Active Shooter - Jersey City, update - suspects appear to have been members of "Black Hebrew Israelite" cult (SPLC-identified hate group)

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

"Well then it's just criminals doing the mass shooting. No need for gun control then" Fox News, Probably :|

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Its Jeresy, it could be a pair of fully aware upright Kodiak bears. Anything goes in the Florida of the north. 

When did Jersey get labeled with THIS reputation? I missed that memo :confused:

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"Well then it's just criminals doing the mass shooting. No need for gun control then" Fox News, Probably :|

Jersey is just a crazy diverse state! So much weird shit, and good shit, happens in Jersey! Its a country unto itself.  My 1st and 4th wives are from there. Florida is also quite weird, though not quite as diverse. 

• Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Jersey has been unfairly shit on for ages. It used to be because a small part of the Turnpike smells. Now it's because a bunch of guidos have an MTV show. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

I hope they're targeting cops and I hope they beat the high score. 

Was this a little too spicy? Yeah. 

But you know what, I don't give a shit anymore. Mass shootings are a thing now. The way our society is structured, and the way our arms industry protects its sales breeds these things. We, as a society, are okay with mass shootings, regardless of the cause or target. End of story. These don't even phase me anymore when they come across the news ticker. It's just another day in America. Because it just will not ever change or get better as long as this current power structure exists. 

What we need to NOT be okay with is police violence. Police violence happens based on radical left politics growing which threatened the white power structures in business and government. The response to this was the clamp down on gun availability to some people, to militarize police, and to punish some sectors of society with mass incarceration. Police violence flows out of each and every one of these things. It is propped up by being intertwined with the FOP and the gun industry through the NRA. Our cultural fetish with Power through "support our troops" has extended to "back the blue" and "Blue Lives Matter"--all in reaction to our inherent societal racism and the issues that forces in opposition to that racism seek to tackle. The result is an even more militarized police. An even more subdued society. An even more emboldened racist wing of society that is protected by police, the government, corporations, and their little worker bees. 

The targets of mass violence (muslims, black america, jews, gays, etc) at the hands of racists with guns or the police/organs of State power themselves are not going to be able to reduce the incidence of these events. They just will not. They don't have the political power, and they will not be allowed it by the current power structure. This recent police shooting of the UPS driver and bystander in Miami is one example of when shit goes down. I bet there will come a day when we have our own Beslan crisis. 

My point with the original post and that I seek to explain with this one is that the targeting of the organs of State power with violence may become a form of political expression that is more often undertaken. Shit is bad in this country and there is no end in sight. I'm not seeking out or encouraging some violent anarchic campaign of terror against the police. I don't want that. But I also don't want what the current iteration of America is. I'm just saying that the worst case is that targeting of cops becomes more common because of how out of whack our society is and because of how fucked our gun laws/culture is. 

13 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Was this a little too spicy? Yeah. 

But you know what, I don't give a shit anymore. Mass shootings are a thing now. The way our society is structured, and the way our arms industry protects its sales breeds these things. We, as a society, are okay with mass shootings, regardless of the cause or target. End of story. These don't even phase me anymore when they come across the news ticker. It's just another day in America. Because it just will not ever change or get better as long as this current power structure exists. 

What we need to NOT be okay with is police violence. Police violence happens based on radical left politics growing which threatened the white power structures in business and government. The response to this was the clamp down on gun availability to some people, to militarize police, and to punish some sectors of society with mass incarceration. Police violence flows out of each and every one of these things. It is propped up by being intertwined with the FOP and the gun industry through the NRA. Our cultural fetish with Power through "support our troops" has extended to "back the blue" and "Blue Lives Matter"--all in reaction to our inherent societal racism and the issues that forces in opposition to that racism seek to tackle. The result is an even more militarized police. An even more subdued society. An even more emboldened racist wing of society that is protected by police, the government, corporations, and their little worker bees. 

The targets of mass violence (muslims, black america, jews, gays, etc) at the hands of racists with guns or the police/organs of State power themselves are not going to be able to reduce the incidence of these events. They just will not. They don't have the political power, and they will not be allowed it by the current power structure. This recent police shooting of the UPS driver and bystander in Miami is one example of when shit goes down. I bet there will come a day when we have our own Beslan crisis. 

My point with the original post and that I seek to explain with this one is that the targeting of the organs of State power with violence may become a form of political expression that is more often undertaken. Shit is bad in this country and there is no end in sight. I'm not seeking out or encouraging some violent anarchic campaign of terror against the police. I don't want that. But I also don't want what the current iteration of America is. I'm just saying that the worst case is that targeting of cops becomes more common because of how out of whack our society is and because of how fucked our gun laws/culture is. 

Police violence is a problem, but the majority of gun crime in America is black people killing other black people, and not white people with manifesto's shooting minorities because their country is being invaded just because that was one white guy. 93% of Blacks are killed by....other blacks. Not racist white people. 84% of all white homicide victims, killed by other whites. Most violence is intraracial. Not that racism isn't a problem but racism isn't what fuels most crime. You and many others seeing a problem that just isn't there, at least not nearly on the scale you perceive it to be. 

Link before I'm bugged about it

I'm not getting into a discussion about this, so this is all I'll say. That black on black shootings are happening at such a great rate is a confluence of racial discrimination, economic loss and depression, and availability of guns. People without safety nets, or safety nets with massive holes turn to other illicit methods to make it economically. In urban centers with high population density, that means the population taking part in that is disproportionately black. This same thing happens in other parts of the country (read: more rural parts) for the same reasons, it's just that those that partake in the violence have a different skin color. Meth deal shootouts in the hills of Tennessee are the same as dope deals in East St. Louis--tragedies that result from The Way Things Are. 

You can't unring the bell, but without the production rates of guns in this country being what it is, we don't have a gun violence problem. We have a gun violence problem because we have a gun availability problem. 

And back to my original point, I'm not bemoaning the existence of gun violence in itself. We're built on the gun. We worship Zardoz. What I mean is that mass shootings are a side effect of the availability of guns and the tensions in this country, just like black on black crime is. And where I was going with my original Hot Take is that guns being used against police will become more commonplace. 

54 minutes ago, Jose said:

Jersey has been unfairly shit on for ages. It used to be because a small part of the Turnpike smells. Now it's because a bunch of guidos have an MTV show. 

And they're mostly from the Islands, Staten and Long :p My stance with the whole "shit on Jersey thing" has been if you're not from NY or another major city, you can kindly shut the fuck up. I grew up in Jersey and will proudly rep it till I die :p.

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Except statistics show that white people also mostly kill other white people. 

Which is why specifically calling out black on black crime is the center space. In most cases people kill others who share geographic proximity, and since our history of settlement in this country is largely based on race and socioeconomic status, this means that most crime is intraracial by default.

• Thanks 1