What We Do in the Shadows (FX/Hulu) - Season 5 debuts on 13 July 2023

Loved the movie (watch it on Netflix now if you haven’t) Now it’s a tv a series on FX and it’s pretty close to matching the movie. Haven’t seen any of the original cast make an appearance but the new cast is pretty great. Even bring in new vampires that feed off your energy by cornering you and boring you to near death at work, or off people just arguing. 

We've been enjoying it so far. The pilot is very much a B version of the movie, but I think as it strays farther from the film it becomes easier to appreciate the show on its own merits.

So if you loved the movie and feel let down at first, I'd suggest you stick with it. There have only been four episodes so far, and I think they keep getting better.

45 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

:clap:. Those cameos lol.  Funny they went by real names but we're in vampire character.

Who was Rob they referred to that wasn't there?  I can't remember that reference

Rob Pattinson of Twilight.

They had at one time Alexander Skarsgard down but was filming in Australia and had to drop out. Brad Pitt was also contacted and he too was apparently down to doing it until scheduling problems in L.A. (Show is filmed in Toronto) Tilda Swinton was on board from the get go, as they became friends when both their vampire films debuted at SXSW IN 2014. Clement said they didn’t even try for Cruise but he did say that it could change with a 2nd season getting the green light. Same goes for all the actors mentioned in the show, that were no shows.

Yeah considering there is a season 2, the plot threads left going forward, and considering how game Brad & Tom are, that would be insanity! I wonder who else they could get haha

That episode was perhaps THE best episode of television I have yet seen all year, legitimately.

9 hours ago, Firewithin said:

Ohhhh twilight. Yah that stuff was blocked out which is why it didn't click lol

If Pitt did that dumb little cameo in deadpool I can see him being a good sport for this if it was worked

Yeah he’s always down for dumb stuff. Remember he did that bit for Jackass where he was in the bear costume. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, johnny said:

The idea of an energy vampire is also fucking gold 

Everytime he makes the Vampire face at the camera after draining someone it gets me 😂

3 episodes in an honestly I think I love the TV vampires way more than the Movie ones. The werewolf episode was amazing. Although i was a bit disappointed Rhys Darby didn’t show up lol

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...