Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer

I’ve never been much if a fan of the original films, and this trailer is all “hey, remember this!?!” about stuff from the originals...so didn’t do much for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Based off that video I think this could be something special. Regardless of what you thought overall of the 2016 movie, and the garbage nonsense MRAs made out of it, it was a clear cash grab to use the IP to try and make money. This movie feels like an honest, heartfelt sequel of a son wanting to continue what his father started. 

• 1 month later...

Still looks awesome but I am confused about the nature of the world. This is a direct sequel, no quasi-reboot or anything like that but it seems like no one has any knowledge of the crazy shit that happened in the first two movies. There was a giant marshmallow man attacking NYC and then a slime powered Statue of Liberty walked through the streets, this is stuff that would make the history books.

12 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Still looks awesome but I am confused about the nature of the world. This is a direct sequel, no quasi-reboot or anything like that but it seems like no one has any knowledge of the crazy shit that happened in the first two movies. There was a giant marshmallow man attacking NYC and then a slime powered Statue of Liberty walked through the streets, this is stuff that would make the history books.

All they need is a quick throwaway line about QAnon and Trump insisting it didn't happen, then it will be believable that no one thinks it existed.

21 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I'm confused on how you came to this conclusion that no one has any knowledge of the crazy shit that happened. She's watching the Ghostbusters tv commercial at 1:22 in the new trailer. They haven't shown many characters in the trailers besides the main cast. 

39 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I'm confused on how you came to this conclusion that no one has any knowledge of the crazy shit that happened. She's watching the Ghostbusters tv commercial at 1:22 in the new trailer. They haven't shown many characters in the trailers besides the main cast. 

yeah it looks like they are watching the commercial for the first time and have no knowledge of it, at least that is the impression I get from the trailer. 

21 minutes ago, elbobo said:

yeah it looks like they are watching the commercial for the first time and have no knowledge of it, at least that is the impression I get from the trailer. 

I believe they know nothing about them until Paul Rudd saw the trap the kid brings into class in the teaser trailer. He tells them who the Ghostbusters are via the YouTube videos you see them watching in the new trailer. 

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

I believe they know nothing about them until Paul Rudd saw the trap the kid brings into class in the teaser trailer. He tells them who the Ghostbusters are via the YouTube videos you see them watching in the new trailer. 

Yea it is a little weird.  If those events happened people would know about it.  It would be common knowledge.  However maybe they are going to lean into the idea that the ghostbusters faked the whole thing somehow to make money and it was a giant scam so the original crew are all discredited.