Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer

45 minutes ago, Brick said:

Is he actually going to be fighting all of them in one movie!? 

Director has confirmed there are other monsters beyond Goji, Rodan, KG, and Mothra... as long as King Ghidrah is not a good guy again im ok with whatever they throw....though Rodan getting to shine would be great far as im concerned (2nd best monster in series)

If only this were true..

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

Director has confirmed there are other monsters beyond Goji, Rodan, KG, and Mothra... as long as King Ghidrah is not a good guy again im ok with whatever they throw....though Rodan getting to shine would be great far as im concerned (2nd best monster in series)

If only this were true..

Even though this probably isn't true, I SO wish that it were... The 10 year old in me got legit goose bumps watching that trailer. I used to LOVE Godzilla movies when I was a kid. Probably more than Kung Fu movies.

and what movie was King Ghidorah a good guy in? one of the newer Godzilla movies? I expect we'll see Anguiruss, Megalon Gabera and a couple of other classic monsters. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Even though this probably isn't true, I SO wish that it were... The 10 year old in me got legit goose bumps watching that trailer. I used to LOVE Godzilla movies when I was a kid. Probably more than Kung Fu movies.

and what movie was King Ghidorah a good guy in? one of the newer Godzilla movies? I expect we'll see Anguiruss, Megalon Gabera and a couple of other classic monsters

It was in 2001 Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack........  Its a mouthful of a title but has a evil/malicious godzilla more like an evil spirit and Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Baragon as Guardian Monsters trying to stop him.  As a Godzilla movie its within many peoples top 5, the localization has some unfortunate mistranslation.. Great effects all around.

The guy who directed the 90s Gamera movies (real good films) directed it on a short schedule and with the usual Toho meddling

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

It was in 2001 Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack........  Its a mouthful of a title but has a evil/malicious godzilla more like an evil spirit and Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Baragon as Guardian Monsters trying to stop him.  As a Godzilla movie its within many peoples top 5, the localization has some unfortunate mistranslation.. Great effects all around.

The guy who directed the 90s Gamera movies (real good films) directed it on a short schedule and with the usual Toho meddling

Do we know for sure Gamera isn't going to be a part of these new movies?

Most places are pretty sure, unless its some sort of super secret surprise (a rumor, April Fools Joke circulated last year).... the folks that own Gamera had wanted a team up with Godzilla for some time..Toho has always said no for some reason. But a Gamera solo film is rumored 

8 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Most places are pretty sure, unless its some sort of super secret surprise (a rumor, April Fools Joke circulated last year).... the folks that own Gamera had wanted a team up with Godzilla for some time..Toho has always said no for some reason. But a Gamera solo film is rumored 

Does Legendary own the rights to Gamera as well though? remember we still have Godzilla vs King Kong coming as well.

1 minute ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I thought that trailer was bad. It's a good thing I am a fan of the monster and the world or that trailer would have turned me off to seeing it.

I mostly agree, the tone is hopefully another misdirection campaign like in the last one......  seems to offer more moster action, hopefully it doesnt ring hollow like the spectacle seen in most transformer films...

As a fan I will just settle for hoping to hear all the monster roars and be grateful that they upgraded Godzillas beam.

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Does Legendary own the rights to Gamera as well though? remember we still have Godzilla vs King Kong coming as well.

Legendary does not (as of yet)

the last major Gamera anything was the 50th anniversary "cgi concept trailer/short" from 2005

Kong will need some serious vitamins to get to the scale of these monsters..... 

Does Legendary have the stones to leave this on a "cliffhanger" for Kong to show up and turn the tide? with other reinforcements?

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I mostly agree, the tone is hopefully another misdirection campaign like in the last one......  seems to offer more moster action, hopefully it doesnt ring hollow like the spectacle seen in most transformer films...

As a fan I will just settle for hoping to hear all the monster roars and be grateful that they upgraded Godzillas beam.

Misdirection is probably more appropriate for this trailer and that what not made it appealing to me. I don't need crazy action but I wanted more.......action, lol or more intensity.

You guys didn't like this trailer? Why? I thought it was intense as hell and teased a lot of action while not giving too much away. I like that we didn't fully see King Ghidorah, Rodan or Mothra. Also the woman referred to the monsters as "Titans" and she said there were 10 of them. I can only assume Kong is one and Skull Island will be some kind of focal point for where this is all going... I also assume that Skull Island will eventually be revealed to be Monster Island as well. If Godzilla, Rodan, Kong, Mothra and King Ghidorah are 5 of the ten Titans discussed in the trailer who are the other five? I would assume Anguiruss would have to be one, but what other classic, iconic monsters from the franchise could be as well? Megalon? Gigan?

I did not like the trailer. So the planet is dying, humans are the infection, and the Titans are the remedy, so they must find them all. Huh?

So are they trying to kill all the Titans before they are awakened? Or are they trying to awaken all the Titans to kill off the humans? Or are the Titans supposed to do some  none human killing stuff, but instead they're going to fight?

Is that lady Ra's Al Ghul with giant monsters, or are the monsters supposed to fix global warming?

Wtf is going on? 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I did not like the trailer. So the planet is dying, humans are the infection, and the Titans are the remedy, so they must find them all. Huh?

So are they trying to kill all the Titans before they are awakened? Or are they trying to awaken all the Titans to kill off the humans? Or are the Titans supposed to do some  none human killing stuff, but instead they're going to fight?

Is that lady Ra's Al Ghul with giant monsters, or are the monsters supposed to fix global warming?

Wtf is going on? 

Umm aren't you supposed to watch the movie to find out?

Two questions:

1. Are we really arguing how dumb the plot of a movie about a bunch of gain monsters is? As long as the humans have a decent story framework to help us feel empathy for them I don't care too much about the science/mojo making it all happen.

2. Are the Netflix Godzilla animes any good? Looking for something to watch tonight.

20 minutes ago, Wild said:

Two questions:

1. Are we really arguing how dumb the plot of a movie about a bunch of gain monsters is? As long as the humans have a decent story framework to help us feel empathy for them I don't care too much about the science/mojo making it all happen.

2. Are the Netflix Godzilla animes any good? Looking for something to watch tonight.

I've only seen part one and while it was watchable, it suffers from the modern anime curse of taking itself WAAAAY too fucking seriously.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've only seen part one and while it was watchable, it suffers from the modern anime curse of taking itself WAAAAY too fucking seriously.

Ah, yea, I know what you're getting at.

29 minutes ago, Wild said:

The biggest issue with these movies is that the humans have a story.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

its part of whats kept me from watching Shin Godzilla, though I did watch the Godzilla portions themselves are pretty great (along with his new powers) ...too bad they wont continue the story

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The biggest issue with these movies is that the humans have a story.

Humans have ALWAYS had stories in Godzilla movies... shit one of his classic movies was about a latch key kid who got chased by bullies and ultimately foiled some robbers scheme. At least the two Monsterverse movies so far have not had anything anywhere NEAR as ludicrous as what the Japanese films typically have.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd rather have that than the stuff they put in the american movies.

You must not have seen too many of them... that shit was awful when I was 5... it's even worse now. The human characters in the most recent American Godzilla movies were mostly forgettable but the ones in Kong were definitely entertaining.