Steam Winter Sale 2019

Keyser_Soze

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Winter Sale is on now. Less enthusiasm than previous years probably but there are quests you can do to get an easy $5 off!

Nope, not easy.  If you do every quest in the sale, you won't even get 2/5ths the way to the $5 off coupon.  You'll need to spend at least $31 more in real money to get it.  (not even previous to sale wallet funds!) On the positive side, you still get cards from the discovery queue and voting for the Steam awards.  I made an easy buck the first day of the sale from that.

I'm holding off on buying anything until most of the Epic store freebies are out.  Getting vanilla Division 2 for $5 is probably the best deal across both storefronts as of now.

Some new historical lows that might be worth checking out:

<= $5
- Islanders $2.49
- Age of Empires Definitive Edition $5

- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon $4.99
- A Robot Named Fight $2.19
- State of Decay $2.99
- Flinthook $2.99
- Stranger Things 3: The Game $4.99
- Mages of Mystralia $4.99

<= $10
- Hellblade $9.99
- Elite Dangerous $5.99

- Siralim Triology Bundle $5.57

- Session $9.99

A few <$3 games that match historical lows:
- Anodyne $0.99
- Ryse: Son of Rome $2.99

- Spectraball $0.49
- Crypt of the Necrodancer $2.99

- Valley $1.99
- Portal Bundle $1.49-

- World to the West $2.99

- Downward $2.99

- The Swapper $2.24
- Divinity Anthology $2.99
- Poi $1.99

There's some gems, but overall, it's a really poor sale for anyone wanting anything AAA to newly drop under $10. I might hoard some store credit for when the console generation shifts.

I have almost 600 games on Steam alone. 

yes. 600. 

I no longer participate in steam sales 😋 

569 to be exact “Maddux1012000” my Steam name for those who don’t believe me lol

Everytime I browse my library I’m shocked at what I have and have many times almost bought games I own. Thankfully I see “Game is in your library” message when I try 

1 hour ago, maddux4163 said:

I have almost 600 games on Steam alone. 

yes. 600. 

I no longer participate in steam sales 😋 

569 to be exact “Maddux1012000” my Steam name for those who don’t believe me lol

Everytime I browse my library I’m shocked at what I have and have many times almost bought games I own. Thankfully I see “Game is in your library” message when I try 

Scrub! :talkhand:

I have 1,177 (Or maybe more? Library says 1376)

7 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

Dude. We some hoarders up on here. Never in “real life” do I know anyone with 100 games on steam 😂🤣

I have almost 600. You guys double me. My physical collection is equivalent. It’s all just sad. Or honestly, it’s all AMAZING 

Bundles, giveaways & marketplace credit.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I get that problem when I see a game on sale and say, "Hey I should pick that up!" and look and I already have it. :/

"Oh man, that game looks friggin awesome! I can not wait to try it ou...*clicks* oh, it's been in my library for 3 years and I played it for 15 minutes...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys make me feel good. I certainly have less than 100 steam games and I make a concerted effort to finish each one (if I don’t dislike the game). I certainly fall short of that, but I have a list of games I really want to experience and it helps to temper my impulse desire when a new game comes out that I’m interested in. 

I often play games that are, 10-30 years old as well, and I often enjoy them as much as a new release, so I think that helps. 

That’s not to say I don’t have an unreasonable backlog, but if I had like 500 and my wife found out she would certainly not be pleased lol.

6 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

You guys make me feel good. I certainly have less than 100 steam games and I make a concerted effort to finish each one (if I don’t dislike the game). I certainly fall short of that, but I have a list of games I really want to experience and it helps to temper my impulse desire when a new game comes out that I’m interested in. 

I often play games that are, 10-30 years old as well, and I often enjoy them as much as a new release, so I think that helps. 

That’s not to say I don’t have an unreasonable backlog, but if I had like 500 and my wife found out she would certainly not be pleased lol.

This is why you need a wife who shares your hobby. ;) 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

The size of my library never feels bad for me.  Because I mostly buy PC games for cheap in bundles, or straight up for free by exploiting Valve’s marketplace (a good $40 earned a year).  There’s also been more than a few dozen games given away free this year. 

All this has caused me to dramatically reduce my gaming budget in total.  I spend about $60 a year on the PC side, for dozens of games. With all I have to play, I almost never buy console games new anymore either.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is why you need a wife who shares your hobby. ;) 

Haha she told me long after we had been dating a while that she never imagined dating someone who plays video games and in fact would have been turned off by such a person. I’ve since introduced her to a lot of games that she enjoys, and I chirp at her a lot about plots or mechanics I find interesting. She struggles with dual analog controls though, so it limits what she can play on her own. 

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

The size of my library never feels bad for me.  Because I mostly buy PC games for cheap in bundles, or straight up for free by exploiting Valve’s marketplace (a good $40 earned a year).  There’s also been more than a few dozen games given away free this year. 

All this has caused me to dramatically reduce my gaming budget in total.  I spend about $60 a year on the PC side, for dozens of games. With all I have to play, I almost never buy console games new anymore either.

I just don’t have time to invest in that many games. 

41 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I just don’t have time to invest in that many games. 

I don’t either, to be fair.  But it’s not like a digital library takes up shelf space.

I’ve always got 8 games in a ‘Play Soon’ playlist.  I’ll swap out what sounds interesting from the backlog as soon as I’m done with a game.  That way, there’s no pressure seeing the library number get bigger.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Bright Memory caught my eye too but I don't like that it's Early Access so I might wait.

Eh.,. I just know if I don’t pick it up now, it could be years before I’d purchase it due to price bumps.  Did the same with Black Mesa.

I’ll always regret not picking up that bundle with Cross Code and the classic Duke games a few years back.  Think it was $5.  Would have been so much cheaper.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

First year I’ve bought nothing from these sales. 

Epic left very little on the plate for me this year.  What hasn’t been given away there just isn’t discounted enough on Steam.  I’m mainly just picking up the scraps that dared to discount to new/uncommon lows.

I really miss the flash deals.  They should do a major sale at some point that’s just those.