~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

EHJ4AQWYTVIAPO6OPVLCSBTLBM.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Sweden will pause the use of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for people born 1991 and later after reports of possible rare side effects, such as myocarditis, the Swedish health agency said on Wednesday.

Sweden will pause the use of Moderna's (MRNA.O) COVID-19 vaccine for people born 1991 and later after reports of possible rare side effects, such as myocarditis, the Swedish health agency said on Wednesday.

The health agency said data pointed to an increase of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths and young adults that had been vaccinated.

"The connection is especially clear when it comes to Moderna's vaccine Spikevax, especially after the second dose," it said in a statement," adding the risk of being affected was very small.

The health agency said it now recommended the Comirnaty vaccine from Pfizer/Biontech instead. People born 1991 or later that had received a first Moderna shot, some 81,000 people, would not get a second Moderna jab, it added.

38 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Sweden will pause the use of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for people born 1991 and later after reports of possible rare side effects, such as myocarditis, the Swedish health agency said on Wednesday.

What about people who got a third? @SuperSpreaderdeadman walking?

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.REUTERS.COM

A similar action was taken a while ago in Canada -- Pfizer is the only option that has been available for younger people in Canada for a while.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

A similar action was taken a while ago in Canada -- Pfizer is the only option that has been available for younger people in Canada for a while.

Denmark just announced a similar measure:

QLVWIWFIQVMKBD74R34QOMQCYE.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Denmark will pause the use of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for people under 18 years, after reports of possible rare side effects, such as myocarditis, the Danish Health Agency said on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

What about steroids

pmc-logo-share.png?_=0
WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

A severe case of COVID-19 was observed in an otherwise healthy 28-year-old man who had taken oxandrolone 40 mg/day as an anabolic steroid. The patient had been taking oxandrolone for enhanced bodybuilding 30 days prior to presenting to an outpatient ...

Anabolic androgen steroids (AAS) and performance-enhancing drugs have been previously reported to trigger severe viral pneumonia with acute respiratory distress syndrome in young patients.10 11 Oxandrolone at 40 mg/day is not considered to be a very high dose of this synthetic, nonaromatisable androgen that is regarded as a dihydrotestosterone (DHT) analogue.12 DHT is known to promote the expression of transmembrane serine protease 2 (TMPRSS2), and androgen signalling regulates SARS-CoV-2 infectivity.13 TMPRSS2 plays a crucial role in COVID-19 infectivity and pathogenesis since COVID-19 employs it for spike protein priming before it is internalised in an ACE2-facilitated fashion.14 DHT significantly increases ACE2 levels and internalisation of recombinant SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, and antiandrogens reduced SARS-CoV-2 infection in human embryonic cell-derived lung organoids.13 The relationship between androgens and COVID-19 is supported by the epidemiological corroboration that prepubertal children are rarely affected by clinically severe COVID-19.15 Additionally, COVID-19 is unproportionally more severe among men compared with women, among AGA men compared with non-AGA men, hyperandrogenic women compared with nonhyperandrogenic women and androgen deprivation therapy-driven suppressed men compared with nonsuppressed men affected by prostate cancer.16–18 A recently published study also found that the antiandrogen enzalutamide suppressed SARS-CoV-2 entry into human lung cells.19 Furthermore, dutasteride, a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor commonly used to treat benign prostate hyperplasia and androgenetic alopecia by suppressing DHT production, has been previously observed to reduce symptoms and severity of COVID-19.20 21 Findings from the NCT04729491 trial, a double-blinded, placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial, found that early antiandrogen therapy with dutasteride has been shown to reduce COVID-19 viral shedding, inflammatory responses and time-to-remission.22 A cohort of 32 men with median age of 52 undergoing testosterone replacement therapy diagnosed with COVID-19 showed a very high hospitalisation (62.5%) and fatality rate (9.4%).23

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, SimpleG said:
pmc-logo-share.png?_=0
WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

A severe case of COVID-19 was observed in an otherwise healthy 28-year-old man who had taken oxandrolone 40 mg/day as an anabolic steroid. The patient had been taking oxandrolone for enhanced bodybuilding 30 days prior to presenting to an...

Anabolic androgen steroids (AAS) and performance-enhancing drugs have been previously reported to trigger severe viral pneumonia with acute respiratory distress syndrome in young patients.10 11 Oxandrolone at 40 mg/day is not considered to be a very high dose of this synthetic, nonaromatisable androgen that is regarded as a dihydrotestosterone (DHT) analogue.12 DHT is known to promote the expression of transmembrane serine protease 2 (TMPRSS2), and androgen signalling regulates SARS-CoV-2 infectivity.13 TMPRSS2 plays a crucial role in COVID-19 infectivity and pathogenesis since COVID-19 employs it for spike protein priming before it is internalised in an ACE2-facilitated fashion.14 DHT significantly increases ACE2 levels and internalisation of recombinant SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, and antiandrogens reduced SARS-CoV-2 infection in human embryonic cell-derived lung organoids.13 The relationship between androgens and COVID-19 is supported by the epidemiological corroboration that prepubertal children are rarely affected by clinically severe COVID-19.15 Additionally, COVID-19 is unproportionally more severe among men compared with women, among AGA men compared with non-AGA men, hyperandrogenic women compared with nonhyperandrogenic women and androgen deprivation therapy-driven suppressed men compared with nonsuppressed men affected by prostate cancer.16–18 A recently published study also found that the antiandrogen enzalutamide suppressed SARS-CoV-2 entry into human lung cells.19 Furthermore, dutasteride, a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor commonly used to treat benign prostate hyperplasia and androgenetic alopecia by suppressing DHT production, has been previously observed to reduce symptoms and severity of COVID-19.20 21 Findings from the NCT04729491 trial, a double-blinded, placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial, found that early antiandrogen therapy with dutasteride has been shown to reduce COVID-19 viral shedding, inflammatory responses and time-to-remission.22 A cohort of 32 men with median age of 52 undergoing testosterone replacement therapy diagnosed with COVID-19 showed a very high hospitalisation (62.5%) and fatality rate (9.4%).23

It makes sense, steroids play havoc on your immune system as it is and considering many people who take them are overworking their body on a daily basis for the "gains", their immune system is in a constant weakened state.  Runners have been talking about over training since the onset of covid as it's well known in that community that pushing yourself too hard will temporarily weaken your immune system, but while I'm sure plenty in the bodybuilding community are aware the side effects, I doubt many of them truly care considering their acceptance to do permanent damage as it is.

41 minutes ago, SimpleG said:
pmc-logo-share.png?_=0
WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

A severe case of COVID-19 was observed in an otherwise healthy 28-year-old man who had taken oxandrolone 40 mg/day as an anabolic steroid. The patient had been taking oxandrolone for enhanced bodybuilding 30 days prior to presenting to an outpatient ...

@kaberle

2021_09_28-covid_01_hires.jpg?w=1024
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Without mandates to get a shot, some film and TV sets have been thrown into chaos as A-list holdouts have caused work stoppages while others say, “It’s not my place to police anyone.”

But some actors like Giancarlo Esposito are hoping that the unvaccinated simply avoid sets while the delta variant rages. “If you don’t want to vaccinate, go to a small island and sequester yourself,” the Mandalorian and Better Call Saul actor says. “[Otherwise] you’re saying ‘Fuck you’ to all you other human beings. We all have to do it if we want to live. I don’t understand how people don’t vaccinate. For me, I’ve lost dear friends, so I know it’s real. Not only in Europe but in America, friends who were completely healthy and uncompromised. The vaccine is the answer. I’m not downing anyone who doesn’t want to vaccinate. Don’t work. Go ride it out somewhere where you’re not going to compromise anyone else if you get it.”

최고 Giancarlo Esposito GIF들 | Gfycat

211006181547-pfizer-vaccine-file-super-t
WWW.CNN.COM

Two real-world studies published Wednesday confirm that the immune protection offered by two doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine drops off after two months or so, although protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death remains strong.

Two real-world studies published Wednesday confirm that the immune protection offered by two doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine drops off after two months or so, although protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death remains strong.

The studies, from Israel and from Qatar and published in the New England Journal of Medicine, support arguments that even fully vaccinated people need to maintain precautions against infection.

One study from Israel covered 4,800 health care workers and showed antibody levels wane rapidly after two doses of vaccine "especially among men, among persons 65 years of age or older, and among persons with immunosuppression."

211006-los-angeles-pfizer-vaccination-ac
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Cases of myocarditis were usually mild, and they occurred mostly in young males three to five days after the second dose, according to researchers in Israel.

Getting at least one dose of the Pfizer vaccine increased the risk of a rare type of heart inflammation, especially in young males, according to a large new study from researchers in Israel. However, the diagnosed cases were usually mild, and most of the patients were sent home without ongoing need for treatment.

The condition, called myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, has been reported in a very small number of people who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna mRNA vaccines. Symptoms can include chest pain, palpitations and shortness of breath. Most patients who get care recover quickly.

The study, which was published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine, looked only at people who received doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Researchers identified 54 cases of myocarditis among more than 2.5 million people ages 16 years and older who got at least one dose of the Pfizer vaccine. All but three of them occurred in males. Ages were from 21 to 35, with a median of 27.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
211006181547-pfizer-vaccine-file-super-t
WWW.CNN.COM

211006-los-angeles-pfizer-vaccination-ac
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Cases of myocarditis were usually mild, and they occurred mostly in young males three to five days after the second dose, according to researchers in Israel.

Well I got a booster end of July, so what I'm reading is get another Pfizer booster end of this month and then get a Moderna the next time I'm in NJ where they can't track my California vaccinations. :daydream:

1 hour ago, vaxick said:

It makes sense, steroids play havoc on your immune system as it is and considering many people who take them are overworking their body on a daily basis for the "gains", their immune system is in a constant weakened state.  Runners have been talking about over training since the onset of covid as it's well known in that community that pushing yourself too hard will temporarily weaken your immune system, but while I'm sure plenty in the bodybuilding community are aware the side effects, I doubt many of them truly care considering their acceptance to do permanent damage as it is.

I don't do roids but I regularly get the cold chills and trembling at night from pushing myself at the gym at least twice a week. I... can't not push myself. 

So...the least important part of immune protection wanes, and the important stuff stays.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Well I got a booster end of July, so what I'm reading is get another Pfizer booster end of this month and then get a Moderna the next time I'm in NJ where they can't track my California vaccinations. :daydream:

You’re going to get 5 shots in total?

• Like 1