NFL Week 15 - 8 Teams Still in the Hunt

Keyser_Soze

spacer.png

Well if you decide to watch TNF tonight over the Game Awards you might get to see Lemar Jackson demolish the Jets.

Pats are so bad they have to record the 1-12 Bengals sideline?

Will Aaron Rodgers continue his decline against the bears?

Are the Texans going to decide if they want to clinch this thing or not?

Does Philadelphia have any more receivers left to be able to beat Washington?

Buffalo gets a primetime game, o em gee!

A Monday night shootout?

I don't know if I have ever seen a team go from "middle-of-the-pack" to "abysmal" as quickly as the Raiders have.  I know they have been decimated in a few key position groups (WR/TE, and DBs) but damn.

Side note:

The NFL is now getting a little strange on expectations of player behaviour.  Going from where they were, to Janoris Jenkins getting cut for calling someone a "retard".  That is a huge move.  And TBH, I'm not sure they are being wholly consistent yet.

Bears almost had a miraculous lateral fest to get within a 2 point conversion of tying GB. One more lateral and they probably get in.

Holy moly, the last 8 game seconds of the Niners/Falcons game were a roller coaster. A go ahead TD call reversed, then a reception short of the goal line reversed to the go ahead TD. And to top it off, the Niners mess up a lateral in desperation and the Falcons scoop and score to tack an extra 6 on the board :silly:

51 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Bears almost had a miraculous lateral fest to get within a 2 point conversion of tying GB. One more lateral and they probably get in.

Holy moly, the last 8 game seconds of the Niners/Falcons game were a roller coaster. A go ahead TD call reversed, then a reception short of the goal line reversed to the go ahead TD. And to top it off, the Niners mess up a lateral in desperation and the Falcons scoop and score to tack an extra 6 on the board :silly:

Most entertaining game I have watched this year in what has been a boring losing season.  Go Dirty Birds!

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Will be fun to see the Bills go to the superbowl so you can see features for weeks about how they lost 4 in a row.

I’m dreading a Houston/Buffalo first round matchup as they will replay the Oilers blowing it to the Bills repeatedly. A terrible moment in Houston sports history.

17 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m dreading a Houston/Buffalo first round matchup as they will replay the Oilers blowing it to the Bills repeatedly. A terrible moment in Houston sports history.

I'm dreading a Buffalo/Tennessee first round matchup as they will replay the Titans' Music City Miracle repeatedly.  A terrible moment in Buffalo sports history.

Go Texans!

If the Bills win another game they are going to destroy my 10 win prediction for the year...Oh well, I was trying to temper my expectations.

EDIT:  The Bills  are virtually locked into 5th (can't fall to 6 and the division is highly unlikely) so much so that Bills fans have already started to buy playoff tickets for the Texans game in Houston.

@Biggie  @Keyser_Soze

EDIT 2:  sb, I was at the comeback game.  Many people through the years have claimed to have been there that either weren't or left early

My only proof that I have ever offered that I was there and didn't leave?  I was in a box for the game.  There was no way I was walking away from pizza, wings, peanuts, cheese, crackers, shrimp, beer, whiskey, beef on weck for any reason, regardless of the score.

It’s one of my earliest sports memories, watching football with my dad, a couple of uncles, and my grandfather. The shock at what happened sticks with me all these years later :cry:

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s one of my earliest sports memories, watching football with my dad, a couple of uncles, and my grandfather. The shock at what happened sticks with me all these years later :cry:

Yeah, sorry.  We all have them and they do really stink.

For us from "Home Run Throwback"  (Music City Miracle is so inaccurate! :D) to "No Goal" against the Stars in '99 (losing to Dallas in 3 Championships during the 90s in two sports was fun), to "Wide Right" in Super Bowl XXV ( I was there, too...security was a little bit of a heady during the first gulf war), and a few others I don't want to bring up, we have had more than our fair share on the Niagara River. 

...Boston likes to still wine about their sports misery, but really Boston fans, here and everywhere, really?  I believe you have 13 championships this century?

10 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Yeah, sorry.  We all have them and they do really stink.

For us from "Home Run Throwback"  (Music City Miracle is so inaccurate! :D) to "No Goal" against the Stars in '99 (losing to Dallas in 3 Championships during the 90s in two sports was fun), to "Wide Right" in Super Bowl XXV ( I was there, too...security was a little bit of a heady during the first gulf war), and a few others I don't want to bring up, we have had more than our fair share on the Niagara River. 

...Boston likes to still wine about their sports misery, but really Boston fans, here and everywhere, really?  I believe you have 13 championships this century?

Amusingly my worst sports disappointment predates my existence, precisely because it gets replayed multiple times EVERY March: the University of Houston men’s basketball team losing to NC State at the buzzer in the 83 championship game. Olajuwon is my all time favorite basketball player and I obsessed over his college and NBA career as a kid. His biography was the first I ever read!

Wow.  Didn't get to watch the Raiders game until today.  Did they get jobbed by the refs.  First, a phantom PI call on the first 4Q TD drive to keep it alive. 

Then incorrectly calling Carr out of bounds just before the 2 minute warning (because the Raiders thought the clock was going to run out, they were called for delay of game).

The Raiders didn't help themselves -- with some poor defence.  But they shouldn't have had to.  The Jags should have got the ball back with 30 seconds left, not 1:45...

Raiders ‘not fulfilled’ with the way Sunday’s ending was officiated

There are countless possibilities, all of which are within the control of the coaches and players, or are explainable by dumb luck.

Then there’s the cause that has come up all too often, not just for the Raiders, but for many teams around the league in the past year or two: officiating.

Now to be clear, whether it’s the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game a year ago, the New England Patriots against the Kansas City Chiefs a week ago, or the Raiders’ incident on Sunday, all of the victimized teams still could have won the game.

But especially for Jon Gruden and the Raiders yesterday, a blown call was felt to be the game’s climatic turning point.

“The last drive was one of the best four-minute drives I’ve been associated with. We took the ball on our 30-yard line and ran six straight runs. And Derek Carr ran the ball himself for a first down on a read option.”

“I don’t like it at all. They stopped the game in Indiana, took my middle linebacker away for 12 weeks, they ended his season. They stopped the game in Kansas City and took Mullens’ interception away. Why the hell don’t you stop the game and get the clock right? I don’t think it was even close. I’m not happy about it. Apologies are great. But this is 2020. I’ve been in enough meetings about it. I’m disgusted by it. I don’t want any instant replay in my life, personally. But if we’re going to have it, let’s use it properly. I don’t think it’s that hard.”

“I’m obviously very upset here today talking about it. They apologized. Like I said, Curtis Riley was not offsides. That was a third-and-eight where we’re off the field. Everybody has sour grapes when it comes to officiating...What happened yesterday, the quarterback gave himself up in the field of play, we’ve got eight guys [officials] out there. I’m not going to say much more, but to answer your question, it’s not real fulfilling.”

“That was a real bright spot for us. He played a heck of a game. I thought the PI (pass interference) was very questionable. I didn’t agree with that.” It was the second time in three weeks Mullens had a pass interference call go against him which Gruden strongly disagreed with.