Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Damn, he's got to have one hell of a psyche to be this sure of his opinions before we've literally seen anything. Sounds like a smart guy!

I think it's not smart to get this riled up about someone you don't know buying something you apparently don't want him to buy. :lol:

You'll get through this, I promise.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Yes, I'm absolutely devastated at the console choice of a stranger, and not just perplexed at what seems to be very premature decision making!

You literally just assumed a stranger was dumb after assuming his life story and tastes. :lol:

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You literally just assumed a stranger was dumb after assuming his life story and tastes. :lol:

I never assumed, nor do I care, about his life story or his taste. I assumed he was "dumb" (or at least bad at making choices, I never called him dumb) based on only what you've described. Which sounds like flounder-y nonsense about "he doesn't care about this the only thing he cares about are Sony exclusives." Which is weird, since Sony exclusives seem to change pretty wildly each generation. PS3 games were not like PS4 games and PS2 games were not like PS3 games. Sounds like dude is making wild assumptions with no real reason to do so.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

1 minute ago, number305 said:

This seems like an assumption on your part... 

Just now, Xbob42 said:

I never assumed, nor do I care, about his life story or his taste. I assumed he was "dumb" (or at least bad at making choices, I never called him dumb) based on only what you've described. Which sounds like flounder-y nonsense about "he doesn't care about this the only thing he cares about are Sony exclusives." Which is weird, since Sony exclusives seem to change pretty wildly each generation. PS3 games were not like PS4 games and PS2 games were not like PS3 games. Sounds like dude is making wild assumptions with no real reason to do so.

5268951-E-3-AD7-4-CEF-9-DD5-D79-C695-C8-

3 minutes ago, number305 said:

This seems like an assumption on your part... 

And somehow I'm not surprised you're upset about this, too.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I never assumed, nor do I care, about his life story or his taste.

Yes, you do, or else you wouldn't be talking this long about a "stranger."

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

And somehow I'm not surprised you're upset about this, too.

Ha. I only read about five posts back so all I have seen is the name calling. Now I'm going to have to read more to figure out what group I'm pigeon holed into. 

Saying one wants a Sony console because it's 1st party output is perfectly fine.

Saying one wants a Sony console because Xbox's 1st party doesn't interest them, before Xbox has even had it's 1st party show, is pretty odd.

I just got a PS4 Pro to play some of the exclusives I've skipped, so I'll prob wait for PS5 to have a decent lineup of games, as the launch lineup right now looks really weak.

14 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Saying one wants a Sony console because it's 1st party output is perfectly fine.

Saying one wants a Sony console because Xbox's 1st party doesn't interest them, before Xbox has even had it's 1st party show, is pretty odd.

Gonna go out on a limb and say it's fine either way; I don't think he needs permission from anyone.

Why is it so hard for some members to understand that he was won over this gen, he sees many games he wants and sequels/spin-offs to games that made him purchase a PS4 to begin with, and that MS didn't make a single thing he liked the entire gen? After waiting seven years and not really getting anything on the Xbox, he sees the PS5 as an easy purchase.

What is odd to me is that the comment was made off-hand in a larger post about them finding their own identity and doing their own thing, not necessarily Sony's thing, yet people were so fixated in why he isn't waiting after waiting seven years and getting nothing. He'll be fine. If he wants an Xbox later, he'll get it, like... no big deal, people.

Gonna buy a PS9 day one hope no one's upset

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@Greatoneshere started all of this. He really should stay in his lane. 

"This is nothing compared to one of the fights in Raging Bull, directed by Martin Scorsese with cinematography by Michael Chapman." - Greatoneshere (sorry, blame keyser for me thinking of that)

• Haha 1

Also, I gotta say from your tone at he beginning you didn't make it sound like you thought he was making a smart decision which is why everyone probably said he's not, besides the fact that he's not making a great decision because Microsoft hasn't shown anything yet to make a decision upon.

So everyone says yeah he's dumb and you start getting all defensive saying, "He's super smart! What u talkin about?"

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also, I gotta say from your tone at he beginning you didn't make it sound like you thought he was making a smart decision which is why everyone probably said he's not, besides the fact that he's not making a great decision because Microsoft hasn't shown anything yet to make a decision upon.

So everyone says yeah he's dumb and you start getting all defensive saying, "He's super smart! What u talkin about?"

There's no tone in, "Also, my brother for the first time ever it's going to get a PlayStation Next Generation because Microsoft Studios aren't making anything he wants. At the same time I think Phil's strategy makes sense." 

I wasn't the one who brought up his intellect.  

MS hasn't shown anything for seven years. Sony has for him. This isn't that complicated. That's why I'm now saying he may be smarter than the board, and this isn't helping the case. He would have gotten the point a while ago.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Until this month, when they will show something

You've been making this argument the past seven years. Keep waiting, keep waiting, it's all in motion.

I already know I'm not getting an Xbox at launch. He knows he won't. We're not huge Double Fine or Ninja Theory people. We're not Fable people, to which the sequel is the worst kept secret in the industry. I have a feeling it's more that you want people to buy an Xbox than actually thinking that their first party will win him over.

The fact that people are this easily rattled by someone buying a PS5 instead of an Xbox is a little troubling.

• Guillotine 1

It's like this:

You: Well after 7 years my brother is going to switch from Fruit of the Loom to Hanes

Me: Well if he waits a month Fruit of the Loom will be releasing underwear that literally sucks your dick. Your brother should wait to decide, it's the smart thing to do

You: My brother is smart. You're stupid! Don't get riled up!

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's like this:

You: Well after 7 years my brother is going to switch from Fruit of the Loom to Hanes

Me: Well if he waits a month Fruit of the Loom will be releasing underwear that literally sucks your dick. Your brother should wait to decide, it's the smart thing to do

You: My brother is smart. You're stupid! Don't get riled up!

No, it was literally implied that he was dumb. 

You're here because someone's not buying an Xbox. Let's not pretend otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But I do own a PS4.

Years after pretending you owned one, yeah. But making up owning a console to prove you own everything is weird. 

I'd say it's odder than not buying an Xbox.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

STOP MAKING THINGS UP

Nah, before he bought one, he swore up and down he had a PS4, then years later said he finally bought one.

I asked him how he finally got one if he already had it, and he said he made up owning one to win a debate. It was the weirdest thing anyone ever said to me on a gaming board.