Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Flight Simulator looks photo realistic. Just tried that out today. I'm still trying numerous games out and it's been a lot of fun.

Is there a way to load Flight Simulator up and just fly around with super easy controls? My son saw there was a flying game and got really excited. I'm like I don't know man I don't think it's really a kids game. Maybe I'll try digging in to see if it's got any fun for him. 

5 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Is there a way to load Flight Simulator up and just fly around with super easy controls? My son saw there was a flying game and got really excited. I'm like I don't know man I don't think it's really a kids game. Maybe I'll try digging in to see if it's got any fun for him. 

Yes, you can start right up immediately and just have fun flying. Extremely simple controls with stunning visuals. Your son could easily handle it but it's obviously not arcadey. You basically watch the plane fly itself with you accelerating, braking, steering ( slowly!) changing camera views, and adjusting the back wings. I'm not sure how much fun he'll have but it's definitely playable for a child.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, silentbob said:

That would be my big complaint for them as well. Do a lot of late night gaming and have woken my sister because I forgot that the TV volume was still on. I love the bass on the headphones, even after dialling them down in the equalizer. If you don’t it will rattle your skull like a maraca 

I just got the headset today along with the 20th anniversary see through and green controller & 1Tb SSD HD extension {Ouch}! I was wondering do you leave it on the default in settings or have you purchased the DTSx and / or Dolby Atmos ones? I haven't done anything with the headset but updating and charging / pairing. I will go into the EQ tonight? I think the Atmos sub is 14 bucks and the DTSx is 19.99? Does anyone have time with these at all and are they worth it?

I think my Atmos trial is over with my headset, but it was handy a few times playing COD online. A few times playing in Nuketown, I could hear opponents above me and I was ready for their attempted ambush. Other then that, I haven’t really noticed much recently. So again, trial might be over or I just notice the effect as much anymore. I just know I can’t wait until I finally have a working Atmos Home Theatre receiver again for my games and my ever growing backlog of movies. 

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

I think my Atmos trial is over with my headset, but it was handy a few times playing COD online. A few times playing in Nuketown, I could hear opponents above me and I was ready for their attempted ambush. Other then that, I haven’t really noticed much recently. So again, trial might be over or I just notice the effect as much anymore. I just know I can’t wait until I finally have a working Atmos Home Theatre receiver again for my games and my ever growing backlog of movies. 

I have a full 7.2.4 SVS Ultra Dolby Atmos set up now with an LGC1 83" center stage in our home theater now. It's a work in progress still as I'm still waiting for the perfect Receiver! Right now I'm pretty set on the new Onkyo RZ-50 but it's out of stock everywhere. I just added an outlaw 7000 7ch 145 watt per channel AMP for the 7 floor speakers and when I get it the Onkyo will only need to power the 4 SVS Prime Elevations Atmos Height speakers. The x2 SVS SB-1000 Subs are now dialed in an shake the room perfectly in tandem. I decided to wait out the 2020 receivers with all the HDMI 2.1 bugs and there shoddy workarounds etc. The new 2021/2022 ones now are just coming out are out of the box good to go for true 4k/120, VRR, dolby vision, low latency pass through 2,1 hdmi for 30 series graphics cards, VRR, Series X and PS5. The Onkyo Rz-50 is a 9channel receiver but processes 11 and I need the 11 channels now. I'm close, got to just get the new receiver and then get wire hiding baseboards to pimp it all in and I'm rocking my dream set up finally. I'm only using a 7.2 right now.

Home theater pic #1   Pic #2 Still have to hand the 4 Height speakers too, they'll go up on the from wall about 7 ft above the towers slightly turned towards the listening area. The svs prime elevations are fantastic if your looking for Atmos heights still. The pictured Svs Ultra towers are absolute monsters as is the Svs Ultra Center, I have Svs Prime Pinnacle as my rear surrounds { Over kill but oh well....lol } and Svs Ultra surrounds as my Side surrounds. Adding the amp was such a HUGE improvement, I was blown away how much it helps speakers come alive, not volume really though it has that now in spades but just fidelity and increased separation and clarity. I'dlove to see your set up and know what receiver your going with, etc??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HardAct said:

I have a full 7.2.4 SVS Ultra Dolby Atmos set up now with an LGC1 83" center stage in our home theater now. It's a work in progress still as I'm still waiting for the perfect Receiver! Right now I'm pretty set on the new Onkyo RZ-50 but it's out of stock everywhere. I just added an outlaw 7000 7ch 145 watt per channel AMP for the 7 floor speakers and when I get it the Onkyo will only need to power the 4 SVS Prime Elevations Atmos Height speakers. The x2 SVS SB-1000 Subs are now dialed in an shake the room perfectly in tandem. I decided to wait out the 2020 receivers with all the HDMI 2.1 bugs and there shoddy workarounds etc. The new 2021/2022 ones now are just coming out are out of the box good to go for true 4k/120, VRR, dolby vision, low latency pass through 2,1 hdmi for 30 series graphics cards, VRR, Series X and PS5. The Onkyo Rz-50 is a 9channel receiver but processes 11 and I need the 11 channels now. I'm close, got to just get the new receiver and then get wire hiding baseboards to pimp it all in and I'm rocking my dream set up finally. I'm only using a 7.2 right now.

Home theater pic #1   Pic #2 Still have to hand the 4 Height speakers too, they'll go up on the from wall about 7 ft above the towers slightly turned towards the listening area. The svs prime elevations are fantastic if your looking for Atmos heights still. The pictured Svs Ultra towers are absolute monsters as is the Svs Ultra Center, I have Svs Prime Pinnacle as my rear surrounds { Over kill but oh well....lol } and Svs Ultra surrounds as my Side surrounds. Adding the amp was such a HUGE improvement, I was blown away how much it helps speakers come alive, not volume really though it has that now in spades but just fidelity and increased separation and clarity. I'dlove to see your set up and know what receiver your going with, etc??

I’m over 4 months now, waiting on my new Denon x6700 receiver to come in. Ordered on August 28th and still hasn’t arrived. originally looking at the new Yamaha A6A receiver but kept saying shipping delays. Where I ordered said a couple weeks from their own Canadian warehouse in a couple weeks, but that was a lie. My current Marantz sr7010 has died on me and is nothing more then a huge HDMI switch to my tv. I would of loved playing Guardians on my JVC NX7 4K projector(would love to upgrade to the new laser 4K VRR proj one day)but I can barely get a basic 2.0 Dolby sound to play without crapping out on me on my 5.2.4 Atmos setup, but going 7.2.4 with new receiver. I just wish I wasn’t a hodge lodge of speakers, but it does the job and makes me happy. Enjoy the new tv

On 1/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, silentbob said:

I’m over 4 months now, waiting on my new Denon x6700 receiver to come in. Ordered on August 28th and still hasn’t arrived. originally looking at the new Yamaha A6A receiver but kept saying shipping delays. Where I ordered said a couple weeks from their own Canadian warehouse in a couple weeks, but that was a lie. My current Marantz sr7010 has died on me and is nothing more then a huge HDMI switch to my tv. I would of loved playing Guardians on my JVC NX7 4K projector(would love to upgrade to the new laser 4K VRR proj one day)but I can barely get a basic 2.0 Dolby sound to play without crapping out on me on my 5.2.4 Atmos setup, but going 7.2.4 with new receiver. I just wish I wasn’t a hodge lodge of speakers, but it does the job and makes me happy. Enjoy the new tv

NEW 2022 Onkyo RZ-50 Review

Not trying to change your mind here at all friend, I'm just saying check out the reviews of the new Onkyo RZ-50's. You and I are in the same boat we need 11 channels processed so the Denon 6800xt was what I was going to buy too but it was a 2020 receiver with work arounds AT BEST for 4k / 120, VRR, Dolby vision, etc. It's a great receiver and I was sold, but now finally the newer receivers are coming out finally 2022 and the Onkyo is 1000 bucks cheaper too with really great reviews. I have a Onkyo right now but just 7 channels. also Denon is also coming out with a whole new line too. These are all coming out with the correct chips inside for HDMI 2.1 and that's really important with the newer graphics cards and both  newest consoles. All the receivers in 2020 have issues passing HDMI 2.1 4k/120 through with 40-48ghz band with with the added features of 2.1, ALL OF THEM. So just a heads up man really, good luck and enjoy that 7.2.4

9 hours ago, HardAct said:

NEW 2022 Onkyo RZ-50 Review

Not trying to change your mind here at all friend, I'm just saying check out the reviews of the new Onkyo RZ-50's. You and I are in the same boat we need 11 channels processed so the Denon 6800xt was what I was going to buy too but it was a 2020 receiver with work arounds AT BEST for 4k / 120, VRR, Dolby vision, etc. It's a great receiver and I was sold, but now finally the newer receivers are coming out finally 2022 and the Onkyo is 1000 bucks cheaper too with really great reviews. I have a Onkyo right now but just 7 channels. also Denon is also coming out with a whole new line too. These are all coming out with the correct chips inside for HDMI 2.1 and that's really important with the newer graphics cards and both  newest consoles. All the receivers in 2020 have issues passing HDMI 2.1 4k/120 through with 40-48ghz band with with the added features of 2.1, ALL OF THEM. So just a heads up man really, good luck and enjoy that 7.2.4

HDMI board issue has been resolved with the receivers. Anything released after this past May will have the fixed HDMI board installed. I was a bit worried on that too, and partly why I was originally looking at the Yamaha A6A to purchase. I have 3 years coverage on the system and if anything goes wrong. The store won’t fix but replace it with whatever model of the same specs by the brand or a competitor receiver. So I also have a little insurance that way and get my extended money back in store credit 

22 hours ago, best3444 said:

It's forced? I turned crossplay off in the settings. It still forces you to play against PC players? Wtf

Wait what settings did you turn crossplay off? Infinite doesn't have that in the settings.

On 1/11/2022 at 10:49 AM, Spork3245 said:

bUt CoNtRolLeRs R jUsT aS gOoD aS kB&m!!!11!!!

Halo Infinite gives controller payers a big advantage with the aim assist. Almost all KB&M players have made the switch to controller in multiplayer. Console players are complaining about the cheating on PC cuz currently there is no anti cheat in Halo.

Just now, The def star said:

Wait what settings did you turn crossplay off? Infinite doesn't have that in the settings.

Halo Infinite gives controller payers a big advantage with the aim assist. Almost all KB&M players have made the switch to controller in multiplayer. Console players are complaining about the cheating on PC cuz currently there is no anti cheat in Halo.

The crossplay setting on the Xbox is at the system level. 

52 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Interesting the wording for it says outside of Xbox. Does that mean the Xbox console or Xbox platform. Halo is available on the PC Game Pass which could be technically considered the Xbox platform so it doesn't exclude PC players but could just exclude Steam or Playstation players.

1 hour ago, The def star said:

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I turned it off in the Xbox settings so I assumed I would only play against Xbox players. I'm confused.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I turned it off in the Xbox settings so I assumed I would only play against Xbox players. I'm confused.

The one in the settings seems to be worded that you are turning off the ability to play with other networks. I don't think it disables PC players if they are playing games that require an Xbox account since that still part of the Xbox platform. Seems like it just disables Steam and Playstation players. 

25 minutes ago, The def star said:

The one in the settings seems to be worded that you are turning off the ability to play with other networks. I don't think it disables PC players if they are playing games that require an Xbox account since that still part of the Xbox platform. Seems like it just disables Steam and Playstation players. 

xbox-series-x-series-s-side-by-side-2.jp
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

Tired of getting smashed by mouse and keyboard players in games like Call of Duty or Sea of Thieves? You can effectively stop crossplay using this toggle on the Xbox system OS...

That is not how I read it. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
xbox-series-x-series-s-side-by-side-2.jp
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

Tired of getting smashed by mouse and keyboard players in games like Call of Duty or Sea of Thieves? You can effectively stop crossplay using this toggle on the Xbox system OS...

That is not how I read it. 

That could be how it was supposed to work but it looks like that has changed. If you go the the Xbox settings to disable cross platform it's not worded like that anymore. It says nothing about PC. 

xbox-crossplay-toggle-guide_2.jpg

Now it says this

PXL-20220113-010952221.jpg

It has changed to now say Xbox. That could still mean PC.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The def star said:

That could be how it was supposed to work but it looks like that has changed. If you go the the Xbox settings to disable cross platform it's not worded like that anymore. It says nothing about PC. 

xbox-crossplay-toggle-guide_2.jpg

Now it says this

PXL-20220113-010952221.jpg

It has changed to now say Xbox. That could still mean PC.

Interesting. Thanks.