Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t want to go back through a quote all the examples, but it is very clear that you yourself see a distinction. That’s why I’m wondering what you see as the value of the distinction. It seems to have no utility beyond telling people they are doing <insert activity> wrong.

The utility isn't in telling someone they're doing something wrong, it's knowing what is better, wanting better for them, and suggesting as much. My original post was simply positing wonder at the choice a person would make financially to choose an XSX over a PC at this point in time if one were a "serious" gamer beyond legitimate reasons like money or family sharing. That was really the extent of it. It wasn't about telling anyone the way they are doing something is wrong, it was about when being presented with two choices, why wouldn't one do the PC, which has all the XSX stuff, rather than XSX, which is good but doesn't have all the PC stuff (by a wide margin). My original post had nothing to do with pointing fingers at anybody, merely wondering aloud and making a point about the distinction when faced with such a choice at purchase.

6 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Why not? If you buy the walmart special and I buy $5000 bike but your at every race and every meet, you ride that shit rain or shine but I only ride mine twice a month on a Saturday am I the more serious rider?

The "serious " or enthusiast is has so many versions

I am gamer enthusiast and PC hardware enthusiast or a serious gamer if you like. @GameDadGrant many plays on mostly on portable hardware and I am sure hes just as serious  as I am  . People like @CastlevaniaNut18 who is a retro enthusiast , she can run circles around my gaming history knowledge is she a more serious gamer?

I can afford a  GT350 but I drive a Kia Stinger , the uptick in price is just not worth it for me to gain 8/10th second in quarter. 

Again, the original post was about simple, basic hardware selection, when presented with a choice between two options when one is clearly better and you take what you do seriously with regard to it. It doesn't mean you're "wrong" or "less than" if you choose an XSX over a PC, just that that choice confounds me is all. It wasn't a debate about the distinctions that arbitrarily make one a "serious" gamer or not as some label. 

Again, I will not be commenting on this further. If people want to discuss further (always happy to, I enjoy discourse), please PM me instead at this point. :p 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

The utility isn't in telling someone they're doing something wrong, it's knowing what is better, wanting better for them, and suggesting as much. My original post was simply positing wonder at the choice a person would make financially to choose an XSX over a PC at this point in time if one were a "serious" gamer beyond legitimate reasons like money or family sharing. That was really the extent of it. It wasn't about telling anyone the way they are doing something is wrong, it was about when being presented with two choices, why wouldn't one do the PC, which has all the XSX stuff, rather than XSX, which is good but doesn't have all the PC stuff (by a wide margin). My original post had nothing to do with pointing fingers at anybody, merely wondering aloud and making a point about the distinction when faced with such a choice at purchase.

Again, the original post was about simple, basic hardware selection, when presented with a choice between two options when one is clearly better and you take what you do seriously with regard to it. It doesn't mean you're "wrong" or "less than" if you choose an XSX over a PC, just that that choice confounds me is all. 

lol  the series X will be more powerful then 90% of the pc's out in the wild and you go fault someone for going with the series X GTFO

15 minutes ago, TomCat said:

I've never obsessed  over exclusives because the Majority of the games I play are Multiplats  and no matter how you fuckers feel  PC is Microsoft and I will never change my opinion of that

You obsess over whatever Microsoft does in the gaming space, including their studios.

I’ve never seen you talk up a multi-platform publisher.  Or pit one against another.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

You obsess over whatever Microsoft does in the gaming space, including their studios.

I’ve never seen you talk up a multi-platform publisher.  Or pit one against another.

Why do I need to? does that make me a lazy gamer

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

You don’t need to do anything.  It’s just weird to deny you don’t obsess over anything, when you do fixate on MS here.

Because I dont obsess.  Yall obsess over my statements trying to catch me in an Ah ha   moment.    I dont worry about your thoughts about me. My beliefs and Opinions are mine based on things I've read and seen.  I'm old enough to make my own opinions  and dot Follow the "so called"  Experts of the boards

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

You don’t need to do anything.  It’s just weird to deny you don’t obsess over exclusives, when you do fixate on MS here.

He literally said THIS:

44 minutes ago, TomCat said:

'Im the Granddaddy Fanboy for Xbox on this sight  EVERY thing JP said is a FACT. 

He's at least honest with his biases and preferences and doesn't pretend to be impartial in order to trash one brand or another (which is REALLY weird when you think about it :hmm:

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He literally said THIS:

He's at least honest with his biases and preferences and doesn't pretend to be impartial in order to trash one brand or another (which is REALLY weird when you think about it :hmm:

have you ever seen me in a Sony Thread Talking bad about them?

As a Game Pass subscriber I am vested very much in Microsoft putting out quality 1st party content.  As gamers I think we all should want their July show to be impressive.

They have some quality developers.  And seeing as they aren't locking their content to their hardware, just about every person on the board should be excited to see what they have to show.

30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He literally said THIS:

He's at least honest with his biases and preferences and doesn't pretend to be impartial in order to trash one brand or another (which is REALLY weird when you think about it )

‘I’m an Xbox fanboy, you just wait and watch for Microsoft to kick the shit out of Sony’s content.  But remember, I’m not obsessed about things being exclusives. Really!  Just remember that PC is Microsoft too, because that’s relevant here.’

It’s just him dancing around the fact that he does care about exclusivity.  As in, on a box running a Microsoft OS.

I don’t think Tomcat would be nearly as abrasive if all Microsoft’s games came to the PS5.  There would be no need to talk their games up while putting another manufacturer down.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

‘I’m an Xbox fanboy, you just wait and watch for Microsoft to kick the shit out of Sony’s content.  But remember, I’m not obsessed about things being exclusives. Really!  Just remember that PC is Microsoft too, because that’s relevant here.’

It’s just him dancing around the fact that he does care about exclusivity.  As in, on a box running a Microsoft OS.

I don’t think Tomcat would be nearly as abrasive if all Microsoft’s games came to the PS5.  There would be no need to talk their games up while putting another manufacturer down. 

lol saying MS is gonna puch sony in the mouth is not putting sony down.  M$ needs to get to Sonys level I've never denied this. they are there and beyond with the hardware not the software has to catch up

1 hour ago, TomCat said:

lol saying MS is gonna puch sony in the mouth is not putting sony down.  M$ needs to get to Sonys level I've never denied this. they are there and beyond with the hardware now the software has to catch up

It’s still the comparison that you felt a need to bring up.

Maybe be more like a Nintendo fan and just celebrate it when they do things right?  It’s a healthier outlook.

I personally don’t care if MS ever ‘catches’ Sony.  I just want them to be the best they can be, keep finding their niche, and more games of Psyconauts 2 uniqueness and the like.

It’s still the comparison that you felt the need to bring up.

Maybe be more like a Nintendo fan and just celebrate it when they do things right?  It’s a healthier outlook.

fuck you talking about?  saying sony will get punched in the mouth is not a damn comparison.  nintendo is great if I have kids but i dont they are grown so fuck nintendo from my point of view. If I said Crispy I'm going to punch you in the mouth that is not me comparing myself to you

Just now, TomCat said:

fuck you talking about?  saying sony will get punched in the mouth is not a damn comparison.  nintendo is great if I have kids but i dont they are grown so fuck nintendo from my point of view. If I said Crispy I'm going to punch you in the mouth that is not me comparing myself to you

You completely missed the point.  Oh well.

Every fanboy needs an opposing team to root against.

see thats where you wrong I dont have to root against anyone. I just support who i like with positivity  so thats why you see me talking up M$  I love their ecosystem  and the way Phil has run the division. He has done a Tremendous job but people wanna hate on him for some reason. He has fixed all the issues with xbox except first party games. That will be fixed soon very very soon. 

13 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Go Microsoft!  Smack Sony in the mouth!

yep Positivity on the side of M$. punching someone in the mouyh is not a negative thing. i quite enjoy it

and pretty much all of my claims for the series x is coming true even though you said NO at every comment

8 minutes ago, TomCat said:

yep Positivity on the side of M$. punching someone in the mouyh is not a negative thing. i quite enjoy it

and pretty much all of my claims for the series x is coming true even though you said NO at every comment

I’ve made my point about your cheerleading.  No need to jump into whatever can of worms you’d like to go next.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I’ve made my point about your cheerleading.  No need to jump into whatever can of worms you’d like to go next.

yep I wave my pom poms Strong  thats why I'm Admiral X but I also know what i'm talking about.  You always trying to make it seem like what i'm saying is Blasphemous 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah one of them is this game Hellpoint which is basically Dark Souls in space.

I played a demo of it on... ahem P.C. awhile ago :ana:

60 is a lot so i expect some to be old just glad they bringing them back. i dont remember the last time ive played a demo on xbox

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/xbox-is-holding-a-week-long-summer-games-fest-demo-event-with-over-60-games/?__twitter_impression=true

Just what games will be included in the massive demo event are unclear, but let's temper our expectations ahead of it - as the announcement points out, they won't be your usual game demos. "Typically, the demos you see in our Demo channel are created after the game is completed (or nearly completed) and represent the final version. Many of these demos are early, and some are for games that won't be out for quite some time." That means these games will shift and evolve quite a bit after their demo stage, which in many cases won't be indicative of the final cut. 

The demo event will run from Tuesday, July 21 to Monday, July 27 and is meant to act as a replacement for in-person demo events like E3, PAX, and Gamescom, all of which were cancelled due to COVID-19. "While we can't recreate the experience of attending a big show entirely, we can help you get your hands on lots of cool new games early," reads the official announcement.

Saying between 75 to 100 games.

12 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Gotta laugh at the headlines these sites are running with.  The general public reads this and just sees more powerful and run with it.

Don’t know about everyone else, but I’ve seen a ton of fake next-gen gaming headlines and the like on Google News lately.  Not even from reputable sites stirring shit with bad headlines, but from someone’s basement blog trying to grab attention.  I never click on the things.  It’s just fascinating that this stuff can surface to begin with.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Aren't Sony First Party's coming to PC too? Didn't I JUST see a PC review for Death Stranding? How come Sony is exempt from the whole "I can get this experience on PC" argument? And like I said, MS pushed the PC exosystem with Live as well. or did Steam have friends' lists and achievements before Xbox Live introduced all of that stuff? Wait... Steam didn't even EXIST before Live.

Death Stranding was always coming to PC and wasn't a first party game.

HZD on the other hand is.

8 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

X-Cloud, Facebook partnership, studio acquisitions, Game Pass, Xbox Adaptive controller, xbox play anywhere, Lockhart (Series S), Series X, and whatever else I forgot.

Is a facebook partnership really something to gloat about these days?

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

Fable on next gen would be awesome. They probably could pull off their initial vision with "Project Ego".

I already said this!

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So... I'm hearing rumors of Fable and Perfect Dark reboots anybody else hear this?

I'm kinda on board with Giant Bomb. If they made Perfect Dark a 3rd person spy game it would probably be pretty cool.

3 hours ago, SimpleG said:

@GameDadGrant many plays on mostly on portable hardware and I am sure hes just as serious  as I am 

@GameDadGrant is definitely not serious, he's a goofball!

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Aren't Sony First Party's coming to PC too? Didn't I JUST see a PC review for Death Stranding? How come Sony is exempt from the whole "I can get this experience on PC" argument?

Missed this earlier, but to answer your question... no, they’re not.

We’re all just here assuming they’ll go with timed exclusivity.  Or that select games might not get ported for whatever reason.

Its still a paradigm shift almost as big as when Microsoft committed all their games to PC.  If I were to guess, I’d expect Sony‘s games will generally take about as long as the Monster Hunter World, FFXV and RDR2 ports did. 

Some will say that’s a reason to get a console. That’s probably Sony’s calculation too.