Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’m looking forward to the game. I’m taking December 10 and 11 off from work. If the game gets delayed, oh well, I needed to use 40 more hours of time off between now and the end of year or I lose it, so may as well. 

I literally took those days off too. Now I don't feel so bad about it lol.

17 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

MKX and KI are probably your best bets on Game Pass. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is on there too, I think... but... MvC 1-3 are infinitely superior (see what I did there?)

Speaking of UMvC3, Max made a surprise announcement that he's hosting a UMvC3 tournament on Monday!

PSA regarding physical games:

With the One/OneX, when you put a (new) game disc in the optical drive, it would start installing automatically. I finally got my GameFly copy of Valhalla yesterday, popped the disc in and figured I’d do other stuff for 20-30 minutes and then the game would be ready to go... unfortunately, upon switching the TV input over, I saw that it didn’t automatically start installing like on the previous consoles: instead, it didn’t start until I selected it from the home screen menu. :/ 

However! One plus that’s seemingly different; it simultaneously took game data off of the disc AND downloaded game data to shorten the install/dl time significantly - it was 100% done in under 10 minutes.

Watch Dogs Legion Digital Standard Edition is on sale at Best Buy for $40.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/watch-dogs-legion-standard-edition-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-digital/6352961.p?ref=8575135&loc=d6075dca2a6a11ebaf2d3e8a4a86d54f0INT&acampID=d6075dca2a6a11ebaf2d3e8a4a86d54f0INT&skuId=6352961

I'm tempted to get it since that's $20 off a game that's not even a month old. Is this game worth it at this price? Was thinking of getting into Valhalla first but might jump into Watch Dogs instead.

42 minutes ago, The def star said:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/watch-dogs-legion-standard-edition-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-digital/6352961.p?ref=8575135&loc=d6075dca2a6a11ebaf2d3e8a4a86d54f0INT&acampID=d6075dca2a6a11ebaf2d3e8a4a86d54f0INT&skuId=6352961

I'm tempted to get it since that's $20 off a game that's not even a month old. Is this game worth it at this price? Was thinking of getting into Valhalla first but might jump into Watch Dogs instead.

It’s going to be ~$33 at GameStop on Black Friday 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

With the One/OneX, when you put a (new) game disc in the optical drive, it would start installing automatically. I finally got my GameFly copy of Valhalla yesterday, popped the disc in and figured I’d do other stuff for 20-30 minutes and then the game would be ready to go... unfortunately, upon switching the TV input over, I saw that it didn’t automatically start installing like on the previous consoles: instead, it didn’t start until I selected it from the home screen menu. :/ 

However! One plus that’s seemingly different; it simultaneously took game data off of the disc AND downloaded game data to shorten the install/dl time significantly - it was 100% done in under 10 minutes.

I am pretty sure it auto-installed for me when I inserted the disc. The only thing it didn’t auto-install was the next gen upgrade. 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

You sure that's not a setting? I don't know if I've ever had a disc auto-install on my One/One X. Also, when I do choose to install, it will ask if I want to install the update at the same time. I used to do the full install and then the update, but I noticed a while back that doing it all at once was noticeably faster. I don't think the XSX is doing anything differently here.

7 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

You sure that's not a setting? I don't know if I've ever had a disc auto-install on my One/One X. Also, when I do choose to install, it will ask if I want to install the update at the same time. I used to do the full install and then the update, but I noticed a while back that doing it all at once was noticeably faster. I don't think the XSX is doing anything differently here.

Yes in settings you go to devices>disc and enable play disc automatically. One enabled when a disc is inserted it will install or play the game automatically.

16 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

6 minutes ago, The def star said:

Yes in settings you go to devices>disc and enable play disc automatically. One enabled when a disc is inserted it will install or play the game automatically.

That must be it then. Weird because I never enabled that setting on my One or One X and it definitely auto installed (as I would do what I described with all my previous GameFly rentals and it would just start installing) - so maybe default for the One/X was “auto play” and the default for the XSX is that it’s off? :confused: 

3 hours ago, The def star said:

I'm having a blast with it but be warned. It has some glitches particularly with its autosave system. Outside of that the game is fun and looks great. Best game of the series so far.

Looks like Xbox has started their Black Friday sales already. I think these are some of the lowest some of these games have been all year. Gonna pick the Watch Dogs Legion/ Valhalla pack and Control Ultimate Edition for $20. Other small games I have been wanting to pick up like Spryo and RE1 Remake. 

169a7ffe-c2c7-463a-a77c-21239c9ac388.jpg
WWW.XBOX.COM

Shop our extensive collection of video game titles in the Xbox game catalog. Find your favorite blockbusters, award-winning titles, and new releases.

The Evil Within $3.99

The Evil Within 2 $7.99

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition $5.99

Nickelodeon: Kart Racers $5.99

Silent Hill 2 & 3: HD Collection $7.49

DOOM Slayers Collection $9.99

Doom (1993) + Doom II + Doom 3 + Doom (2016)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $9.99

Dark Souls: Remastered $11.99

LEGO DC Super-Villains $11.99

Season Pass $4.49

Spyro Reignited Trilogy $13.99

Assassin's Creed Origins: Deluxe Edition $13.99

Ori and the Will of the Wisps $14.99

Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition $14.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint $14.99

Mortal Kombat 11 $14.99

Aftermath Expansion $19.99

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition $15.99

Resident Evil 3 $19.79

Control: Ultimate Edition $19.99

Star Wars: Squadrons $23.99

Red Dead Redemption 2 $26.99

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition $27.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 $29.99

NBA 2K21 $29.99

Marvel's Avengers $29.99 or Deluxe Edition $39.99

Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition $34.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Deluxe Edition $34.99

FIFA 21 Champions Edition $35.99

UFC 4 $35.99

Madden NFL 21 $35.99 or Deluxe Edition $43.99

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time $38.99

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: Game of the Year Edition $38.99

Watch Dogs: Legion $40.19

Watch Dogs: Legion - Gold Edition $66.99

Assassin's Creed Bundle: Valhalla + Odyssey + Origins $79.99

& Many More

7 hours ago, The def star said:

Looks like Xbox has started their Black Friday sales already. I think these are some of the lowest some of these games have been all year. Gonna pick the Watch Dogs Legion/ Valhalla pack and Control Ultimate Edition for $20. Other small games I have been wanting to pick up like Spryo and RE1 Remake. 

169a7ffe-c2c7-463a-a77c-21239c9ac388.jpg
WWW.XBOX.COM

Shop our extensive collection of video game titles in the Xbox game catalog. Find your favorite blockbusters, award-winning titles, and new releases.

The Evil Within $3.99

The Evil Within 2 $7.99

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition $5.99

Nickelodeon: Kart Racers $5.99

Silent Hill 2 & 3: HD Collection $7.49

DOOM Slayers Collection $9.99

Doom (1993) + Doom II + Doom 3 + Doom (2016)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $9.99

Dark Souls: Remastered $11.99

LEGO DC Super-Villains $11.99

Season Pass $4.49

Spyro Reignited Trilogy $13.99

Assassin's Creed Origins: Deluxe Edition $13.99

Ori and the Will of the Wisps $14.99

Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition $14.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint $14.99

Mortal Kombat 11 $14.99

Aftermath Expansion $19.99

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition $15.99

Resident Evil 3 $19.79

Control: Ultimate Edition $19.99

Star Wars: Squadrons $23.99

Red Dead Redemption 2 $26.99

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition $27.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 $29.99

NBA 2K21 $29.99

Marvel's Avengers $29.99 or Deluxe Edition $39.99

Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition $34.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Deluxe Edition $34.99

FIFA 21 Champions Edition $35.99

UFC 4 $35.99

Madden NFL 21 $35.99 or Deluxe Edition $43.99

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time $38.99

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: Game of the Year Edition $38.99

Watch Dogs: Legion $40.19

Watch Dogs: Legion - Gold Edition $66.99

Assassin's Creed Bundle: Valhalla + Odyssey + Origins $79.99

& Many More

I'm a little surprised to actually see things in the sale I might want to get.  I still haven't got Tony Hawk or Control so I should probably pick those up.  I'll wait until closer to Bl Friday to see if they are a better deal anywhere else.  I'll also probably get the Bulletstorm Full Clip.  I really enjoyed it when it first came out, but I never wanted to pay for the remaster.  5.99 sounds about right for that.  

7 minutes ago, number305 said:

I'm a little surprised to actually see things in the sale I might want to get.  I still haven't got Tony Hawk or Control so I should probably pick those up.  I'll wait until closer to Bl Friday to see if they are a better deal anywhere else.  I'll also probably get the Bulletstorm Full Clip.  I really enjoyed it when it first came out, but I never wanted to pay for the remaster.  5.99 sounds about right for that.  

Keep in mind this edition (ultimate edition) is the one that gets the free next gen upgrade.

5 minutes ago, The def star said:

This is what I plan to pick up during the sale

Resident Evil -$4.99

Sonic Adventure - $2.49

Control Ultimate Edition - $19.99

Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla + Watch Dogs®: Legion Bundle - $91.29

Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy - $13.99

Should keep me busy during Thanksgiving break.

Honestly, if you skip the WD/AC bundle, by the time you finish the other games they’ll probably be $30-35 each with the way Ubi games drop in price :p :sun: 

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Honestly, if you skip the WD/AC bundle, by the time you finish the other games they’ll probably be $30-35 each with the way Ubi games drop in price :p :sun: 

Probably. They always get discounted quick. Well I can either get Watch Dogs Legion now for $40 and then wait for Valhalla to do the same in a month or two. Kinda just want Valhalla more than I do Watch Dogs though. I'm looking for Xbox gift cards to go on sale. I think Dollar General during Black Friday they will be 20% off. I also have about $40 in Bing rewards to go towards it as well. @Keyser_Soze know what I'm talking about them bing reward points.

12 minutes ago, The def star said:

Probably. They always get discounted quick. Well I can either get Watch Dogs Legion now for $40 and then wait for Valhalla to do the same in a month or two. Kinda just want Valhalla more than I do Watch Dogs though. I'm looking for Xbox gift cards to go on sale. I think Dollar General during Black Friday they will be 20% off. I also have about $40 in Bing rewards to go towards it as well. @Keyser_Soze know what I'm talking about them bing reward points.

I think GameStop has Xbox and PSN gift cards on sale on BF (or maybe it’s just GamePass and PS+ :confused: )

Dell.com has them for 10% off now with the coupon code GAME10

1 hour ago, The def star said:

I'm saving my MICROSOFT rewards for mainly game pass ultimate. I have 83,000 points currently!

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I think GameStop has Xbox and PSN gift cards on sale on BF (or maybe it’s just GamePass and PS+ :confused: )

Dell.com has them for 10% off now with the coupon code GAME10

well shit. i just bought contol ultimate for $20 and ghosts of tushima for $40