Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Which is free on gamepass right? or no?

Yes, Beyond Light will be included with Game Pass.

D2Beyond_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Like the changing of the seasons, there’s one thing you can count on every year: a major, game-changing Destiny 2 update from the team at Bungie. Following in the steps of expansions like Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Destiny 2: Forsaken, this year we’ll be getting Destiny 2: Beyond Light, which will be hitting on November […]

If you are one of the more than 10 million Game Pass subscribers, you’ll get access to all current Destiny 2 expansions starting this September. And when the standard edition of Destiny 2: Beyond Light is released, you’ll get that too.

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Launch lineup revealed.

Next-Gen exclusive:

• Bright Memory 1.0

AAA - Next-Gen updated:

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery) 
  • Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
  • DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
  • Fortnite
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)

Indie - Next-Gen updated

• Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
  • Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Enlisted
  • Evergate
  • The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
  • King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
  • Maneater (Smart Delivery)
  • Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
  • Observer: System Redux
  • Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
  • Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
  • Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)

EDIT: Divided into AAA/Indie

XSX_XSS_Design_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

The launch of a new generation of games is the culmination of epic creative and technical endeavors from developers around the globe, all focused on a single goal: delivering immersive new experiences and rich new worlds to explore. The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S day one lineup reflects this incredible ingenuity – bringing you a creative, diverse and deep collection of iconic, inventive, and...

I'm a little bummed and a lot confused as to why there is no Minecraft or Minecraft Dungeons on this list.  I was kind of looking forward to seeing the raytracing in Minecraft and it is something my kids play a lot.  There has been a lot of silence about Minecraft on the Series X since about last March.

EFiDUHisq6WXdsu2UvEC5b-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Two weeks with Xbox Series X impressions: Hardware, controller, games, performance, user interface, and more

WWW.ENGADGET.COM

In our final preview, see how the Xbox Series X will fit into your home entertainment ecosystem.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X and S (10 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: hands-on previews with near-final retail build

My One X was updated to the Series X UI today. Overall I think I like the look better and it's definitely faster. The new store is 1000x better than the old one. It's much faster, looks better and game pages are much easier to look at and get whatever info you want. They also make Series X optimized games very easy to identify. They will also tell you if your device can't play the game. Looking at the Observer remake page it immediately told me my One X wasn't compatible, since it's next gen only.

15 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Destiny 2 patch coming December 8th.

EkX3enoXkAEDaIF?format=png&name=large

Series S misses that 1440p 60fps target once again for a current gen port.  Joins For Honor and Yakuza 7.

Hopefully they will be able to eliminate that loading that sometimes happens during a mission or while exploring. 

tmmpc1rtimkbjb4pexqj.png
KOTAKU.COM

There’s nothing normal about interviewing Xbox chief Phil Spencer these days.

“Is it possible to recoup a $7.5 billion investment if you don’t sell Elder Scrolls VI on the PlayStation?” I asked.

“Yes,” Spencer quickly replied.

Then he paused.

“I don’t want to be flip about that,” he added. “This deal was not done to take games away from another player base like that. Nowhere in the documentation that we put together was: ‘How do we keep other players from playing these games?’ We want more people to be able to play games, not fewer people to be able to go play games. But I’ll also say in the model—I’m just answering directly the question that you had—when I think about where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don’t have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means.”

He also said this.

Which basically seems, if you want Bethesda games on Playstation or Nintendo, they'll have to add Game Pass.

Where does that leave the prospect of more Xbox games coming to non-Xbox consoles? Spencer told me that “it doesn’t feel sustainable” to consider Xbox games on a case by case basis for Switch and said, “In order to really support it, I would want a full Xbox ecosystem somewhere. And that probably means things like Live and Game Pass and stuff.” He said something similar in July during an interview with GameStar, though the answer has changed slightly. Back then he said that “the other competitive platforms aren’t really that interested in having a full Xbox experience on their hardware.” I cited that answer to him and asked if it was still the case with Sony and Nintendo. “I don’t want to speak for them,” he said. “I think they should probably answer.”

27 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Xcloud on the Switch? Yes please 

We're talking about Nintendo here.  The company that has long maintained that a rush to the bottom devalues gaming.  They don't even let GeForce Now on the Switch when they partner with Nvidia.

24 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Gamepass on PlayStation would pretty much ensure the demise of Xbox hardware. What would be the point

in owning an Xbox?

I doubt Xbox hardware would go anywhere unless Microsoft pulls the plug.  Might mean less market share.

16 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

We're talking about Nintendo here.  The company that has long maintained that a rush to the bottom devalues gaming.  They don't even let GeForce Now on the Switch when they partner with Nvidia.

I doubt Xbox hardware would go anywhere unless Microsoft pulls the plug.  Might mean less market share.

much less market share is what I mean. To the point developing a new machine wouldn’t be worth it for MS. Who would buy an Xbox console if you could get all PS exclusives and all Xbox exclusives on a PlayStation? 

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

much less market share is what I mean. To the point developing a new machine wouldn’t be worth it for MS. Who would buy an Xbox console if you could get all PS exclusives and all Xbox exclusives on a PlayStation? 

People with brand loyalty, a preference for the UI, the controller, the hardware, the backwards compatibility ecosystem, etc.

They could drop the ball on a ton of things and still maintain better than the Wii U or Dreamcast.  I think the Xbox One launch proved that much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Once consoles lose their walled gardens, MS ain’t gonna want to make a console anyway. 

17 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Just make it so my Xbox controller can connect wirelessly to any other console and i'm happy

I've wanted this for so long. Especially with Bluetooth controllers being a thing, I thought it might actually happen.

Instead Sony isn't even letting PS4 controllers play PS5 games, even though the PS4 controllers can connect to the PS5.