2020 Oscar Noms are in

SaysWho?

So overall not a lot of surprises until the end, but man, Parasite winning big makes me so happy. It’s fun following award shows like this. If you don’t like the winners, you can say “oh it’s just some stupid industry award. Who cares?” But that doesn’t stop me from getting excited when the good shit wins.

16 minutes ago, Brick said:

So aside from some initial snubs in the nominations, it doesn't seem like there were any upsets. 

1917 was considered a significant front runner for both Picture and Director. Parasite was second in both categories, but I'd still consider those wins to be upsets.

Upsets that I'm quite happy about. 

49 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

1917 was considered a significant front runner for both Picture and Director. Parasite was second in both categories, but I'd still consider those wins to be upsets.

Upsets that I'm quite happy about. 

I mean upset in the sense that we're all left wondering how something one over another, like how last year we were all wondering how the fuck Bohemian Rhapsody won best editing. 

34 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was disappointed in this clip: the full question off the bat was, "Why did you decide to have the film in Korean when you had other films in English?" Then he talks about how his film Snowpiercer had similar themes but in English, and he wanted to explore characters around his own daily life set in Korea.

46 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was disappointed in this clip: the full question off the bat was, "Why did you decide to have the film in Korean when you had other films in English?" Then he talks about how his film Snowpiercer had similar themes but in English, and he wanted to explore characters around his own daily life set in Korea.

Wow we got fake news'd 

8 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

It's a dumb question either way. He's got like what, one English movie?

10 hours ago, Brick said:

I mean upset in the sense that we're all left wondering how something one over another, like how last year we were all wondering how the fuck Bohemian Rhapsody won best editing. 

Renée Zellweger winning was probably an upset but I don't think anyone cared enough to fight for the other candidates.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's a dumb question either way. He's got like what, one English movie?

It's actually a fair question. His last two movies were English language films, so I don't think it's all that weird to ask him why he wanted to go Korean for Parasite. The question should lend itself to an answer about why he felt the change back to his native language worked better for this movie, even if it might have hurt his potential box office draw. He also risked his chances for some wins come awards season since foreign language films often have a harder time winning.

Eh...I think it's a fine question to ask, even if it sounds dumb out of context.