~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I had a few hours in the middle of the night with fever and chills after my second shot, but I felt almost nothing from my Pfizer booster other than a sore arm.

Hopefully that’s the case for me. Though the Modern boater is a larger dose so that may affect my experiences.

20 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

omicron-cases-map-1638565698.jpg?crop=1x
WWW.WGAL.COM

Pennsylvania is one of eight states with known omicron cases.

Well, it was nice knowing you all

Have to add Massachusetts to that map.

covid-19-testing-generic-1638717434.jpg?
WWW.WCVB.COM

The state's Department of Public Health says the case involves a woman in her 20s who lives in Middlesex County.

It's very annoying seeing many people online parrot the false idea that viruses naturally mutate to be more contagious and less deadly. It can certainly happen, but there is no selective pressure in the case of COVID for it to happen. The only time there would be selective pressure for a virus to become less deadly is if it allowed it to be more fit for spread. This would mean the virus' existing severity would be causing hosts to die before spreading it. In the case of COVID, people are contagious long before they become severely ill (and in fact are slightly contagious before showing strong symptoms). 

It's certainly possible for a variant to mutate into less severity (and be more transmissible), but there is no natural pressure in that direction (nor is it inevitable). Heck, just look at Alpha, which was more contagious and apparently more deadly than the OG strain.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's very annoying seeing many people online parrot the false idea that viruses naturally mutate to be more contagious and less deadly. It can certainly happen, but there is no selective pressure in the case of COVID for it to happen. The only time there would be selective pressure for a virus to become less deadly is if it allowed it to be more fit for spread. This would mean the virus' existing severity would be causing hosts to die before spreading it. In the case of COVID, people are contagious long before they become severely ill (and in fact are slightly contagious before showing strong symptoms). 

It's certainly possible for a variant to mutate into less severity (and be more transmissible), but there is no natural pressure in that direction (nor is it inevitable). Heck, just look at Alpha, which was more contagious and apparently more deadly than the OG strain.

If viruses always mutated to be less deadly, then there would never be any deadly viruses.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Link to the study?

I couldn't find one specifically about delta being more deadly I guess its still unverified? it is known that viral load can impact serverity and delta has a higher viral load so it isn't exactly a big leap.

Woman-coughing.jpg
WWW.BRGENERAL.ORG

Simply put, viral load is how much of the virus you have in your body. The more the virus has replicated, the higher your viral load will be, and the more infectious you likely are. The more virus you have in your airways, the more you will release when you exhale or cough, as you are experiencing more “viral shedding.” As a result, people in close contact could receive a high enough viral dose to be infected.

WWW.THELANCET.COM

b93UNsB.png

• Thanks 1

As a general rule, I've found that like 90% of COVID articles that talk about new information out of Israel, are complete and total bullshit.

Somehow every fucking stupid anti-tax fucker always says Israel this, Israel that...

FUCK ISREAL and FUCK ANTI-VAXXERS.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

"Sure, they could be free. But our means-tested reimbursement program is so simple. You purchase a test for $39.95, cut off the proof of purchase tabs from the box, scan the tabs, convert them to a pdf, then print out the pdf (preferably under the light of a blood moon, but any full moon should suffice). Submit the pdf with your tax returns from the last 15 years and mail them to our Guam address (please be sure to include a self addressed and postage-paid envelope). In 60 - 70 weeks you should receive a check for $2.99 to help cover the cost of the test (the check can currently only be cashed at our American Bank of America branch in Guantanamo Bay, but check back in 2 - 3 decades to see what fun locations we have added!)."

• Haha 3