Fallon Sherrock Becomes First Woman to Beat a Man at Darts

Keyser_Soze

Fallon Sherrock has made darts history, beating Ted Evetts 3-2 to become the first woman to beat a man at the PDC world championship. The 25-year-old hit six 180s and landed a 91.12 average on her way to her first-round win, sealed with a nerveless double 18 that sent Alexandra Palace into raptures.

“I’m speechless, I don’t know what to say,” an emotional Sherrock said on stage afterwards. “I feel really happy because I have proven something for women’s darts, that women can play the men and beat them, so fingers crossed this is a move in the right direction. I’m over the moon, I can’t believe it!”

Sherrock is the fifth woman to take part in the men’s PDC world championship, and the fourth since a qualification pathway was created for women last year. That move ensured two places among the 96-strong field each year would go to female players.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/17/fallon-sherrock-makes-history-pdc-world-darts-first-woman-win-ted-evetts