Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

12 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

More interesting than its look is its specs and at 12TFs, that system will be an absolute beast. PC will still edge it out for power with this year's hardware, but the gap is narrowing swiftly. My rule of thumb is to add roughly 30% to a console's TF rating to understand how it will output when compared to a PC. For all of Nvidia/AMD driver optimizations, PC are still more of a brute force affair as compared to their console cousins. So its loosely reasonable to look at Xbox Series X system as a 15TF PC. That's basically my PC right now! I'm very excited to see console makers close this gap because A.) more ambitious PC ports and B.) My PC will inevitably retake hardware supremacy with delicious results! :sun:

I know you have an insane rig, roughly whats the $ cost for what you have these days? Just so I can share with my friends that aren't into tech just how powerful the new Xbox/PS5 maybe.

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I know you have an insane rig, roughly whats the $ cost for what you have these days? Just so I can share with my friends that aren't into tech just how powerful the new Xbox/PS5 maybe.

The overall best gaming CPU: Core i7 9900k 8 cores/16 Threads ~5 GHz = $500

The fastest single GPU: Geforce GTX 2080 Ti = $1100

500GB NVME SSD (PCIe 4.0) = $150

16GB fast system RAM = $100

Good motherboard = $175

Other shit = $200 to 350

Total starting at ~$2300

7 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

cuside has the right list and price range. Mine is a little more as I have several bells and whistles. 

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

The fastest single GPU: Titan RTX = $2500

500GB NVME SSD (PCIe 4.0) = $125

Good motherboard = $175

Other shit = $200 to 350

Total starting at ~$3800

Updated for craziness.

However, a gaming PC that is comparable to the leaked specs won't cost this much in fall 2020.

9 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Updated for craziness.

However, a gaming PC that is comparable to the leaked specs won't cost this much in fall 2020.

This is all true, however i feel the need to point out that the Titan RTX is such a tiny bump above the 2080ti that even I found no excuse to buy it...let that sink in! :lol:

• Like 1

XSEX will have Day One Backwards compatibility

If you've spent the past few years collecting and playing a vast library of titles on Xbox One, then don't worry--that collection is all coming with you if you choose to upgrade to Xbox Series X (the official name of Project Scarlett). Xbox Series X will support backwards compatibility for all Xbox One games the day the next-gen console launches.

"We wanted to make sure we had that, day one, we could deliver on the compatibility promise, and so I've been playing quite a few [Xbox 360] games on my [Xbox Series X] and Xbox One games on the [Xbox Series X] and that's just to ensure that we can be there day one," Xbox boss Phil Spencer told GameSpot.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I would like a little more specificity there.

The way they are phrasing it makes me wonder if they mean we'll get the Xbox One version of BC rather than complete BC. Like, we'll only get the 360 games the One could play along with the very limited number of OG games.

7 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I would like a little more specificity there.

The way they are phrasing it makes me wonder if they mean we'll get the Xbox One version of BC rather than complete BC. Like, we'll only get the 360 games the One could play along with the very limited number of OG games.

I think they were pretty clear...

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer told GameSpot the Xbox Series X will be able to play all of the games currently available on the Xbox One from day one. That includes Xbox One games, but also the Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles that have been made backwards compatible over time with the Xbox One.

So pretty much everything that's currently playable on the Xbox One.

#DigitalFoundry 19-12-2019:

"Meanwhile, the #PS5 GPU may be shrouded in mystery, but if the indications are true for #XboxSeriesX, Microsoft has developed a console GPU that is more performant and more feature-rich than any Navi part AMD has shipped in 2019"

I recently followed a couple Xbox Youtubers, and it's insane just how many console warriors there still are.  Console Wars are still alive and well.  

I cant wait for PS5 personally.  I think they are both gonna be damn near identical in performance.  I may even also sign up for PSNow to play some PS3 games I missed.

14 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

#DigitalFoundry 19-12-2019:

I recently followed a couple Xbox Youtubers, and it's insane just how many console warriors there still are.  Console Wars are still alive and well.  

I cant wait for PS5 personally.  I think they are both gonna be damn near identical in performance.  I may even also sign up for PSNow to play some PS3 games I missed.

ERA is terrible right now, the Sony Defense Force is either trying to claim the SeX is 10 TF instead of 12 like multiple "insiders" are claiming, or that the PS5 is 13+ TF while Xbots are acting like they won the generation already. 

I plan to get both day 1 if possible, but I do think MS is now doing enough right that they can at least have 360 levels of success next gen. I think they should easily at least sell more SeX's than they did Bones. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

ERA is terrible right now, the Sony Defense Force is either trying to claim the SeX is 10 TF instead of 12 like multiple "insiders" are claiming, or that the PS5 is 13+ TF while Xbots are acting like they won the generation already. 

I plan to get both day 1 if possible, but I do think MS is now doing enough right that they can at least have 360 levels of success next gen. I think they should easily at least sell more SeX's than they did Bones. 

I don't think there is much MS will be able to do to ever "Win" another gen.  Playstation has more heritage, and the popularity around the globe I feel will just be damn near impossible for MS to ever make headway against. 

The only reason the 360 was able to do as well as it did, was because the year head start, pricing advantage, performance advantages, and most of all, Sony's online sucked on PS3 at a time when Online Gaming was emerging.  Add to that the fact Microsoft clearly isn't as concerned with selling hardware as Sony with all "exclusives" coming to PC, and I think it's safe to say that Sony should clearly always be the market leader in Hardware, at least vs Microsoft. 

I am just happy that gaming seems to be coming closer together. Cross Platform gaming on CoD and other games is just such a nice thing. Not worrying about what platform people prefer to game on, just being able to game with each other, is such a good direction to be going.  I really hope it just simply becomes an industry standard next gen for all games. Borderlands 3, Destiny, so many co-op focused games that are missing out on it.

I didn't say MS would "win" the generation, just that they could get to around 360 levels of success. Let's not forget that gen was a tale of two halves, MS doing everything right and Sony doing everything wrong the first half, and then basically the opposite the last half.

The X1 has sold around 50 million consoles and the 360 sold what, approx 85 million? I expect MS to do better next gen, while Sony will probably still sell 100 million+ consoles and "win" the gen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

I didn't say MS would "win" the generation, just that they could get to around 360 levels of success. Let's not forget that gen was a tale of two halves, MS doing everything right and Sony doing everything wrong the first half, and then basically the opposite the last half.

The X1 has sold around 50 million consoles and the 360 sold what, approx 85 million? I expect MS to do better next gen, while Sony will probably still sell 100 million+ consoles and "win" the gen. 

Are they both coming out next year at the same time? And if so, why wouldn’t Xbox release first and get a jump start with all the diehard first adopters?

5 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I really hope it just simply becomes an industry standard next gen for all games. Borderlands 3, Destiny, so many co-op focused games that are missing out on it.

Cross platform is good for gamers but I wonder how good it is for developers. I know that multi console owners who play co-op games with friends will often by multiple copies of the same game for different platforms in order to play with friends on other platforms. Cross platform gaming negates that potential revenue for devs. I think Co-op games and fighting games will be the biggest beneficiaries.

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Cross platform is good for gamers but I wonder how good it is for developers. I know that multi console owners who play co-op games with friends will often by multiple copies of the same game for different platforms in order to play with friends on other platforms. Cross platform gaming negates that potential revenue for devs. I think Co-op games and fighting games will be the biggest beneficiaries.

I would guess there are more people with just one platform who forego buying a game they would like to play with buddies on a different platform than there are people who would buy two $60 copies of a game to be able to play with both groups, if that makes sense.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:13 AM, cusideabelincoln said:

The fastest single GPU: Geforce GTX 2080 Ti = $1100

500GB NVME SSD (PCIe 4.0) = $150

Good motherboard = $175

Other shit = $200 to 350

Total starting at ~$2300

Pretty much my system, but I only have a 2080 Super and it was $3k CND

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CZQWcq

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I would guess there are more people with just one platform who forego buying a game they would like to play with buddies on a different platform than there are people who would buy two $60 copies of a game to be able to play with both groups, if that makes sense.

So you're saying they wouldn't buy the game at all? So if I'm a PS4 gamer and Destiny comes out and most of my friends are on Xbox, I just wouldn't buy the game period? If that's what you're saying I disagree. I think they still buy the game but would just play with randoms.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you're saying they wouldn't buy the game at all? So if I'm a PS4 gamer and Destiny comes out and most of my friends are on Xbox, I just wouldn't buy the game period? If that's what you're saying I disagree. I think they still buy the game but would just play with randoms.

My contention is that being able to play with all your friends regardless of what console they have would induce more sales than whatever number of people are willing to shell out an extra $60 for a second copy of the game. Gaming is a social experience and playing with your friends is the preferred way for most people, so getting rid of artificial financial roadblocks encourages more people to buy the product in the first place even if some portion would have paid twice.

There are several games I’ve purchased because my friend group was playing them together that I wouldn’t have otherwise. I can’t imagine that is a rarity, but I could be wrong!

• 1 month later...