Next Star Wars film saga to be set in High Republic era.

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

So this is about the Benioff and Weiss series? Sure seems suspect.

If it is true, I'm fine with the setting. There is such a wide range of what could be done that the setting alone is far from enough to have any expectation of if it would be any good or not.

Apparently multiple sources have confirmed. Also ties in with Project Luminous, a multi-media storyline starting this year about a group of Jedi who travel into the Unknown Regions 400 years pre-ANH. Benioff and Weiss were involved initially with starting the new film saga in this period, but have parted with Lucasfilm. Only people confirmed to be making movies right now are Rian Johnson and Kevin Feige, I believe.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

“Regular” people hang with Force users pretty regularly in Clone Wars, Rebels, etc., and it’s fine.

Also people get hit with lightsabers pretty regularly in Clone Wars, Rebels, and even RotJ without getting dismembered, and it’s also fine.

I know. I was being sarcastic. 

https://screenrant.com/knights-old-republic-movie-tv-show-rumors/

According to FandomWire, a Knights of the Old Republic movie and TV show are in development. From the sound of things, neither will be an adaptation of the fan-favorite video games, instead telling other stories set in that era (nearly 4,000 years before A New Hope). Screen Rant has reached out for comment and will update this space accordingly.