The 11 Most Disappointing Third Films in Trilogies

9 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah it was a weird knee brace. He kicked through a brick pillar with it, which was weird that even happened when it's not like he kicked Bane's face off with that force. 

Movie has problems, but I still enjoy it. 

He didn't kick him with that kind of force because he didn't kick him. Batman mostly fought by scaring enemies or using his hands.

Bane is also someone who can break materials with his bare hands.

ovhXnra.gif

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

He didn't kick him with that kind of force because he didn't kick him. Batman mostly fought by scaring enemies or using his hands.

Bane is also someone who can break materials with his bare hands.

ovhXnra.gif

I know he didn't kick him. That's the point :p

On 12/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Some of those movies are good, just not as good as what came before in their trilogies. Others are indeed trash, but the entire list is obvious.

Time has been kind to The Matrix Revolutions, The Dark Knight Rises, The Godfather Part III and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. The rest are garbage, more or less.

Perhaps, but if we're ranking them as disappointments, then you're taking the context into consideration. TDKR, Godfather III, and T3 were all sequels to instant classics, and Revolutions was slightly removed from one. Watch Godfather III by itself and it's a fine film, but watch it after the first two makes it a rather disappointing experience.

With that in mind I'd put Alien 3 on this list as well. It's not terrible, but it's a big disappointment after the first two.

Maybe it's just recency bias, but Glass should also probably be on this list. I wouldn't consider either of the first two classics, but as a culmination to a trilogy that wasn't obviously a trilogy, it was a real let down.

27 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Perhaps, but if we're ranking them as disappointments, then you're taking the context into consideration. TDKR, Godfather III, and T3 were all sequels to instant classics, and Revolutions was slightly removed from one. Watch Godfather III by itself and it's a fine film, but watch it after the first two makes it a rather disappointing experience.

With that in mind I'd put Alien 3 on this list as well. It's not terrible, but it's a big disappointment after the first two.

Maybe it's just recency bias, but Glass should also probably be on this list. I wouldn't consider either of the first two classics, but as a culmination to a trilogy that wasn't obviously a trilogy, it was a real let down.

Yeah, I'd agree with all of that. :)

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Agreed.

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

But he barely kicks in action sequences is my point. :confused: 

I think we're going in circles here lol

I'm just pointing out that I remember people complaining about that thing because they show him get this knee brace that looks to give his leg super strength strong enough to kick bricks to rubble, and they complained that he never once used that kind of strength against Bane when it seems like it would be useful. 

I didn't really care honestly, and the point of that bit was to show, "hey look he can move his leg again and won't need to limp around", but yeah maybe don't have him kick a wall out. 

47 minutes ago, Brick said:

I think we're going in circles here lol

I'm just pointing out that I remember people complaining about that thing because they show him get this knee brace that looks to give his leg super strength strong enough to kick bricks to rubble, and they complained that he never once used that kind of strength against Bane when it seems like it would be useful. 

I didn't really care honestly, and the point of that bit was to show, "hey look he can move his leg again and won't need to limp around", but yeah maybe don't have him kick a wall out. 

Kicking a wall out wasn't a problem. Plenty of martial artists demonstrate their skill by breaking boards and concrete bricks. That doesn't mean they can punch a hole in a human being. The point of him kicking the wall was to show he was back to 100% and that his leg was functional... not that he was suddenly bionic. I swear the internet has made idiots out of us all :p

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Kicking a wall out wasn't a problem. Plenty of martial artists demonstrate their skill by breaking boards and concrete bricks. That doesn't mean they can punch a hole in a human being. The point of him kicking the wall was to show he was back to 100% and that his leg was functional... not that he was suddenly bionic. I swear the internet has made idiots out of us all :p

Well then blame them for putting the idea in my head! The Internet ruins everything. 

• Haha 1