ago I went to a concert. When we left we were talking to our Uber driver how bad the crowd was, focused on selfies and not the music. Then Facebook started showing both of us articles about rude crowds. Something we had never looked up.

I doubt they're using the mics on peoples phones for this because it would just simply overwhelm them with useless data, whats more likely is it picked up you went to a concert via location data or purchasing the tickets online and its a common theme that concert crowds suck.  Theres tons of other data points they could use without getting overwhelmed about you talking about your dog or some shit.

I did PCR tests on Tuesday and Thursday and haven't received results from either yet. Two different providers too. How are we back to 2020 where the test results take so long that they're useless while other countries can turn around a PCR test in 8 hours? 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I did PCR tests on Tuesday and Thursday and haven't received results from either yet. Two different providers too. How are we back to 2020 where the test results take so long that they're useless while other countries can turn around a PCR test in 8 hours? 

Took my wife and daughters tests 5 days to come back at a NYS testing site, if we go through our local Hospitals network we get them sometimes same day because they're using their own lab to run the tests, but you need a dr.'s order for the test, which is basically as easy as calling them up and asking for it.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I doubt they're using the mics on peoples phones for this because it would just simply overwhelm them with useless data, whats more likely is it picked up you went to a concert via location data or purchasing the tickets online and its a common theme that concert crowds suck.  Theres tons of other data points they could use without getting overwhelmed about you talking about your dog or some shit.

Even so still pretty bad that it's reading my email. Etc

YEah, I don't know why I spend so much time looking at Fox News. It's a real problem for me.

I think it stems from my desire to try and understand where the other side is coming from. Their opinions and thoughts are so radically different from mine, and feel so completely and utterly wrong that I feel like I have some sort of obligation to at least understand where they are coming from.

Sadly, the conclusion I pretty much always come to is that they are mostly just gullible dipshits who are filled with hatred and rage and just look for whatever giant cock will fill their throbbing anger holes with the most STD infected rage cum and that's what places like Fox News give them. The good hate dick.

The bottom line is that most of these people are either A. dumb as fuck or B. grifting the people who are dumb as fuck.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I really try to see it any other way, but I really truly cannot. The idea that so many people are really that truly fucked in the brain just boggles my mind.

But what keeps me up at night is the fact that they say the exact same thing about us.

• Like 1