Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

Xbox Series X|S will be the only next gen consoles with full RDNA 2 integration, thanks to our close working partnership with 
@AMD

@TomCat

RDNA2_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We here at Team Xbox would like to congratulate and celebrate our amazing partners at AMD on today’s announcement of the Radeon RX 6000 Series of RDNA 2 GPUs. It was incredible to see AMD demonstrate the power and potential that the new AMD RDNA 2 architecture can deliver to gamers around the globe. AMD […]

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol how is it with all of the changes?

I felt a bit lost, like not sure what to do. But I love RPGs and collecting shit, so I spent hours just collecting things and tweaking my first base. Had fun, but then got sidetracked.

25 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

@TomCat

RDNA2_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We here at Team Xbox would like to congratulate and celebrate our amazing partners at AMD on today’s announcement of the Radeon RX 6000 Series of RDNA 2 GPUs. It was incredible to see AMD demonstrate the power and potential that the new AMD RDNA 2 architecture can deliver to gamers around the globe. AMD […]

"Full RDNA2" is just PR speak until we know what the PS5 is missing / has custom solutions for.  Especially since the PS5 is a RDNA2 device according to AMD.

Microsoft is namedropping the super resolution feature in there again too.  Good news!  It's not ready yet... or is it?  Hopefully we'll get some kind of timetable.

6 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

"Full RDNA2" is just PR speak until we know what the PS5 is missing / has custom solutions for.  Especially since the PS5 is a RDNA2 device according to AMD.

Microsoft is namedropping the super resolution feature in there again too.  Good news!  It's not ready yet... or is it?  Hopefully we'll get some kind of timetable.

Well Sony specifically not talking about what they do have is telling enough.  Digital Foundry is still waiting for Cerny to respond to their questions about the hardware after his Deep Dive that just happened not to mention many RDNA 2 features.  Why would they not bring up these things at a "DEEP DIVE".

They already brought in new Directors to lead the project so this was just a matter of time.

And if the direction and management was bad, then this should be seen as a good thing.  Even though I do think Phil Spencer, Matt Booty, and Bonnie Ross  should take some blame as well if the project was so far off the rails and didn't see it ahead of time to make adjustments sooner.

15 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

They already brought in new Directors to lead the project so this was just a matter of time.

And if the direction and management was bad, then this should be seen as a good thing.  Even though I do think Phil Spencer, Matt Booty, and Bonnie Ross  should take some blame as well if the project was so far off the rails and didn't see it ahead of time to make adjustments sooner.

Clarification: They brought in Joe Staten from Bungie to be project leader, who was the original writer/director for the first three Halo games. Chris Lee leaving is probably a good thing; it was probably a direct result of Staten coming in and asking WTF they did to his baby.

Kind of agree with Bonnie Ross taking some of the blame, but Phil and Matt Booty have probably been much busier with Xbox as a whole to really dig into any one project. Bonnie on the other hand is directly in charge.

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Clarification: They brought in Joe Staten from Bungie to be project leader, who was the original writer/director for the first three Halo games. Chris Lee leaving is probably a good thing; it was probably a direct result of Staten coming in and asking WTF they did to his baby.

Kind of agree with Bonnie Ross taking some of the blame, but Phil and Matt Booty have probably been much busier with Xbox as a whole to really dig into any one project. Bonnie on the other hand is directly in charge.

I think they also brought someone new in to lead the Multiplayer as well, but might be wrong.

While I agree that Phil and Matt have bigger things going on, this is Halo, not just another 1st party IP.  This is your only 1st party launch game on your brand new Xbox.  This is the arguably one of the biggest 1st party project that you can't afford to fuck up.  Everyting MS was doing with hardware and the XSX was basically going off perfectly, until Halo. 

Matt Booty is in charge of 1st party, it should have been his #1 priority to constantly check on this project to make sure its coming along okay in terms of deadlines, and that its quality stacks up.  The fact it seems to be in as big a mess as it is, I think is very largely on him. And while Phil obviously has a much larger job now, Halo is something that even Phil should be more aware of and know what's going on.  He's doing tons of interviews talking about how its coming along fine and gonna be their big launch title. He should 100% know what state the game is in with its importance.  

Man, the XSX looks really nice and the convenience of gamepass somehow makes me want one even though I have a good PC and can already do pretty much anything the new console does (can't play my old copy of Fusion Frenzy, but who would want to). I just like the way the box looks.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The question is will they give him enough time to fix all the problems?

13 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

This was one of the games from the preview event that I was interested in. Looking pretty good so far, but I do kinda hope the narration tapers off a bit as you get into the game. "A box! The initials are the same as the key! It opens it! Another drawing!" Yes, I can see that, thank you.

7 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

The question is will they give him enough time to fix all the problems?

The fact that they brought in a director/writer for the game kinda gets me to thinking they will. If they would've just brought in some graphics/tech gurus to pretty it up, I wouldn't think so. But if they have to restructure the story it could mean restructuring the entire game. And that's gonna take time.

I mean, it's already going to miss the launch window. If that doesn't negatively affect the platform's financials, why even release in 2021? Will there really be that many people holding out for Halo?

6 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

It's all a waiting game at this point.  We've seen developers say the PS5 has VRS when Sony hasn't touched on it themselves publicly.

Show me a Statement from a Developer that has said that

Just another thing that good ole TomCat was right about.   Ps5 is RDNA 1.3

6 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

LOL PR SPEAK   Tom Warren has already confirmed that  the series x/s  is the only console that is FULL RDNA2.  If he was wrong  Sony would have made him make a retraction. They didnt because its TRUE just like i said months ago

53 minutes ago, TomCat said:

Show me a Statement from a Developer that has said that

Just another thing that good ole TomCat was right about.   Ps5 is RDNA 1.3

PS5-Concept.jpg
SEGMENTNEXT.COM

Gaming News, Reviews, PC Hardware and eSports

We've already been through this song and dance before.  Including your past comments about believing 1.5 should be rounded down.

It's all esoteric anyways.  There is no such thing as RNDA 1.3, 1.5, 1.7.  Just RDNA2 that uses the entirety of MS's DX12 suite and RNDA2 that doesn't.  We already know some of Sony's APIs are custom.  PS5 is not using Direct Storage, for instance.  So it's already not "full."

Just now, crispy4000 said:

It's up to Sony to show that they don't need the "full" suite of MS's tools to compete with MS.  If they don't have that, then we'll see it soon.  Simple as that.

lol RDNA is not Ms's   tools    they are AMD tools that Microsoft waiting on to implement fully into thier system.   Sony was done with the ps5 before RDNA2 was finished thats why its missing features.  Ms Waited and sony didnt.  They were going to release before MS until they found out how weak they were going to be compared.  Thats why they boosted the hell out of the clocks at the last minute and you got a machine the size of a Torso  just to keep it cool

• Haha 2