Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

Microsoft has sent out a ton of units to "influencers".  As I said before, I expect them to slowly release content and updates on the console throughout the month with new info dumps each Monday or something like that.

Someone said the update took about 40 seconds when they hooked it up, so at least that's much more snappy than it used to be.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, Spork3245 said:

8-C6-B6525-70-A0-4-B85-B6-AA-2-BA372-D63

You’re wrong, it’s still called G-SYNC. It’s one of the 3 tiers nVidia lists as G-SYNC. If you really think it’s wrong to call it G-SYNC, please contact your local LG and nVidia representatives. 

That ad is deceptive AF, Trump must be writing their ads.  They specifically use the words "So far" and the date "5.7.20" -- which was ~6 weeks before the Samsung Q800T was released. 

NVidia has 3 tiers of displays in the "G-Sync ecosystem" -- NVIDIA never refer to "G-Sync compatible" displays as "G-Sync".  Despite your sarcastic comment, I've never seen a "G-Sync Compatible" display called a "G-Sync" display by NVIDIA.  Not once -- they ALWAYS use the full term "G-SYNC compatible".

In fact, rtings.com shows the Q800T as being "GSync Compatible" and the LG TVs as being "G-Sync Compatible (NVidia verified)".

When Nvidia added support for the LG TV's, they were pretty transparent on how they did it.

spacer.png

Screenshot-2.png

If you want to call any TV that will use VRR with a GeForce GPU "G-Sync", I never expressed any issue with that.  I did express a concern with suggesting that there was a VRR standard over HDMI called "G-Sync" that was distinct from HDMI2.1 VRR.

6 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you want to call any TV that will use VRR with a GeForce GPU "G-Sync", I never expressed any issue with that.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:11 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

LG OLEDs DO NOT support G-Sync (i.e. they do not use the technology behind G-Sync) -- they are "G-Sync compatible"

On 9/25/2020 at 6:25 AM, Spork3245 said:

BTW, @The def star, the issues with GSYNC might be separate from the issue with VRR. LG OLEDs are the only TV to support all 3 standards: Freesync (AMD), GSYNC (nVidia), and “VRR” (HDMI 2.1 standard).

The issue with GSYNC, afaik, only affects 3000 series cards and is that screen flickering could occur. The issue with VRR, however, is that the screen would get brighter when enabled - now, does it get brighter to the point it looks worse than an LED TV displaying a dark screen? No idea. Either way, LG announced the GSYNC fix as coming soon, and that they’re “working on” an update for VRR.

lg-2019-tv-g-sync-compatible-support-ava
WWW.NVIDIA.COM

Update your TV’s firmware and install our latest Game Ready Driver to enable support for G-SYNC Compatible variable refresh rates, giving you a superior PC gaming...

Simply calling it GSYNC without attached semantics, as per nVidia, as per LG, is literally what your entire issue was here. But OK.

17 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

He's transferring from SSD to SSD. No shit that's fast. I'm talking about the 800 million people who are going to buy a 4TB external HDD.

Well still articles say 8 minutes from an external HDD to the Internal memory

605065-Xbox-Series-X-SSD.jpg
WWW.DESTRUCTOID.COM

Microsoft has been selling us on the solid state drive being a key component of the Xbox Series X. It's all about speed. A lightning fast SSD unlocks the ability to boot games incredibly quickly, and to go through them without obtrusive lo...

Probably most important, transferring from an external HDD to an internal SSD took 7 minutes and 46 seconds.

fhngplan_header_363374.png
    FORHONOR.UBISOFT.COM

We share some important information regarding For Honor heading to next-generation consoles.

Next-gen console players will be able to experience the highest-level of graphical enhancements that For Honor has to offer. These enhancements, carried over from the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are now available, without compromises, on all next-gen consoles:

• Improved Water Reflections
    • Improved Distance Level of Detail
    • Improved Shadow Resolution
    • Improved Texture Filtering
    • 4k Resolution (Xbox Series X, PS5) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
    • 60fps on all next gen consoles

For comparison, the Xbox One X ran For Honor at 1800p at 30fps.  Wondering how the other Ubi launch games will stack up on the Series S now.

PowerYourDreamsHERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
    NEWS.XBOX.COM

As we approach the launch of a new generation of gaming, there comes a renewed source of joy and inspiration for gamers around the world. We invite you to come on this journey with us. To dream of more vibrant and living gaming worlds. To dream of being instantly transported to your games at blazingly […]

21 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Shit like this is why I would never want to be a reviewer for any thing game related. You have a hand full of folks that are reporting it runs hot and every fan boy is acting like the reviewers punched their dead grandpa in the dick. 

3 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Shit like this is why I would never want to be a reviewer for any thing game related. You have a hand full of folks that are reporting it runs hot and every fan boy is acting like the reviewers punched their dead grandpa in the dick. 

Any of the reviewers actually measure temps? "Hot to the touch" really doesn't mean much, but a temperature reading would be a different story. Get a thermal cam on each console, get really stupid with it!

12 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

It still outputs in 4k.

This is where the Machine Learning will come into play as the generation goes on, and hopefully allow the Series S to still perform later in the generation.

We’ll find out more with AMD’s presentation this month.  Chances are we’ll get something better than checkerboarding, but the real question is by how much.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

We’ll find out more with AMD’s presentation this month.  Chances are we’ll get something better than checkerboarding, but the real question is by how much.

Considering nvidia is lightyears ahead of AMD when it comes to machine learning, I'm not holding my breath, but maybe there's hope!