Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

That is a pretty old version of bluetooth. They are up to v5 now.  I can only confirm connecting my controller to v4.

I know it's very far behind, I'm still just surprised given I've used it to connect plenty of other much more recent bluetooth devices without issue. No problem pairing with my S10+, for instance.

Anyhow just ordered a new one that does 4.0 that I'll have tomorrow, hopefully that does the trick.

I'm not very tech-literate, but I feel like I really missed a step in this whole framerate conversation, because for as long as I can remember it's been about 4k/60fps and how 30fps gives gamers motion sickness and makes them throw up.  But now it seems we've skipped that and gone straight to 120fps and VRR and 120hz.  I can't keep up with what's required for people to enjoy games without thinking they're trash. 

10 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I'm not very tech-literate, but I feel like I really missed a step in this whole framerate conversation, because for as long as I can remember it's been about 4k/60fps and how 30fps gives gamers motion sickness and makes them throw up.  But now it seems we've skipped that and gone straight to 120fps and VRR and 120hz.  I can't keep up with what's required for people to enjoy games without thinking they're trash. 

If a PC can do it and a console can’t, that what people can enjoy, otherwise it’s trash. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

60fps will very much be the main target this gen for majority of games I think.  Or at the least, a 60fps performance mode, and a 30fps all bells and whistles mode.

The 120fps modes will be more so for those that do want the option and have TV's that can offer it.  Something like fighting games, which may be capped out visually in some ways, should really focus on getting the highest possible frame rates where it really matters.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

• Thanks 1

So the new blueetooth adapter showed up and I guess it was in fact my ancient bluetooth adapter that was the problem, my computer found the controller immediately with the new one plugged in.

Anyhow, at first blush this thing seems pretty solid, but it's just a hair smaller than the 360 controller, right? Not blatantly so looking at it, but I felt it immediately holding it--I suspect it'll be a quick adjustment, but again, noticed it immediately, especially on the placement of my index fingers on the shoulder buttons. I feel like I'm going to settle into an ever-so-slight claw grip on this, compared to how I held the 360 controller.

Going back to the 360 controller it feels more stiff and doesn't melt into my hands as much as the new Series Xbox controllers. The 360 to the Xbox One controller was a major departure but Xbox One to Series controller is more of a refinement that is subtle but makes a huge difference when playing for long periods of time. I much appreciate the changes and hope they will make a Series 3 Elite controller with them.

I really like the Elite Series 2 controller. Form factor it is closer to the Series controllers. Then you have all the customizable options and the paddles. 

When playing a shooter like Destiny I don’t even use the face buttons any more. 

I tighten the righty stick for more accurate, fine aiming, loosen the left stick for quick direction and strafing. I use the convex thumb stick for the Left, and the tall thumb stick for the right. 

I lock the triggers to have the shortest travel and remove the dead zone for super snappy aim down sights and firing. 

I had to retrain the muscle memory of my hands, but once I did, my reactions are far quicker and it feels far more comfortable to hold and use. 

If I had one want for the Elite controller it would be the ability to use the paddles to set macros. Like where a single paddle could be set to be A+B. So if a game, like Destiny, let’s me customize a control scheme to use A+B for an action, on my controller I can still do it with a single button push. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I really like the Elite Series 2 controller. Form factor it is closer to the Series controllers. Then you have all the customizable options and the paddles. 

I tighten the righty stick for more accurate, fine aiming, loosen the left stick for quick direction and strafing. I use the convex thumb stick for the Left, and the tall thumb stick for the right. 

I lock the triggers to have the shortest travel and remove the dead zone for super snappy aim down sights and firing. 

I had to retrain the muscle memory of my hands, but once I did, my reactions are far quicker and it feels far more comfortable to hold and use. 

If I had one want for the Elite controller it would be the ability to use the paddles to set macros. Like where a single paddle could be set to be A+B. So if a game, like Destiny, let’s me customize a control scheme to use A+B for an action, on my controller I can still do it with a single button push. 

Yup button Macros would be awesome. Having 1 paddle activate an ult. I have gotten good at using the shift button. So pretty much never have to use the face buttons ever 

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Reading this, I almost feel like I'm using my Elite Series 2 controller wrong.  My old-man hands don't like the stupid paddles getting in the way of my grip at the back, so I took them off and don't use them.  I use the default sticks.  I did shorten the travel on the left trigger, but not the right.  I tightened both sticks because I like the feel of a firmer analogue stick.  

So really, I'm not taking advantage of many of the cool features the controller offers.  I just love the premium feel of it in  my hands.  It feels like a more solid controller with premium parts and that's all I was really looking for from it.

23 hours ago, The def star said:

What did you guys pick up for Black Friday? I ended up getting a few of the new Xbox Series controllers as they were selling for $40. Those will be gifts for my nephews even though they don't have the new Series consoles but are cool that they are backwards compatible.

I picked up a couple of cheap games for my son for xmas:

Star Wars Squadrons

Marvel Avengers

Tony Hawk PS 1+2

WWE 2K Battle Grounds

I think all 4 games were only 85 bux. 

For myself I got Control Ultimate Edition and Ghost of Tsushima

6 minutes ago, atom631 said:

honestly i know absolutely nothing about this game...but hes a WWE fanatic....so it could be complete trash and he would still love it. and it was only like 12 bux., lol

He probably would have had more fun with the bogo t-shirt sale yesterday :santasun: :p 

• Haha 1