Jump to content

The Nationals, owned by richest man in Maryland, asks fans to pay for assistant GM’s cancer treatment.


Jason
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Jason changed the title to The Nationals, owned by richest man in Maryland, asks fans to pay for assistant GM’s cancer treatment.
1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's not like anyone is asking him to pay for everyone's medical bills, but the right thing to do is to take care of your people.

I’m thinking a assistant GM in MLB has to have great insurance along with a great annual salary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slug said:

An employee starts a GoFundMe page and their employer uses their considerable platform to boost the signal and people are giving them crap?  :|  I don't think my company would do the same for me.

“I’m a billionaire and instead of helping my employee out during this hard time, please consider donating what you can from your laughable salaries to help him live”

 

Granted the social media team and the ownership never interact, but it should never even get to the point where he has to make a gofundme. Your freaking assistant GM has lackluster healthcare. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

“I’m a billionaire and instead of helping my employee out during this hard time, please consider donating what you can from your laughable salaries to help him live”

 

Granted the social media team and the ownership never interact, but it should never even get to the point where he has to make a gofundme. Your freaking assistant GM has lackluster healthcare. 

 

Couldn't you say this about almost literally anyone who is employed by a corporation and starts a GoFundMe page?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Slug said:

Couldn't you say this about almost literally anyone who is employed by a corporation and starts a GoFundMe page?

If this is true how does this take anything away from *this* guy having to start a gofundme? He has poor healthcare. Capitalism sucks. Healthcare sucks. La La Land sucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, johnny said:

If this is true how does this take anything away from *this* guy having to start a gofundme? He has poor healthcare. Capitalism sucks. Healthcare sucks. La La Land sucks. 

I don't disagree.  I just don't see how it's a specific knock on the Nationals or the Lerners.  They did more than most companies do by advertising the fundraiser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Slug said:

I don't disagree.  I just don't see how it's a specific knock on the Nationals or the Lerners.  They did more than most companies do by advertising the fundraiser.

Just because they did something that can do good doesn’t mean they did what they should. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, johnny said:

If this is true how does this take anything away from *this* guy having to start a gofundme? He has poor healthcare. Capitalism sucks. Healthcare sucks. La La Land sucks. 

 

He has poor healthcare? Why's that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think at first blush is looks worse than it actually is. Most of these sorts of experimental treatments are never covered by insurance, including in countries where health insurance is either completely or mostly covered by the state.

 

If the treatments are free, it’s because research grants covered the cost to the patient.

 

It isn’t really a capitalism sucks scenario, or his health insurance sucks scenario.

 

I would though hope that a business owner would be first in line to give towards such a cause for one of their employees, relative to their means. Maybe the Nationals owner did? I’ve had dozens of employees have large expenses of various types come up that my wife and I have personally helped with because that’s just the right thing to do for the people who afford us the life we have.

 

Unfortunately many see it the other way around, that the business owner affords their employees the life that they live. Screw that noise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...