~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

18 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I really have to wonder if Western nations would've been so quick to react if Omicron had emerged from a "white" country instead of Southern Africa?

13 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Delta says no.

Also the fact that around half of American state governments are openly actively undermining so much as accurately reporting case numbers. 

FQJO23RITJNN3BWXYIYI5EHU5Q.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

South Africa has asked Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer to delay delivery of COVID-19 vaccines because it now has too much stock, health ministry officials said, as vaccine hesitancy...

Perhaps South Africa didn’t have a shortage of vaccines?

I'd be interested in seeing a new census done in a year or 2 when this is presumably slowed dramatically to see just where and how much damage this did, since the census ended more than half a million Americans have died, and i've seen some info on southern states having deaths outpace births for the first time and MI county level data showing rural areas doing the same while Urban ones barely effected.

12 minutes ago, CayceG said:

So Omicron is pretty apparently all over southern Africa and by consequence is already worldwide. 

Well now we get to wait two weeks and see what happens. Hopefully it's already been around long enough that it's everywhere and just hasn't really affected the numbers--although I do wonder if this is what was behind the numbers jumping enough in Europe recently to spark new rounds of lockdowns before omicron was known about.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well now we get to wait two weeks and see what happens. Hopefully it's already been around long enough that it's everywhere and just hasn't really affected the numbers--although I do wonder if this is what was behind the numbers jumping enough in Europe recently to spark new rounds of lockdowns before omicron was known about.

oHhHHhHhHH SHIT 

You figured it out. 👑

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:
5472.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Among my neighbors in the bluest region of the bluest county of the...

Hippies were the OG anti vaxxers but they are now dwarfed by conservative crazies.

I swear journalists just sit around trying to come up with stories that contradict public perception even if public perception is mostly right. 

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Hippies were the OG anti vaxxers but they are now dwarfed by conservative crazies.

I swear journalists just sit around trying to come up with stories that contradict public perception even if public perception is mostly right. 

Most hippies transitioned into being conservative crazies once they bought lawns.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:13 AM, CitizenVectron said:

Though it's less political of an issue than in the US (if only because there are less conservatives here), it's still a concern:

I keep telling people that anglo conservatives will destroy their countries and borders mean nothing with the internet and shared language

anyway, i'm still catching up on everything since my phone is shot and I was travelling for the holiday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

Just trying to get eyeballs on pages, regardless of the cost to public health, our institutions, etc. :/