New trailer for Disenchantment, the new "fantasy Futurama" show from Simpsons creator Matt Groening

I know that @Remarkableriots posted this in his SDCC thread but it didn't seem to be getting much attention there. 

I think this looks great. As someone also commented on reddit, I like a lot that it's serialized, i.e. telling a single story that carries over between episodes, ala Bojack Horseman, one of my favorite recent shows. Considering how much I loved Futurama and that I'm really getting a Fantasy Futurama vibe from this, I can't wait!

Also, gotta love the song in the background. :lol: 

• 4 weeks later...

I miss 20+ episode seasons for shows.

I am interested in it, but with a show like this 10 episodes makes me want to wait for a couple seasons before I even start. It's like getting a frustratingly small portion of food for dinner. Sometimes I would rather not eat at all than to just be getting into it and run out :p

Some shows this isn't so bad for. Like Stranger Things or Jessica Jones follows a good arc and plays to the strength of the brevity by avoiding filler. But for an episodic, half hour cartoon comedy feels like we'll hardly get to know the characters before the season ends.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 7:16 PM, Chairslinger said:

I miss 20+ episode seasons for shows.

I am interested in it, but with a show like this 10 episodes makes me want to wait for a couple seasons before I even start. It's like getting a frustratingly small portion of food for dinner. Sometimes I would rather not eat at all than to just be getting into it and run out :p

Some shows this isn't so bad for. Like Stranger Things or Jessica Jones follows a good arc and plays to the strength of the brevity by avoiding filler. But for an episodic, half hour cartoon comedy feels like we'll hardly get to know the characters before the season ends.

I agree. Then it will be forever until we get new episodes.

58 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Finished it. Overall it’s ok. It started to hit a stride for me in the last two episodes. Hopefully season 2 can continue its momentum. 

40 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I agree. Then it will be forever until we get new episodes.

They are still gonna put out 10 more episodes for season one. These are just the first 10 episodes.

On a side note, they're really pushing it hard here in Germany. There are posters for it at nearly every single tram stop.

zSW0PDS.jpg

Not too surprising I guess since Germans love The Simpsons, so I suppose they're hoping for similar numbers. 

I watched the whole season... it picks up with episode 4 which I think may be the funniest of the season. I can see continuing to watch this because I think that like Futurama, this may take awhile for people to pick up on. The jokes are really subtle and are very fast. I'm sticking with it because Futurama didn't set the world on fire at first either. 

21 hours ago, Nokra said:

On a side note, they're really pushing it hard here in Germany. There are posters for it at nearly every single tram stop.

zSW0PDS.jpg

Not too surprising I guess since Germans love The Simpsons, so I suppose they're hoping for similar numbers. 

Well they are from the land of chocolate, so...

Also, that was referenced in this new show me thinks.

Also, also.  I'm sticking with it but did not like it thus far.

• 1 year later...