What do you do with extra rooms in your house

Dodger

Specifically a great room. I currently have an empty great room which is the first room when you walk into the house. My original idea was to put a pool table in there and make it a game room for when people come over, but I don't have that many people over so it seems kind of like a waste. Tried to move the home gym I want to build over there so it'll have more room, but the misses nixed that idea. Could do a family room, but I have a pretty big living room with a huge couch so seems kind of redundant. Could move my man cave from the den to over there, that way I've have way more room to expand and do more things with it. 

Our living room is what you se when you first walk into our house and it’s set up like a contemporary family room. There’s a secondary great room downstairs and it’s the game room. Nothing but video games. 

one spare bedroom is my husband’s project room and there’s a futon for an extra guest and the other spare bedroom is a guest room/my library. 

We have a lean-to which, once we have sold off a load of stuff (or put things in the loft) will be for her to paint and draw in. We have a spare room for guests and I turned what used to be a gaming room into a study (which I'm in at the moment printing and annotating about 40 documents). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 1:48 PM, Dodger said:

I

I'll murder each and everyone of you who tell me "but it's a dry heat!" when I'm sweating my balls off June-September

We visited Arizona last summer. Coming from South Texas where it was 103 with 90% humidity, your 115 with 10% felt like a Fall afternoon.