~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

There is another semi large mortgage house up the street from us and it sounds like they are not dealing with this all that well....

https://www.reddit.com/r/pillar7/

We've been working from home again and are not scheduled to be back until the week of the 10th, and I suspect that will get pushed out...

These twits have been forced into the office since mid 2020. 

36 minutes ago, Ominous said:

There is another semi large mortgage house up the street from us and it sounds like they are not dealing with this all that well....

https://www.reddit.com/r/pillar7/

We've been working from home again and are not scheduled to be back until the week of the 10th, and I suspect that will get pushed out...

These twits have been forced into the office since mid 2020. 

What’s this subreddit for?

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What’s this subreddit for?

People talking about working at United Wholesale Mortgage. A company that could run virtually 100% remote that requires everyone in the office and packs them into weekly trainings. They just had Kid Rock (lol) at their Christmas Superspreader Party. 

I mean, it as been this way for a bit now, but I still find it somewhat odd that, by default, my pre-installed weather app keeps track of Covid deaths and cases. I just wonder if that is really something that should be put right under the hourly forecast. 

89,000 hospitalizations currently, still a ways to go to top the 131,000 high of last winter. Will be interesting to see if we get there case counts are bonkers. Would be great news if we are able to remain under that 131k when we peak.

This past week since i tested positive has been absolute hell, while no one else is positive and my symptoms are still extremely mild, they all had some sort of cold/flu with fevers and vomiting, and it was impossible for me to isolate with a special needs 8 year old and an 11 month old my wife would not have been able to handle it, daughter was the worst, spiked a 104 fever and vomited sunday while was being extremely lethargic for days which has declined in recent days but is still agitated and being non-verbal we just have to give pain killers and hope it works and forcing her to drink and eat at times.  She again tested negative yesterday.

11 month old also spiked a fever and vomitted saturday tested negative for COVID positive for a cold like virus, hes been extremely whiny and agitated till we discovered he had an ear infection as well and had to take him to a walk in at 7PM where they were slammed and had to wait an hour and i had to leave my daughter in bed alone so that we could make it to a pharmacy in time before they all closed at 9pm while she returned from the walk in, and through all of this hes been teething his first molars all week so while the fevers are gone hes still whinier than usual.  Hes going back for another test saturday and hoping he stays negative so he can go back to daycare next week.

Wife had a cold, tested negative friday, but requires like 2 more hours of sleep than me to go about normally so i've been taking the brunt of the overnight work, but now says shes got some additional body aches but nothing major, shes also going back saturday to be tested, really hoping the vaccine/boosters worked for all of them.

Not being able to have family come over and help is by far the worst part and i'm so over all of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

24 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

This past week since i tested positive has been absolute hell, while no one else is positive and my symptoms are still extremely mild, they all had some sort of cold/flu with fevers and vomiting, and it was impossible for me to isolate with a special needs 8 year old and an 11 month old my wife would not have been able to handle it, daughter was the worst, spiked a 104 fever and vomited sunday while was being extremely lethargic for days which has declined in recent days but is still agitated and being non-verbal we just have to give pain killers and hope it works and forcing her to drink and eat at times.  She again tested negative yesterday.

11 month old also spiked a fever and vomitted saturday tested negative for COVID positive for a cold like virus, hes been extremely whiny and agitated till we discovered he had an ear infection as well and had to take him to a walk in at 7PM where they were slammed and had to wait an hour and i had to leave my daughter in bed alone so that we could make it to a pharmacy in time before they all closed at 9pm while she returned from the walk in, and through all of this hes been teething his first molars all week so while the fevers are gone hes still whinier than usual.  Hes going back for another test saturday and hoping he stays negative so he can go back to daycare next week.

Wife had a cold, tested negative friday, but requires like 2 more hours of sleep than me to go about normally so i've been taking the brunt of the overnight work, but now says shes got some additional body aches but nothing major, shes also going back saturday to be tested, really hoping the vaccine/boosters worked for all of them.

Not being able to have family come over and help is by far the worst part and i'm so over all of it.

Sounds rough dude.  I hope you're through the worst of it, and it gets better from here.

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean the pandemic isn't over, it's Americans' (and others, to be quite fair!) tolerance for sacrifice to save lives that is over. But it's been over since before Delta, really (when it would have made more of a difference), so nothing new there.

There is nothing that can be done besides going back to March 2020 levels of isolation that would dramatically alter things once people decided whether they were getting vaccinated or not. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Even that won’t work due to how transmissible omi is

It works at the thing that matters, stopping severe illness in most vulnerable people and the real societal costs that come along with it. I think current data is showing well into the 70% range of hospitalized people nationally are unvaccinated, and that is with Omicron being dominant. If we applied the stats for vaccinated severe illness to the population as a whole, there wouldn’t be 93k people in hospitals at the moment. It would be well under 50,000 and wouldn’t get anywhere close to the 130k peak we hit last winter.

Were everybody to be vaccinated the only thing we would need to do is tell symptomatic people to stay home.

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It works at the thing that matters, stopping severe illness in most vulnerable people and the real societal costs that come along with it. I think current data is showing well into the 70% range of hospitalized people nationally are unvaccinated, and that is with Omicron being dominant. If we applied the stats for vaccinated severe illness to the population as a whole, there wouldn’t be 93k people in hospitals at the moment. It would be well under 50,000 and wouldn’t get anywhere close to the 130k peak we hit last winter.

Were everybody to be vaccinated the only thing we would need to do is tell symptomatic people to stay home.

Its only at 70%?! No bueno. 

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Talking about march 2020 levels of isolation. Wouldn’t work even if we tried it’s blowing up in zero covid states like NZ AUS and China.