I saw somebody have a seizure today at a restaurant

SaysWho?

I don't know the person, but I've never seen this in public. I was eating with some friends and we noticed a guy sweating at a table. He was with his friends or family/relatives... dunno which, but it doesn't matter. It wasn't just that he was looking hot, but he was clearly unwell in a bigger way. They put cool towels on him, he was saying he needed to go someplace cooler, and one of the servers called 911. He wasn't saying much as his friend surrounded him. I saw lights flash and the responders arrived. As they were outside, I saw him take a few breaths, and I started worrying that he was suffering a heart attack. As the men came inside, his eyes spun to the top of his head, and one of the paramedics took him under the arms and set him down on the ground.

While they were getting him ready to transfer him to the ambulance, we saw the man breathing. Then we saw him communicate with the paramedics on scene, and he started taking things out of his pockets (maybe he was giving them to his friends, but I don't know). I'm pretty sure I heard one of the paramedics that he had a seizure.

I don't know much about how it's brought on and the symptoms prior to one, but in my limited knowledge, I was relieved it was a seizure and not a heart attack or something like that. It looks like it only lasted around a minute, which apparently is typical. 

Anyone ever see something like this happen while you were out? This is a first for me, though I've heard of people who suffer from it, or some instances where a person with a brain tumor will suffer at least a seizure a day.

I was at the airport pooping. And I started to hear some heavy breathing. Then a thud. Then ppl forcing a stall open and a lot of commotion. I hurried, walked out and there was a guy on the ground breathing heavily looking like he didn't have air, super pale and in obvious pain look at me. Other ppl there were on the phone. I left the bathroom and went right up to a agent and said there's a guy who needs serious medical attention and they were like idk what to do and they start calling 911, so I went up to another and said hey someone is dying. They are like lol IDK call 911? I was like fuck do I have to yell bomb for someone to come look at this!? So I went to another person and then some paramedics ran into the bathroom.

Pretty sure that's what dying from a heart attack looked like.

I've been a first aider for a few epileptic seizures, a few fainting episodes and one suspected heart attack (turns out it was a severe panic attack from someone that had previously had a heart attack). 

It's a reminder that I want to do a few more levels of first aid qualification so I can go a bit beyond sling making and basic help. 

My great uncle had seizures. He lived in a very rural area and didnt have access to anything to stop them . Everyone knew he had them but he was super embarrassed about it , when he felt one coming on he would wander to a row of trees behind my great grandmothers house and sit down,have a seizure and then comeback in. My great grandmother would often have to bring him a change clothes because he would piss himself when it happen.

I went to Easter mass with my dad a few years ago, and an elderly man collapsed during the service...It started by hearing a woman call out 'Father!' at some point during a reading, and the priest eventually noticed what was happening and asked any medical personnel to attend to him. A few people jogged over and started administering CPR, and after a minute or so the guy came to and let out the most unbelievable gasp as he finally breathed in (I'll seriously never forget that sound).

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I remember being a kid at the city pool and a woman had a seizure there. And when I was in nursing school, working at Walmart, a teenager had a seizure in the store. 

I see them all the time at work, so... :shrug:

I brought that up to my friends with whom I was eating. I have a friend who works in a hospital and has told me some of the stuff he's seen, and I'm thinking, "You know, it made me uneasy just watching this one guy have a seizure. PRAISE THE LAWD there are people who can get used to this."