~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

25 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think I might make a burner account on reddit with a proton account (and use a proxy, for extra protection) and post the leaked government info. If people believe it, great. If not...well, then they don't. 

The bigger risk is the leakers getting caught than you even on a non burner account imo. They should be taking similar measures to keep themselves safe

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The bigger risk is the leakers getting caught than you even on a non burner account imo. They should be taking similar measures to keep themselves safe

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Proton mail using TOR at the library. 

In this case they sent me the info via reddit message. I've decided not to post it, however. Don't want to take the risk. If I make a burner account then it won't be approved by mods.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

That was the decision, but apparently nothing was relayed to them last night. Then 10 minutes ago I get a text from the SIL saying “I’m sick now too so I guess we aren’t coming” 

Oh, so you’re saying infectious diseases apparently SPREAD 😮

So what you're saying is you're going to their house instead?

On 12/22/2021 at 4:26 AM, Spork3245 said:

Intel is putting all non-vaccinated employees on unpaid leave (until they get vaccinated). I kinda want to switch back to an Intel CPU now.

Verizon has a plan like that but it got shelves because of the court case against the mandate.

I am gonna just stay home and paint. I want to get the moderna booster ASAP.

• Like 1

Well, my own Christmas celebration was cancelled for this evening at my mom's place. My brother texted and said his fiance wasn't feeling well (both triple vaxxed) and rapid tests were negative, but were unsure what to do. She works in healthcare. Both of them had also seen my mom a few days ago. I phoned my mom and said we were no longer coming (and my brother also backed out), and my mom was very mad. But, like...one of your guests has symptoms (which may be COVID, may be the flu, etc) and you saw them only two days prior...yeah of course we are cancelling. They are going to get PCR tested, but won't know the results for at least a few days.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Yep, that's what I already do for flying but with a KF94. 

I'm in JetBlue Mint in one of the seats where there's nobody directly next to me so with the way air filtration works on planes I think it should help that I have a bit of buffer between me and the people nearest me. 

Whelp that flight got cancelled so back on Alaska in their 2x2 first class. :SARS-CoV-2:

Brother isn't coming home because he and his roommate are sick. Sister is over and sounding like someone who listens to too much Toe Rogan, ie "the government lies, the media just spreads fear, Ontario is the most backwards place in Earth, and other places still have their freedoms" etc. 

At times I wish I lived in an isolated (nice) cabin in the woods alone. 

• Like 1

Just now, chakoo said:

While it’s not really true, can we start Twitter bombing peoples post that Christmas is canceled because of anti-vaxers and it’s all their fault. :)

Why waste a good opportunity. 

:skull:

The goddamn antivaxxers finally won the War on Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I woke up in the middle of the night dry heaving. That can't be good. I've had a sore throat, and felt a little icky so I took some cold medicine last night, and then right before bed, about 4 hours later I took some cough medicine. Wonder if maybe I was dry heaving because there wasn't enough time between the two different medicines. Fuck my sister and her boyfriend are coming over today for Christmas dinner. I really hope this is nothing but a mild cold.